Towing a boat

Richem

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how many of you guys living over in Thailand own a boat and secondly tow it on a boat trailer behind your vehicle. If you do can you let me know what type of boat/yacht your towing and how often you have issues with the police.

Cheers.

My neighbor has a outboard boat in his driveway....Never been used as you can't go boating in lakes here, unlike back home.....

Every once in awhile I see him showing it to another farang trying to sell it......

He might as well put it in his garden & make a planter out of it.....

We are not anywhere near saltwater but I've never seen a farangs beaching a boat anywhere when down that way.....

Saltwater might be the only possible option....

Some also advise it takes a special license to tow as it puts you into a competing job category....

Others seem to think they can tow equipment they use at their farms & it's ok....

Might be highway versus a rural thing....

19 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

My neighbor has a outboard boat in his driveway....Never been used as you can't go boating in lakes here, unlike back home.....

Every once in awhile I see him showing it to another farang trying to sell it......

He might as well put it in his garden & make a planter out of it.....

We are not anywhere near saltwater but I've never seen a farangs beaching a boat anywhere when down that way.....

Saltwater might be the only possible option....

Thanks for your help. I was thinking more around the Sattahip and Rayong areas (South of Pattaya).

26 minutes ago, Richem said:

Thanks for your help. I was thinking more around the Sattahip and Rayong areas (South of Pattaya).

Somewhere down that way they've just told a bunch of boat owners to re-berth/relocate/clear out their boats....It was a T-Visa news story......Can't find the link - was on FB....

On 28/10/2016 at 6:16 PM, pgrahmm said:

Somewhere down that way they've just told a bunch of boat owners to re-berth/relocate/clear out their boats....It was a T-Visa news story......Can't find the link - was on FB....

Thanks