Brothers murdered Kanchanaburi man over 3,000 baht debt

rooster59

Brothers murdered Kanchanaburi man over 3,000 baht debt

kanach.PNG
Image: Daily News

Two brothers have been charged with murder over the death of a man in Kanchanaburi last month.

Somkhit  Phanthara, 39, was attacked with a scythe because he owed the brothers just 3,000 baht from a Ya Ba deal.

Wallop Chomcheun, 21, had arrived with his brother on a motorbike on September 23rd and been invited into the Sai Yok district house for a drink. 

But when the conversation turned to the debt an argument broke out and Somkhit was attacked.

He was nearly decapitated after he was hit in the neck four times. The assailants then stole his phone and his TV before fleeing the scene.

Wallop was taken on a reenactment on Saturday morning. The other assailant was referred to only as "Daeng", 17, who is Wallop's brother.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-23

He's pointing at the ground, case solved.

If I remember correctly last year the national police said ' no more re-enactments ' and very recently the PM the said suspects were not to be paraded in front of the media. Two supposedly very powerful men whose directives are continual ignored,.

Just now, NongKhaiKid said:

If I remember correctly last year the national police said ' no more re-enactments ' and very recently the PM the said suspects were not to be paraded in front of the media. Two supposedly very powerful men whose directives are continual ignored,.

Like these turds need to follow guidance like that. The reenactment is to get the conviction at any cost and gain face for the cops as you well know  i wondr if they're done in any other country.

What a dreadful crime and what a waste of 3 lives. 

16 minutes ago, z42 said:

Like these turds need to follow guidance like that. The reenactment is to get the conviction at any cost and gain face for the cops as you well know  i wondr if they're done in any other country.

What a dreadful crime and what a waste of 3 lives. 

I can only speak to the jurisdiction I know and where re-enactments are only done is special circumstances plus being strictly controlled starting with the media and public being kept well away.

It doesn't say much for the standing of the PM and the police chief when their orders can be simply ignored and they don't seem bothered enough to do anything about it.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

These guys are 21 and 17 ... One life taken, two lives ruined because of that wretched Yaba ... the mind boggles ...

How can so many humans have reached a point where nothing in life is of any interest to them, and they'd rather take the first deadly pill on hand, as long as it makes them feel momentarily better (or perhaps just numb), knowing full well (because everybody knows now) that it will destroy them eventually or lead them to become complete pariahs like these 2 young men ?

The problem, of course, is not just here, it's everywhere. How are countries/societies run, by whom and for whose benefit ?  If that's what they breed eventually, what is left of their legitimacy ? OK, black sheeps are inevitable, I get it, but what if black sheeps multiply and become a frightening percentage of society ? A percentage high enough to destroy itself and everyone around ? Can we just keep blaming them and refuse to question the context which produces them ?

8 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I agree

Thanks for pointing this out :coffee1:

7 hours ago, Yann55 said:

These guys are 21 and 17 ... One life taken, two lives ruined because of that wretched Yaba ... the mind boggles ...

How can so many humans have reached a point where nothing in life is of any interest to them, and they'd rather take the first deadly pill on hand, as long as it makes them feel momentarily better (or perhaps just numb), knowing full well (because everybody knows now) that it will destroy them eventually or lead them to become complete pariahs like these 2 young men ?

The problem, of course, is not just here, it's everywhere. How are countries/societies run, by whom and for whose benefit ?  If that's what they breed eventually, what is left of their legitimacy ? OK, black sheeps are inevitable, I get it, but what if black sheeps multiply and become a frightening percentage of society ? A percentage high enough to destroy itself and everyone around ? Can we just keep blaming them and refuse to question the context which produces them ?

I think the loss of life and liberty is caused by the 3,000 baht debt.  I know the deal was over the drug but many Thai men die due to owing money.  Thailand is a very violent society with volatile people and a very inefficient corrupt police force.  Put that all in the mix and the result is not surprising, sadly.

On October 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM, RichardColeman said:

I wonder if they were arrested first for overloading a motorbike with two passengers AND a t.v. 

No the limit is family of six and all their furnishings, one helmet ok. no lights ok.