Thai youths dig up dog corpses to eat - then find out the animals had rabies

webfact

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Hunger?

If they were black they have magical properties. When my black Great Dane died, i had a group of 5 youths come round to ask if they could have the body to eat, when i said i had already buried him in the back garden they said that was no problem, it was however a problem for me. the primitives were quite upset when i refused.

1 hour ago, Toknarok said:

After destroying the dogs and cutting off their heads the corpses should have been incinerated, not simply buried where other dogs, foxes or other animals (including humans) could dig them up. Sheer laziness.

Maybe the local hospital told them to do this. This way they can get repeat business.

46 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

McDonald's far and few between in Isaan and non-existent in villages away from a main city...too expensive for villagers...

up up there last week...Kansas 100 hundred years ago?

And where do you think McDonald's gets it hamburger meat? :whistling:

After destroying the dogs and cutting off their heads the corpses should have been incinerated, not simply buried where other dogs, foxes or other animals (including humans) could dig them up. Sheer laziness.

true. most villagers would incinerate the animals, as a funeral. 

I wonder how they cut the heads off. Is there a tool for that? Don't vets usually give drugs to animals to euthanize? I guess lopping off the heads is cheaper. 

Are there no depths with which these so well educated young males will descend to. Amazing that after I would guess approximately 8-10 years of education they learnt nothing. What is worse than that , is they have obviously received Zero Guidance form their parents either.

Am,azing Thailand !!!!

46 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

According to the results of a recent survey of dogs in Bangkok, around half may be infected

"Excuse me sir, I'm conducting a survey and would like to ask you if you have rabies?"

WOOF!

"Hmm I'll mark that down as yes."

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought that as long as you didn't eat the brains or organs from an infected animal (or meat from around the bite area where infection entered body) and cooked the meat thoroughly you were ok to eat infected animals. 

Eating them raw or preparing the meat can be more dangerous though. 

I'm no expert however so I'm probably wrong  

Chow down and give us a full report.

12 minutes ago, Minnehaha said:

true. most villagers would incinerate the animals, as a funeral. 

I wonder how they cut the heads off. Is there a tool for that? Don't vets usually give drugs to animals to euthanize? I guess lopping off the heads is cheaper. 

Is there a special tool for that ?

Im not 100% sure but I thought I saw a special "dog decapator tool " in the pet food section at Tesco. 

Not laziness They didn't have the brains they needed.

I'm confused...

Did they cut off the heads of the youths, who then having lost their precious two cells of grey matter, were purely instinct driven and ate some dogs?

Is eating such sick, headless and very dead and buried animals standard operational procedure in those parts?

Is Thailand now formally elevated to "developed", and no longer "third world", due to the ingenuity of its modern go getters?

58 minutes ago, DavidB4 said:

Darwin Award shoe-ins!

Darwin Awards go to people who manage to kill themselves thus removing them from the gene pool. These guys merely caused inconvenience to the hospital and shame to their parents..

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Yes who eats a dig up dog when he can easy find one along the road?

When i smell a rotting carcass at a U-turn i always search for the body and call my family from upcountry. They bring namplick and we all feast on it.

Countryboys learn great things from their parents...why work if you can have free meat?:partytime2:

Yuk!!!!!

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

"....where other dogs, foxes or other animals..."

The only foxes in Thailand are in cities like Pattaya..;)

Not true. I have seen them up North and I know what a fox looks like - I used to shoot them.

Oh no..... Rabies....  The one disease that makes you act like a zombie for a while...shuffling around, foaming at the mouth making groaning, growling, breathing difficulty noises, trying to attack and bite other people.... and then you die..    

What fools...  Hope they got their shots in time before symptoms started to show...... because once symptoms appear... it's too late.