What type of Non Imm visa can I apply for?

Hi,I hope someone can help me with regard to applying for retirement extension in CW in Bkk.

I have over 800 k in my bank for about 9 mths and at the moment I have Tourist visa but I want to convert to non immigrant visa.But I am confused as to what non imm visa I can apply for?I have no wife or dependents here,no owned property(I have been renting for 6 yrs),no work permit so which non imm visa is applicable to me?

I have friends who paid an agent over 30k baht to sort it out but I think that is too expensive.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

If you are 50 or over you would apply for a non immigrant visa (catagory O) based upon qualifying for an extension of stay for retirement. The fee is 2000 baht. You would need at least 15 days left on your 60 day from the tourist visa or the 30 day extension of it.

You would use this form to do a change of visa status. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm86.pdf

You will need a letter from your bank and copies of your undated bank book on the date you apply. Most major banks have branches on the ground floor of CW immigration.

Then during the last 45 days of the 90 day entry you will get from the visa you would apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement. (1900 baht fee).

Regarding the time period for the application of the one year extension of stay having already obtained the 90 day extension. The time period of 45 days is widely quoted and was mentioned to me at Chang Wattana. Is there a minimum time period you need to make the application?

42 minutes ago, bertiebee said:

Regarding the time period for the application of the one year extension of stay having already obtained the 90 day extension. The time period of 45 days is widely quoted and was mentioned to me at Chang Wattana. Is there a minimum time period you need to make the application?

There is no minimum number of days before the 90 days ends.

Best to do it at least a week before in case you have a problem getting the extension done.