2017 New SUVs Looking Good

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

Maybe the issue is that Honda don't use a diesel in any other Thai built vehicle and it probably makes more economic sense to share an engine across a number of vehicles?

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

The 2 litre option I think is used only in the crv  (the1.8 in civic and hrv) and the 2.4 maybe similarly unless in the accord so I think it's more to do with thailand being dumping ground for cheaper old engines. There's a very good Diesel engine which would be better than the 1.8 old petrol and also used in crv abroad so that unit would have multiple uses,thus reinforcing my hypothesis.

On 10/28/2016 at 9:04 AM, IAMHERE said:

My Honda CR-V is fully automatic but does have a 1st gear only along with a 1st&2nd gear only selection, also you can use the overdrive option or not. Best auto I've ever had and mine is a 2003 model. Will buy new one this year. The AWD only activates when it is needed other wise it is a front wheel drive.

Might want to wait...an all new model is due sometime next year, with major safety kit upgrades, new infortainment system, and maybe a new turbo engine option. There is also a "special edition" of the current model on offer right now...but seems to be cosmetics to the exterior and some bits from the top-line model, like HID headlamps, at a knockdown price.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

8 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Might want to wait...an all new model is due sometime next year, with major safety kit upgrades, new infortainment system, and maybe a new turbo engine option. There is also a "special edition" of the current model on offer right now...but seems to be cosmetics to the exterior and some bits from the top-line model, like HID headlamps, at a knockdown price.

Thanks, I can wait a bit. The CRV sits in a garage 8months a year, main problem is country mice set up home in the glove box and air cleaner box. Using moth balls to hopefully keep them out this year.

• 3 weeks later...

With intent to buy, I tested the Pajero, Fortuna, Everest and just for fun, the Isuzu.  They were all pants so I kept my 2007 CR-V.

Unless absolutely necessary, I'll never buy one of these vehicles again.  Horses for courses, I guess!