Steven Seagal in Bangkok to pay tribute to late King Bhumibol

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

You Thai Visa superstars can criticize and mock him all you want it will not change the fact that  he will always be cooler than any of you. I enjoy his films and  TV series he is a real policeman in the States.

Yep I saw the reality series based on that. 

It was more laughable than any of his atrocious, cliche ridden, straight to DVD bargain bin movies. 

5 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

You Thai Visa superstars can criticize and mock him all you want it will not change the fact that  he will always be cooler than any of you. I enjoy his films and  TV series he is a real policeman in the States.

Saying a ' real ' policeman is a stretch, isn't he a volunteer in his home area and that doesn't make him real ?

Real police officers do it as their full time job

Most Thais probably don't recognize him and wouldn't if his picture hadn't been in the media. They'd just say farang when he walks by. Pesonally I don't like the guy. He is on the same level as Chuck Norris for me. Just two white guys in Asian clothes in the end.

7 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Are you one of those Tourist Volunteer Police?

4 hours ago, dripdrop said:

wow,  I cant believe all these negative and sarcastic comments about him being fat etc...

No neither can, judging by some of 8 month pregnant looking Westerners walking around Thailand some folk have got some cheek :coffee1:

8 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Don't real policemen do real police work full time? He could be a self promoting part timer, but pleeease don't use the word "real".

Yes!  He is Sergeant Sloth NYPD.  

Edited by alex8912

:stoner: Ha ha ha, thank you for the morning entertainment Sakeopete.  

11 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Steven who?

Agree "Steven who", never heard of him because movies don't count in my life  BUT;  I "loved" my adopted King and all the positive things he has done.

Edited by Jing Joe
Its hard to comprehend the negativity of all the "fat Steven" type comments in this probably first opportinity for us all on TVisa to express mourning for the King. A lifetime of dedication to LOS overshadowed by temporary filmstar fame. C'mon folks.

9 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Oh I see. Acting is just a side job for him. That explains why I've never been able to watch any of his movies for more that 5 minutes. Is he a beat cop and what city does he work in?

Wow, what a weird mob. The guy came to Thailand and, in doing so, met with the PM and then paid his respects to the late King.  Seems like a decent thing to do this but look at the responses. What does some one have to do and who does one have to be to receive praise instead of being criticised by the usual suspects?  :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

11 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Oh I see. Acting is just a side job for him. That explains why I've never been able to watch any of his movies for more that 5 minutes. Is he a beat cop and what city does he work in?

He's a Deputy Sheriff in Hudspeth County, Texas, and has been since somewhere around 2011.

He is a volunteer police office in Louisiana.  He did a TV series about it. He is also a real Aikido Master or Grand Master. The real deal. He just happens to make horrible movies. 

Also by the looks of things he spends a fair bit of time in Rajas tailor shop.

9 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Don't forget actior

I can't believe all the bu##sh#t replies on this thread. The man came to Thailand to pay his respect and condolances to the late King and the country and  all you guys can do is spout your BS. Are you that jealous of him that all you can do is shoot your mouth off like jealous idiots.. 

12 minutes ago, Gudge said:

I can't believe all the bu##sh#t replies on this thread. The man came to Thailand to pay his respect and condolances to the late King and the country and  all you guys can do is spout your BS. Are you that jealous of him that all you can do is shoot your mouth off like jealous idiots.. 

No one is impugning his motives, just his talent.

8 minutes ago, Gudge said:

I don't think too many members are jealous of this particular American movie star ( actor would be a stretch). There would probably be less negative comments if Mr Seagal was slightly more modest and less over-inflated with his own sense of self importance.

The man is a caricature but no doubt his condolences are genuine. His respect for the late King is not in question, but he is here to make a commercial movie, albeit not exactly a blockbuster..

I wonder what the reaction would be if great actors from the USA, like  Pacino or De Niro had shown up?