May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

What a 'Peaky Blinder"? I have never worn one. We don't were I am from. Come to think of it that's a 'Trotsky cap'. Suitable for the clown Corbyn is. He played a blinder on TV yesterday showing that he has no idea what he is on about but I am sure the students don't care that they were well and truly shafted by him.

God  Bless  you JC ,   our  next PM ,   the new  Jehovah . 

Destroy   capitalism ,   and  increase  unemployment/ student  benefits , asap . 

Edited by elliss

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

God  Bless  you JC ,   our  next PM ,   the new  Jehovah . 

Destroy   capitalism  asap ,    and  increase  unemployment benefits .

I agree, who needs JC?, the Tories are doing a pretty good job of destroying things right now!

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 4:49 AM, SheungWan said:

Strip out the over-excitable blame throwing and what it seems we are left with here is an acknowledgement from some Hard Brexiteers that they don't have the people in government capable of negotiating the UK's way out of the Brexit paper bag. If they did think they had things under control then there wouldn't be the Its All Cameron's Fault mantra occupying their nightmare hours. Not an edifying sight. PS, I have yet to meet someone who knows what on earth they are saying when they shout 'Google It'. Probably would fall asleep if one started discussing search algorithms.

OK, so we shouldn't be asking the question why the UK is in the position it's in? We should just shut that out of our minds, right? After all it's nobody's fault really... It's just one of those unfortunate things... Past is past, and we need to move on and focus on the here and now and start blaming the people who are dealing with the aftermath of whatever it was that led us to where we are today. And if those people that you are saying are now to blame for the way they are handling the firebomb that unexpectedly landed in their laps should, in the future, decide to lead the nation towards making "one of the biggest decisions this country will face in our lifetimes,” (Cameron's words); they can mislead the nation about their intentions post big-decision; they can surprise everyone (including their successors) by tendering their resignations whilst having no contingency plans in place, and they can move on to pastures greener and when it all goes t!ts up we can just forget about them and start wagging our fingers at the new incoming crew...

Unless I missed something it appears that this is what you're saying, right? Hmmm.... It's an interesting concept but I can't help but feel there's a  lack of accountability in this scenario, and I'm unconvinced that it would be a good thing.

You're doing the right thing staying away from Google by the way - all those algorithms over there will spin your head for sure. It's intended for academics as far as I can tell - you're better off getting your education here. So, here goes...Let's say that since it was Cameron that called the referendum, it was Cameron who announced that his government would follow the result of the referendum, that prior to the referendum it was Cameron who announced that after the referendum "Come what may, I will continue to lead the country...", and it was Cameron who resigned immediately after the election with no contingency plan in place... he is the cause. And what you are describing as the people in government who are incapable of negotiating their way out of a Brexit paper bag... are the effect. 

In other words, it actually is all Cameron's fault. Now there's an edifying thought...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmybkk said:

OK, so we shouldn't be asking the question why the UK is in the position it's in? We should just shut that out of our minds, right? After all it's nobody's fault really... It's just one of those unfortunate things... Past is past, and we need to move on and focus on the here and now and start blaming the people who are dealing with the aftermath of whatever it was that led us to where we are today. And if those people that you are saying are now to blame for the way they are handling the firebomb that unexpectedly landed in their laps should, in the future, decide to lead the nation towards making "one of the biggest decisions this country will face in our lifetimes,” (Cameron's words); they can mislead the nation about their intentions post big-decision; they can surprise everyone (including their successors) by tendering their resignations whilst having no contingency plans in place, and they can move on to pastures greener and when it all goes t!ts up we can just forget about them and start wagging our fingers at the new incoming crew...

Unless I missed something it appears that this is what you're saying, right? Hmmm.... It's an interesting concept but I can't help but feel there's a  lack of accountability in this scenario, and I'm unconvinced that it would be a good thing.

You're doing the right thing staying away from Google by the way - all those algorithms over there will spin your head for sure. It's intended for academics as far as I can tell - you're better off getting your education here. So, here goes...Let's say that since it was Cameron that called the referendum, it was Cameron who announced that his government would follow the result of the referendum, that prior to the referendum it was Cameron who announced that after the referendum "Come what may, I will continue to lead the country...", and it was Cameron who resigned immediately after the election with no contingency plan in place... he is the cause. And what you are describing as the people in government who are incapable of negotiating their way out of a Brexit paper bag... are the effect. 

In other words, it actually is all Cameron's fault. Now there's an edifying thought...

The (not-so) hilarious joke is that it is the Hard Brexiteers who spend all their time blaming Cameron. Got what they want and still grizzling away. Bad Winners is the definition someone came up with. My own pet theory is that there are some guys who spend their whole lives blaming others for absolutely everything that has happened to them and never quite manage to snap out of it (= grow up) and boy the forum Brexiteers seem to resemble this in spades. Grizzle, grizzle, grizzle.....

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

On 25/07/2017 at 10:49 PM, SheungWan said:

The (not-so) hilarious joke is that it is the Hard Brexiteers who spend all their time blaming Cameron. Got what they want and still grizzling away. Bad Winners is the definition someone came up with. My own pet theory is that there are some guys who spend their whole lives blaming others for absolutely everything that has happened to them and never quite manage to snap out of it (= grow up) and boy the forum Brexiteers seem to resemble this in spades. Grizzle, grizzle, grizzle.....

Actually those who voted "Leave" only "got" what they were allowed to place a vote for in the referendum, namely "Leave" or "Stay", and what you seem to be in denial of is that they were misled by their PM. Voters weren't given any options regarding who they would like to lead the country through either a leave or remain outcome and, because voters were publicly deceived by statements made by Cameron, they did not think it an important point. After all, the political leader of the country, a person who many had voted for and the person who had instigated the referendum, had already told them that: “Our aim to set forward a choice for the British people that they want. And they can either choose to stay in a reformed European Union, or to leave a European Union. And, come what may, I will continue to lead the government in the way I have.”. (The words of David Cameron before the referendum.)

You keep admonishing anyone who dares to throw the blame towards Cameron whilst you throw the blame at those who voted to leave the EU with a somewhat smug: "You got what you deserve" attitude, all the whilst avoiding the fact that Cameron blatantly misled the nation, and that Cameron's deception influenced the way people voted. There's that whole cause and effect thing raising its head again...

Would you care to answer why you feel the way you feel? And please don't use the current state of affairs as part of your reasoning, because the current state of affairs is all down to Cameron's deception. Why is it that you feel so strongly that remaining in the EU was the right thing to do and that the person who gave the people of the UK the choice to remain or leave should not be held accountable in any way shape or form for the events that are now transpiring as a direct result of his actions? Are you, like Grouse, an expat living in an EU country worried about their own post-Brexit status in that country? If so, then why post on a Thailand forum?

Also, why would you be so opposed to following the outcome of a democratically held referendum? Do you not think that the UK should follow the wishes of the majority, i.e. you would prefer a system that is less democratic provided the outcome of referendums like this meet the goals of our own personal agenda?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jimmybkk said:

Actually those who voted "Leave" only "got" what they were allowed to place a vote for in the referendum, namely "Leave" or "Stay", and what you seem to be in denial of is that they were misled by their PM. Voters weren't given any options regarding who they would like to lead the country through either a leave or remain outcome and, because voters were publicly deceived by statements made by Cameron, they did not think it an important point. After all, the political leader of the country, a person who many had voted for and the person who had instigated the referendum, had already told them that: “Our aim to set forward a choice for the British people that they want. And they can either choose to stay in a reformed European Union, or to leave a European Union. And, come what may, I will continue to lead the government in the way I have.”. (The words of David Cameron before the referendum.)

You keep admonishing anyone who dares to throw the blame towards Cameron whilst you throw the blame at those who voted to leave the EU with a somewhat smug: "You got what you deserve" attitude, all the whilst avoiding the fact that Cameron blatantly misled the nation, and that Cameron's deception influenced the way people voted. There's that whole cause and effect thing raising its head again...

Would you care to answer why you feel the way you feel? And please don't use the current state of affairs as part of your reasoning, because the current state of affairs is all down to Cameron's deception. Why is it that you feel so strongly that remaining in the EU was the right thing to do and that the person who gave the people of the UK the choice to remain or leave should not be held accountable in any way shape or form for the events that are now transpiring as a direct result of his actions? Are you, like Grouse, an expat living in an EU country worried about their own post-Brexit status in that country? If so, then why post on a Thailand forum?

Also, why would you be so opposed to following the outcome of a democratically held referendum? Do you not think that the UK should follow the wishes of the majority, i.e. you would prefer a system that is less democratic provided the outcome of referendums like this meet the goals of our own personal agenda?

Apologies for butting in here, I would like to comment

Firstly I am not going to state an opinion on the merits of Brexit or Remain , but focus on D.Cameron and the role of MPs

As I see it , an MPs duties is to do what he thinks is in the best interests of the nation as an whole , whilst representing all is constituents , those who voted for and those who voted against.

If D.Cameron believed that the nations best interests lie in staying in the EU , then it seems to me untenable , considering that as leader he would be responsible for making major decisions , that he should lead a government on a path towards Brexit whilst in his opinion these decisions would be detrimental to the nation. 

As for his statements during the campaign , people have to recognise that this is the theatre of politics, to come out and declare he would resign if he lost would be seen as political weakness and undermine his remain campaign

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Firstly I am not going to state an opinion on the merits of Brexit or Remain , but focus on D.Cameron and the role of MPs

As I see it , an MPs duties is to do what he thinks is in the best interests of the nation as an whole , whilst representing all is constituents , those who voted for and those who voted against.

If D.Cameron believed that the nations best interests lie in staying in the EU , then it seems to me untenable , considering that as leader he would be responsible for making major decisions , that he should lead a government on a path towards Brexit whilst in his opinion these decisions would be detrimental to the nation. 

As for his statements during the campaign , people have to recognise that this is the theatre of politics, to come out and declare he would resign if he lost would be seen as political weakness and undermine his remain campaign

Well, there we have it: We can make excuses for politicians telling lies in the 'theatre of politics' if we want to. Does that work for politicians we don't like/disagree with as well?

48 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Well, there we have it: We can make excuses for politicians telling lies in the 'theatre of politics' if we want to. Does that work for politicians we don't like/disagree with as well?

I think everyone knows by now that all politicians need a degree in deviancy, unless you live in London. Cameron turned out to be just another.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I think everyone knows by now that all politicians need a degree in deviancy, unless you live in London. Cameron turned out to be just another.  

Hello! Its the resentful anti-London team back in play.

21 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Stuck here right now with the lousy weather.

Could  be worse,  Issan has had rain for the last sixty days ,  

Live  the  dream ,  and get water proofs . 

Bttopic ,    JC  is our  only  hope , the people have spoken , the new old labour .

Edited by elliss

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/28/philip-hammond-confirms-uk-will-seek-brexit-transitional-deal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I would imagine this will be a very expensive transitional deal as the U.K. Has already shown it's cards and is bricking it as leaving the common market is economic suicide. So much for they need us more than we need them propaganda.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 7/27/2017 at 9:10 PM, rockingrobin said:

"As I see it , an MPs duties is to do what he thinks is in the best interests of the nation as an whole."

And that's where the problems start.

Should MPs represent the constituents that voted them into power, or the MP's version of "what he thinks is in the best interests of the nation as a whole"?  (Putting aside the obvious argument that MPs are mainly/only interested in increasing their own power and wealth :laugh:). 

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1