Fining Yingluck For Rice Subsidy In 'Grey Area,' Critic Of Policy Says

webfact

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Considering that she was sentenced before she has even been convicted in the court , says a lot about the fairness of this case 

Its a lot fairer then letting the statute of limitations run its course.. now this will come to trial and there is no escaping it the easy way. I get sick and tired of court cases in Thailand stretching for decades and then statute of limitations running out. Or even worse being one of the co defendants in a trial for billions in loans and not being able to get a conviction because the criminal is not in Thailand (by choice) while all the henchmen do considerable time the main culprit (Thaksin) escapes because he is out of the country. (that is the true reason why he wont come home.. too many real cases where he would have been found guilty are waiting for him).

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rorri said:

You like in a dream world. The " corrupt,"  have not yet been "stripped" of their assets, some have passed a law forbidding any such acts. As for the "shinclan", well they have simply been replaced by the cha cha clan. People really need to get over this Shinawatra hatered, move on.

Yeah, why should people hate bloated parasites stealing from those with almost nothing? It's just business, right?

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

Yeah, why should people hate bloated parasites stealing from those with almost nothing? It's just business, right?

Yes , especially when bloated parasites continue to steal from the poor under a  different name . 

Same same but different . 

When will people figure that out ? ??

11 hours ago, sujoop said:

Please do  not add insult to injury by calling the poor people in Issan 'bozos'. Thaksin knowingly used/deceived  these folks  in order to add to the Shin clans multi-billions. At the least there needs to be massive paid skills re-training programs (solar, barber, mechanic, nails, beauty, welder, tech,  etc) . Give these folks a REAL chance at an improved future. The 8 Billion USD lost in the rice scam  would have done it many times over and changed many lives for the better forever (instead of lining a criminal and cronies pockets).

There was no insult intended.  I've spent a lot of time in Issan and like the "those people" best of people I've met in Thailand.  I think anyone that defends crooks that screwed them wether they are Americans or Thais bozos.  Thanks for your opinion.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

And what is wrong with Prayut having to cough up money if some of his policies are as rotten as the rice program ?. If anything this is a good precedent making sure that politicians can't do what they wan't without any risk if they severely messed up. 

It would all make them a bit more careful with the taxpayers money as they should. 

Are you always so funny early inthe morning. Getting Prayut to cough up money for bad policies must be the best comedy line I heard. He threatened anyone who dare question him and warned media that he has the power to execute reporters. He armed himself with the highest law and hauled in those who dare express their opinions. He should start coughing out big time money for the financial losses due to the coup. But we know that is wishful thinking and all rest of military corruptions. 

I'm all for going after corrupt people, if they profit at the expense of the nation then YES they should be made to pay up.

Question,  Has any other PM/junta leader before YL been heal financially accountable for a failed policy? 

Answer NO!!!!!

So the junta are trying to set a president, Then let them also bee accountable for any loss to the country for a bad/failed policy.

Fact,   Rice can be stored indefinitely and dose not spoil if stored properly with the exception of brown rice.

Rotten Rice,  If a contract was made for storage of rice and the stored rice goes' bad then that would be the fault of the storage company not the people that contracted the storage of the rice.

Rice that went missing or was not counted by rice millers and storage company's is clear corruption and must be punished.

Has there been a rice subsidy prior to the YL rice subsidy that lost money?  YES, was that PM made to pay for that poor/failed policy? NO!!!

Police stations that were never built that cost Millions and Millions of Baht, a policy that went bad/failed, Who is responsible? Is that person being made to pay for the bad/failed policy?

Protesters on the street,, the YL government, let them be they have a right to protest. 

Now the government of Mark Suthep and Military,,,    Shoot them.

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Are you always so funny early inthe morning. Getting Prayut to cough up money for bad policies must be the best comedy line I heard. He threatened anyone who dare question him and warned media that he has the power to execute reporters. He armed himself with the highest law and hauled in those who dare express their opinions. He should start coughing out big time money for the financial losses due to the coup. But we know that is wishful thinking and all rest of military corruptions. 

Its good that I make you laugh. but you take my posts out of context.. the poster I replied to started about Prayut having to pay.. not me. I merely said that it would be ok if he had to pay. Anyone messing up as badly as YL and wasting so much money should be held responsible. Do remember this money was not budgetted and was touted as free of cost and self financing. Even when the world bank and others said it was not so.. even when figures came out it was costing loads of money YL kept telling everyone it was self financing and needed no money. (gross negligence / incompetence / willful deceit )

But again.. if other politicians on the side I like better befall the faith of YL I will only applaud because anyone wasting such an amount of taxpayers money should be punished. 

24 minutes ago, joeyg said:

There was no insult intended.  I've spent a lot of time in Issan and like the "those people" best of people I've met in Thailand.  I think anyone that defends crooks that screwed them wether they are Americans or Thais bozos.  Thanks for your opinion.

By your statement, I am sure that you will agree that the biggest crooks are the Establishment in Bangkok who are screwing Issan with their highly disproportionate budget expenditures. Even the World Bank had a this to say about an overly concentration of expenditures in Bangkok and an inefficient budget distribution between Bangkok and Issan which has the highest poverty rate and also the most populous province. Like him or not, Thaksin tenure saw household income rose and poverty rate fell. Is there a conspiracy to hold back Issan developement which now has the highest GDP of all regions including Bangkok even without much less budget allocation than Bangkok?

14 hours ago, sujoop said:

Defending the Shins is almost like a fulltime 'job' for some it seems...

Actually, there are 853 cases of corruption in the rice scam/scheme and all done under the watch of the head of the program 'Ms Yingluck who was accused of turning a blind eye' (willfully). The Shins are actually lucky, the state is down est 8 billion USD and they're only being docked 1 billion USD - and in a pyriamd could still be well ahead. Meanwhile, the poorest farmers weren't even part of the program. The program was a fraud from the outset.

I am least concern if criminal collusion was found. I am voicing out for a fair and non-partisan manner by which the government is dispensing justice. If you think the rice scheme was the largest mismanagement of public money, then you should have something to say about Ahbisit's Thai Khem Khaeg populist policies. His cabinet approved a 1.4 Trillion package that spiked up Thailand GDP debt ratio. Equally he was warned by BOT and others that his policies were riddled with corruptions. Yet I would not dare put blame on him unless there are evidence of criminal collusion. The next PT government didnt even contemplate to charge Ahbisit. However this government seem to conveniently ignoring the Thai Khem Khaeng money losing policies and corruption but go after Yingluck even when there are so many grey areas. That is gross double standard. 

2 hours ago, halloween said:

I think you just made his point.  

"It's not personal. It's strictly business."  - Michael Corleone

I live in an Issan village, before Taksin the roads were dirt ,there was no water system. Now we have concrete  , a good village well and water all day. We also have street lights and a rice mill, don't have to take the rice to the greedy Chinese owned mill . We also have three phase power. All these are much appreciated things especially being able to turn on the tap 24 hrs a day and get  clean water. Sure everybody loves Taksin because nobody has helped the villages before and definitely not after.

It is breathtaking to witness the depths some will stoop to defend and deflect for the multi-billionaire Shin clan. Indicative of tacit approval as they use the poor to enrich themselves. But as Yingluck stated 'we came from election' thus, can seemingly do whatever they wish (and apparently this is their supporters sole standard for 'democracy'). Now Thailand is getting a hard re-set which unfortunately became highly necessary lest they ended up with a Suharto, Marcos or Hun Sen type dynasty with subverted, controlled, or neutered checks and balances ala the mega-thieving Shins.

Upcoming once again expect more and bigger 'BOOMS' before or when their coffers get deducted the 1 billion. The past has shown the Shins can do whatever they wish with the people's money but touch their ill gotten gains (or prevent them from getting more) and look out... A clear indication would be if the Shin sibs and connected Wongsamat of Beverly Hills clan (+Chalerm) all go on sudden spontaneous overseas shopping trips again, whilst Thaksin beseeches his poor supporters to 'Bring YOUR children to protest' (for him).

Thaksin speaks, Yingluck does and did indeed. Here we are and Thaksin only has to look in the mirror to find who to blame (but like his foreign supporters, that will never occur, rather deflect, defend, blame elsewhere ad nauseum).

Edited by sujoop
format

21 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

I live in an Issan village, before Taksin the roads were dirt ,there was no water system. Now we have concrete  , a good village well and water all day. We also have street lights and a rice mill, don't have to take the rice to the greedy Chinese owned mill . We also have three phase power. All these are much appreciated things especially being able to turn on the tap 24 hrs a day and get  clean water. Sure everybody loves Taksin because nobody has helped the villages before and definitely not after.

That is a lot of bull.. if you followed the news the Junta topped up the village funds with 35 billion.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cabinet-nods-35-billion-baht-village-fund-project/

Edited by robblok

2 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

I'm all for going after corrupt people, if they profit at the expense of the nation then YES they should be made to pay up.

Question,  Has any other PM/junta leader before YL been heal financially accountable for a failed policy? 

Answer NO!!!!!

So the junta are trying to set a president, Then let them also bee accountable for any loss to the country for a bad/failed policy.

Fact,   Rice can be stored indefinitely and dose not spoil if stored properly with the exception of brown rice.

Rotten Rice,  If a contract was made for storage of rice and the stored rice goes' bad then that would be the fault of the storage company not the people that contracted the storage of the rice.

Rice that went missing or was not counted by rice millers and storage company's is clear corruption and must be punished.

Has there been a rice subsidy prior to the YL rice subsidy that lost money?  YES, was that PM made to pay for that poor/failed policy? NO!!!

Police stations that were never built that cost Millions and Millions of Baht, a policy that went bad/failed, Who is responsible? Is that person being made to pay for the bad/failed policy?

Protesters on the street,, the YL government, let them be they have a right to protest. 

Now the government of Mark Suthep and Military,,,    Shoot them.

FACT " Hermetically sealed in the absence of oxygen, plan on a storage life for white rice of 8-10 years at a stable temperature of 70 degrees F. https://www.usaemergencysupply.com/information-center/self-reliance/storage-life-of-dry-foods#link7

Know of any Thai rice storage facilities that approach that ideal?

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

Article 44 is a powerful thing.  No need for courts just have one man in Prayuth who has a personal grudge wave it.  Prayuth had better pray that he never loses power or else retribution is going to sting like hell and he will be in a great deal of hurt.  Politics Thai style, don't worry about the country just go after the opposition and it does matter who is in power.  If politicians could put away thier personal grievances the country might move forward.

But he has given himself a gold standard amnesty, past, present, and future, how strong this is, i have no idea, can it overidden? 

14 minutes ago, halloween said:

You are astounded by your own imagination. Nobody believes your silly claim, but many recognise the problems he has caused since he decided to enrich himself through politics.

Denying the truth doesn't change the facts and history. 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Its good that I make you laugh. but you take my posts out of context.. the poster I replied to started about Prayut having to pay.. not me. I merely said that it would be ok if he had to pay. Anyone messing up as badly as YL and wasting so much money should be held responsible. Do remember this money was not budgetted and was touted as free of cost and self financing. Even when the world bank and others said it was not so.. even when figures came out it was costing loads of money YL kept telling everyone it was self financing and needed no money. (gross negligence / incompetence / willful deceit )

But again.. if other politicians on the side I like better befall the faith of YL I will only applaud because anyone wasting such an amount of taxpayers money should be punished. 

Rob I think you are obsessed with reality.  Me too... :smile:

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

I have only been here for the last two. On both occasions I saw a government more intent on illegally enriching themselves and keeping power removed from office. Not being willing to overlook criminal actions just because the criminals were elected, I applauded both. The only real regret I have was that Thaksin wasn't incarcerated without bail.

From "your lips to God's ear."  However just like the US and other countries, when you get that "big", "you're to big to fail." YL I believe will walk too.  Everyone's got their price, especially politicians.  Who knows maybe she be offered as a "sacrificial lamb." If they can't strike a deal.  

Pretty cut and dry, if you are in charge, you are responsible ! If you listen to the wrong people, you are still responsible !

This was a political scheme to the farmers to vote their way,, under the guise of helping them.

Corruption is a Cancer, not a head cold, as one short time PM called !

It is OK to feel sorry for her, what about the Country she sworn to govern ?

17 minutes ago, halloween said:

Agreed, so stop the silly claims and the red version of history.

Reds are recent while history dates back further. Trust you know the difference. Oh, history and facts are not claims. Trust you know that difference too.

39 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

Pretty cut and dry, if you are in charge, you are responsible ! If you listen to the wrong people, you are still responsible !

This was a political scheme to the farmers to vote their way,, under the guise of helping them.

Corruption is a Cancer, not a head cold, as one short time PM called !

It is OK to feel sorry for her, what about the Country she sworn to govern ?

Common sense and well stated. Might add to:
'This was a political scheme to the farmers to vote their way,, under the guise of helping them' (and instead helping themselves and cronies)

There is a civil liability law which is designed to protect state officials against liability * unless they were found to have deliberately violated the laws * or to be found in gross negligence of duty. Yingluck's constant ignoring of multiple warnings about  the scheme/scam counts as 'gross negligence of duty' full stop.

To all the usual 'hard at work' suspects defending and deflecting for the multibillionaire thieving Shins, it isn't about 'Elites' (like the Shins/Wongsamats/Chalerms/Plodprasops etc etc;) it is about MASS CORRUPTION and ABROGATION, SUBVERSION, MANIPULATION of all CHECKS and BALANCES which form the underpinnings of democracy. This is what caused the Coup and the previous one. The same man was instrumental in both unfortunately necessary downfalls, your hero Thaksin (who would probably laugh at your naivety). Again, Yingluck's constant ignoring of multiple warnings about  the scheme/scam counts as 'gross negligence of duty' full stop. Nawt to do with coups nor anything else no matter your constant spins.

Edited by sujoop
format

1 minute ago, sujoop said:

'This was a political scheme to the farmers to vote their way,, under the guise of helping them' (and instead helping themselves and cronies)

There is a civil liability law which is designed to protect state officials against liability * unless they were found to have deliberately violated the laws * or to be found in gross negligence of duty. Yingluck's constant ignoring of multiple warnings about  the scheme/scam counts as 'gross negligence of duty' full stop.

To all the usual 'hard at work' suspects defending and deflecting for the multibillionaire thieving Shins, it isn't about 'Elites' (like the Shins/Wongsamats/Chalerms/Plodprasops etc etc;) it is about MASS CORRUPTION and ABROGATION, SUBVERSION, MANIPULATION of all CHECKS and BALANCES which form the underpinnings of democracy. This is what caused the Coup and the previous one. The same many was instrumental in both unfortunately necessary downfalls, your hero Thaksin (who would probably laugh at your naivety). Again, Yingluck's constant ignoring of multiple warnings about  the scheme/scam counts as 'gross negligence of duty' full stop. Nawt to do with coups nor anything else no matter your constant spins.

I'd say, Point, Match!!! IMHO.

Just now, joeyg said:

Hummm interesting.  I hadn't thought about it that way.  However isn't the disparity in Issan unfair?  I mean more can be done to equitably help the people in the North.  Can't it?

What I mean is if your paying a lot of income tax and other taxes.. more can be spend on you too.. Also the better the infrastructure at economical hearts is the more money it generates. I would always invest there where it makes more money. However more could be done to help people in the north but to look at it per capita is unfair. 

For instance if road tax collected in BKK is spend in Isarn that would be totally unfair. If people are paying for something let them have it too.. don't let them pay for others. If a shopping center makes tons of money in local taxes.. do you think those taxes should be send to the north or spend around that shopping center to improve it there ?

I always hear people moaning about the north and other places... do remember they don't pay much tax into the system either. Should Chang Mai their taxes spend in Isarn.. or in Chang Mai ?

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Please take into account also the money made per capita in BKK not only spend.. its only logical that where most money is made most money is spend. Per capita is a stupid statistical lie. 

So you advocate government that keeps money where the money is and poverty where the poverty is.  Not everyone agrees with you. http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/thailand/overview  

There is also the question of how those people in Bangkok got so rich.  Do you think it would have happened without the provinces?

9 minutes ago, sujoop said:

To all the usual 'hard at work' suspects defending and deflecting for the multibillionaire thieving Shins, it isn't about 'Elites' (like the Shins/Wongsamats/Chalerms/Plodprasops etc etc;) it is about MASS CORRUPTION and ABROGATION, SUBVERSION, MANIPULATION of all CHECKS and BALANCES which form the underpinnings of democracy. This is what caused the Coup and the previous one. The same man was instrumental in both unfortunately necessary downfalls, your hero Thaksin (who would probably laugh at your naivety). Again, Yingluck's constant ignoring of multiple warnings about  the scheme/scam counts as 'gross negligence of duty' full stop. Nawt to do with coups nor anything else no matter your constant spins.

" it is about MASS CORRUPTION and ABROGATION, SUBVERSION, MANIPULATION of all CHECKS and BALANCES which form the underpinnings of democracy."

Funny.  Do you think those things don't occur under the junta?   I'll give you the same reference I gave Halloween:   http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/

Although to be fair, there is no manipulation of checks and balances under the junta, since there are no checks and balances.