May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

7 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

The krauts will soon be sobbing as they have to plug the hole from no further UK payments ..And the other 26 will still want their grubby handouts but UK won't be paying as their factories start laying off car workers..Just wait for the EU to implode in the coming months from cash shortages 

I would guess you are the type that treats every England v Germany football match as a re-run of WW2

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

We put that to bed in the 70s. Both countries admire each other if the truth be told but the EU morphed into something that parasized both & we had the gumption to do something about it. I wish Germany well. They were decades in front when I lived there :smile:

I wish we had but watch any football match between England and Germany and it suggests otherwise. The scandalous behaviour by English fans only a short time ago also suggests otherwise. I also think the way the OP referred to Germans suggests otherwise. I am sure there are German posters on TV who will be dismayed by such labels, I am not German and I am.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

I wish we had but watch any football match between England and Germany and it suggests otherwise. The scandalous behaviour by English fans only a short time ago also suggests otherwise. I also think the way the OP referred to Germans suggests otherwise. I am sure there are German posters on TV who will be dismayed by such labels, I am not German and I am.

Yes I know what you mean. 

images (13).jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

The last task of my granddad's (1898-1992) regiment of Kitchener volunteers (11Bn Essex Regt) was to teach the citizens of Cologne how to play football before being demobbed in 1919. 

Our friendship towards each other has been around for a while and will easily survive the next two years.

Edited by evadgib

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The last task of my granddad's (1898-1992) regiment of Kitchener volunteers (11Bn Essex Regt) was to teach the citizens of Cologne how to play football before being demobbed in 1919. 

Our friendship towards each other has been around for a while and will easily survive the next two years.

Very laudable I just wish that sentiment was shared by every one else. However only yesterday one person was suspended for making  a war time German related smear against another member of TV.

1 minute ago, pitrevie said:

Very laudable I just wish that sentiment was shared by every one else. However only yesterday one person was suspended for making  a war time German related smear against another member of TV.

...after the 'victim' reported him to the headmaster despite numerous offences in his own right :sad:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

...after the 'victim' reported him to the headmaster despite numerous offences in his own right :sad:

Really and I am sure you can illustrate that. There is a difference between banter and the type of smear that occurred yesterday. In fact I was also the subject of a smear from another poster who was suspended (not as a result of any action on my part) and who tries to take the moral high ground. I am often told by this character that if I ask him to provide evidence of some assertion he has made that I am engaging in debating tricks.

4 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Really and I am sure you can illustrate that. There is a difference between banter and the type of smear that occurred yesterday. In fact I was also the subject of a smear from another poster who was suspended (not as a result of any action on my part) and who tries to take the moral high ground. I am often told by this character that if I ask him to provide evidence of some assertion he has made that I am engaging in debating tricks.

My comment referred to nothing more than the blatant hypocrisy. 

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

My comment referred to nothing more than the blatant hypocrisy. 

I think in order to get suspended you need a bit more than being a hypocrite. If his remarks overstep the line then I am sure the appropriate action will be taken. 

31 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

And who was that?

4 minutes ago, nontabury said:

And who was that?

well you were certainly the one with the German related smear against another member. However my apologies if I got the other part wrong but I certainly think your remark was a disgrace.

"Most academic economists, along with the Treasury, the Bank of England, the IMF and the OECD, forecast an immediate downturn as a result of a Leave vote.

In the event, all these organizations have since been scrabbling to revise their predictions upwards, and you can see why. Britain grew more strongly in the six months after the vote than in the six months before it and ended 2016 as the world’s most successful major economy. Employment, investment, share prices, retail activity, manufacturing output, and exports are all rising."

https://capx.co/theresa-mays-britain-is-starting-to-look-like-a-safe-haven/

1 minute ago, stander said:

"Most academic economists, along with the Treasury, the Bank of England, the IMF and the OECD, forecast an immediate downturn as a result of a Leave vote.

In the event, all these organizations have since been scrabbling to revise their predictions upwards, and you can see why. Britain grew more strongly in the six months after the vote than in the six months before it and ended 2016 as the world’s most successful major economy. Employment, investment, share prices, retail activity, manufacturing output, and exports are all rising."

https://capx.co/theresa-mays-britain-is-starting-to-look-like-a-safe-haven/

Oh goodie now that our economy is growing stronger I am sure that we are going to see sterling not only regain its value but soar to heights never seen before.

Oh goodie now that our economy is growing stronger I am sure that we are going to see sterling not only regain its value but soar to heights never seen before.

No but a huge opportunity to escape the constraints of the failed bureaucrat experiment called the EU. The fact is Germany and the "open door to all migrants" Merkels want to punish Uk because It was or still is the 2nd biggest contributor to the "black hole" spending. The world is a much bigger open trading market than it was when this "common market" began, then morphing into the EU monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pitrevie said:

And I sincerely hope you live long enough to enjoy it......me too for that matter :thumbsup:

Onwards and upwards for Great Britain now is the only way :wai:

• Like 2

Well the trigger has been pulled and the negotiations have started, but not very well.

"Theresa May’s Brexit launch suffered a series of heavy blows after key planks of her opening strategy were point-blank rejected by Europe’s top politicians."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-article-50-theresa-may-eu-angela-merkel-security-divorce-bill-a7657116.html

"Angela Merkel has dealt an instant blow to Theresa May's plan for Brexit by rejecting the PM's plan for trade talks to take place at the same time as Article 50 secession negotiations."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-article-50-angela-merkel-rejects-theresa-may-parallel-talks-a7656506.html

"The European Parliament's chief Brexit negotiator has attacked Theresa May’s apparent threat to weaken security commitments to the EU if Britain is denied a trade deal."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-free-trade-threat-security-guy-verhofstadt-response-a7656761.html

The tough talking may have impressed the brexiteers, but that's about all.

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Is Angela Merkal the leader of another Member country or is she the leader of the EU ?

You are perfectly free to believe that none of the others will support her and that despite what Mr Tusk said, the EU will not act as one to protect the 27 other states.

A bit of a downer for the hard liners.

"

A draft resolution expected to be approved by the European Parliament on 5 April proposes a three-year time limit for a transitional period to thrash out an agreement following the likely Brexit date in 2019.

That could leave British citizens to enjoy another five years of unrestricted access to the rest of the continent."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/article-50-brexit-latest-theresa-may-freedom-of-movement-after-leave-eu-a7657111.html

Well the trigger has been pulled and the negotiations have started, but not very well.

"Theresa May’s Brexit launch suffered a series of heavy blows after key planks of her opening strategy were point-blank rejected by Europe’s top politicians."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-article-50-theresa-may-eu-angela-merkel-security-divorce-bill-a7657116.html

"Angela Merkel has dealt an instant blow to Theresa May's plan for Brexit by rejecting the PM's plan for trade talks to take place at the same time as Article 50 secession negotiations."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-article-50-angela-merkel-rejects-theresa-may-parallel-talks-a7656506.html

"The European Parliament's chief Brexit negotiator has attacked Theresa May’s apparent threat to weaken security commitments to the EU if Britain is denied a trade deal."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-free-trade-threat-security-guy-verhofstadt-response-a7656761.html

The tough talking may have impressed the brexiteers, but that's about all.

The Merkels and bureaucrats in Brussels can talk tough at beginning that's their prerogative. Negotiating will change hardline views! Of course many remain voters from last years ref want no deal and failure . Europhiles to the core!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

This actually destroys any credibility the "victim"  may have been able to claim.

Despite constantly baiting and flaming others he cries and runs to mummy as soon as he feels he is loosing. Absolutely pathetic.

Theresa May has constantly been misquoted and her remarks spun by other FMs as well as the BBC and lefty politicians.

No where has she made any remark that could be taken to be blackmail. To simply say that if we come away with no deal, security could be weakened is nothing more than the truth.

it's about time the remain brigade started realising that we all need the best deal possible as there is no going back. To constantly talk down the UK helps no one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pitrevie said:

I am sure there are German posters on TV who will be dismayed by such labels,

only Germans with an inferiority complex might be dismayed. others will just grin :smile:

• Like 1