May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

11 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Britain 'is on the brink of the worst house price collapse since 1990s': Experts predict property costs could plunge by FORTY PER CENT

There are already warning signs that prices are heading towards a near 40 per cent plunge, warns Paul Cheshire, Professor of Economic Geography at the London School of Economics.

A couple of extracts

If you are sitting on a substantial mortgage in the London area I would get your property on the market post haste. 

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Sir John Harvey Jones is a hero of mine! Why don't we have so many great British Men these days?

Alex Harvey was a hero of mine. But he was a Scot.

Edited by nauseus

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

IMHO although single market and free labour mobility are incompatible in principle as far as EU rules are concerned, de jure can be modified into de facto to some extent eg transitional arrangements which are in the process of being negotiated as part of the divorce.  I believe the UK government is for example in the process of getting passed a whole range of EU laws wholesale into English law? Not at all what the forum conspiracy theory/hard brexiteers have in mind. They want there to be zero negotiations and a walk away from the table right now.

Moreover some areas present such compelling issues,eg, Euro clearing, that both parties must give.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Jurisdiction of what exactly?

Do people REALLY understand do you think?

I don't think the Brexity types understand very much when you get down to detail....

What I mean is allowing EU law precedence over UK sovereign law.

No, I doubt ordinary folk give a tinkers cuss, because in fact UK law is not so much very different, and anyway the laws of the land they come in to contact with are UK Criminal and Civil law.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

What I mean is allowing EU law precedence over UK sovereign law.

No, I doubt ordinary folk give a tinkers cuss, because in fact UK law is not so much very different, and anyway the laws of the land they come in to contact with are UK Criminal and Civil law.

I'm sure you know what you mean?

1 hour ago, pegman said:

An esteemed economist with the LSE predicts a 40% drop in property prices. There will be thousands of job loses once the E.U. financial industry leaves London which will get the ball rolling.

The EU financial industry won't leave London. The London-based financial industry will do the bare minimum legally required to comply with EU rules, the biggest actin of which will be setting up relatively-small offices in EU countries.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SheungWan said:
22 hours ago, Khun Han said:

If Corbyn does become PM, it will be no more or less than testimony to the power of globalist power brokers. If the Tory party had towed the globalist line on brexit, Corbyn would have remained a side show, bordering on freak show, subject to endless ridicule in the national press, and with no credibility outside his hardcore followers.

The freak show is the conspiracy theorists.

Thought I'd do a quick Google on this.....

From 30/07/2016: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jeremy-corbyn-media-bias-labour-party-media-reform-coalition-birkbeck-a7163706.html

From 22/05/2017: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-polling-general-election-2017-favourite-young-voters-a7749251.html

Edited by Khun Han

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

Saw them around 75 in Bournemouth.

What I was hinting at is that a Scot is a Brit. 

I can't blame a Brexiteer for not knowing that I suppose. 

Edited by mommysboy

The EU financial industry won't leave London. The London-based financial industry will do the bare minimum legally required to comply with EU rules, the biggest actin of which will be setting up relatively-small offices in EU countries.

So what will May offer in exchange for that privilege? 

1 minute ago, pegman said:

So what will May offer in exchange for that privilege? 

Sorry? Could you clarify?

20 minutes ago, Grouse said:

And therefore not British?

Oh! Alex Harvey!

Sorry 06.30am too early!

Saw them in 1973 at Van Mildert College, Durham.

Zal Clemenson on Gibson SG, bonkers!

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

h! Alex Harvey!

Sorry 06.30am too early!

Saw them in 1973 at Van Mildert College, Durham.

Zal Clemenson on Gibson SG, bonkers!

I saw them all over the place. Glad you appreciate a bit of culture, Grouse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pegman said:

If you are sitting on a substantial mortgage in the London area I would get your property on the market post haste. 

And your advice if the London mortgage is paid off? Sell and move to Cleethorpes?

cleethorpes restaurant.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Oh no!  Don't mention the 'R' word, as it only upsets the Brexiters.  And then they start calling all everyone else a snowflake.

I think Hammond is the only realist there. At least he knows it is all about the economy. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pegman said:

An esteemed economist with the LSE predicts a 40% drop in property prices. There will be thousands of job loses once the E.U. financial industry leaves London which will get the ball rolling.

But surely a drop of 40% in house prices would be a good thing for the UK, especially in and around London where house prices are astronomical. It should allow people to trade up and a knock on effect should follow.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

The piece is absolutely correct. The Brexiteers were whipped into a frenzy by the dreadful red tops over a situation which is just not true.

Now that's a lie not an over egged forecast. Do you see the difference?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But surely a drop of 40% in house prices would be a good thing for the UK, especially in and around London where house prices are astronomical. It should allow people to trade up and a knock on effect should follow.

Just not if you have just bought at the inflated price with borrowed money.

• Like 1