Cold Wave To Grip 54 Northern, Northeast Provinces Into February

george

I have seen cold, and thailand does not have it. it doesn't even really get into the range of 'uncomfortably sub luke-warm'.

Either we disagree that temps that go down to near 0 degrees C (32 F) are uncomfortable when there is neither heating nor insulation in a home or we disagree that you have seen much of Thailand at least in the north during the month of December.

...until you start commuting to work on a bike at 120 kph...

...at that speed, you'll soon commute to one of two mystical places of eternal consequence, from which there is no return commute. The weather is considerably warmer in one of those final destinations. :o

Edited by toptuan

...until you start commuting to work on a bike at 120 kph...

...at that speed, you'll soon commute to one of two mystical places of eternal consequence, from which there is no return commute. The weather is considerably warmer in one of those final destinations. :o

Now that is a funny post!!

This is my first "winter" in Thailand and I am looking forward to more days like today in Korat. It is surely the most pleasant it has been since my arrival. I am sat in my hammock in shorts and vest and not even so much as a fan required to keep resonably dry. it is just lovely and after a quick blast the mall I shall spend the rest of the day here with a good book and my lap top...

Long live the Thai winter. I don't even miss snowboarding right now!!

Cold wave to grip 54 Northern, Northeast provinces into February

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department warned that 54 provinces will be hit by the cold snap until February 2007 while it plans to allocate a budget of Bt31 million to provide warm clothes and blankets to affected people.

Anucha Mokhaves, Director-General of the Department said a strong high pressure system from China will sweep through Thailand's northern tier during December and January, and on into February. The cold spell will hit the north and the northeast, and is expected to grip both regions in frigid weather.

The department forecast that cold snap will affect some four million people in 54 provinces.

According to the report, until earlier this week, only nine provinces experienced the cold wave. The authorities estimated that as many as 156,000 persons in Chiang Mai, Phayao, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Sukhothai, Uttaradit, Khon Kaen, and Nong Bua Lam Phu have been affected by the cold weather.

The department set aside the budget of Bt31 million to supply people affected by the cold snap with warm clothing and blankets.

Any province severely affected by the cold wave can request for advance payment of Bt300,000. The department has an overall budget of Bt50 million to assist any province that needs additional advance payment.

--TNA 2006-11-30

Well, if it reaches the low of 8 centigrade which we experienced on Dec 28th 2005 at around midnight, I will be surprised.