Bridge

Tammi

We know there are bridge clubs here in Pattaya but it's scary playing with folks who are much better. Sometimes: "Why did you play that?" they yell, faces red and eyes bulging. And the mediocre player has no idea what he played so can't answer.

Is there any group one can join in Pattaya where the above sort of thing won't happen? Where people won't get p***ed off and yell ot mutter about one to the other players? :o

We know there are bridge clubs here in Pattaya but it's scary playing with folks who are much better. Sometimes: "Why did you play that?" they yell, faces red and eyes bulging. And the mediocre player has no idea what he played so can't answer.

Is there any group one can join in Pattaya where the above sort of thing won't happen? Where people won't get p***ed off and yell ot mutter about one to the other players? :D

When I belonged to clubs a few years ago it was quite common to arrange private games at home with the ones who you found were of a similar standard and fun to play against.

If you don't have the time to do this, you could maybe just go along, watch a duplicate session or two and introduce yourself to any likely candidates in the interval.

I agree with you about the scary ones. Some people take it waaay too seriously :o

Is there any group one can join in Pattaya where the above sort of thing won't happen? Where people won't get p***ed off and yell ot mutter about one to the other players? :D

When I belonged to clubs a few years ago it was quite common to arrange private games at home with the ones who you found were of a similar standard and fun to play against.

If you don't have the time to do this, you could maybe just go along, watch a duplicate session or two and introduce yourself to any likely candidates in the interval.

I agree with you about the scary ones. Some people take it waaay too seriously :o

Yes, that's a very good idea. Thank you. Maybe there will be a chair going begging and I'll have to play and they'll be so happy to see me that they won't say a bad word! :D

Tommi, another suggestion which may help you - Get Hoyles Card Games on CD-Rom, it has a good Bridge game on it. Now to get back to my crib game on the pc

Thank you for your reply. It reminded me that I could download The American Contract Bridge League lessons, so have done so and if I can be disciplined enough to go thro' all the lessons I just might feel OK about joining a club here. Of course, I can always go online and play there for a while. I had forgotten all these options I have! But it's always better to play with 'real' people and hopefully make friends.