Regular TV, radio programming may resume on November 18

webfact

Regular TV, radio programming may resume on November 18
By  WATCHIRANONT THONGTEP

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- NORMAL radio and television programmes are expected to return on November 18, according to the latest meeting of the broadcasting regulator and executives from free-to-air TV stations.

The resumption of normal programming with commercials will follow the conclusion of the 30-day mourning period for the media industry after the death of His Majesty the King.

The request to resume normal programming was raised yesterday by representatives from digital terrestrial TV broadcasters. 

In response to the request, Natee Sukonrat, chairman of the broadcasting committee at the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, said he would raise the matter for consideration at a meeting on Monday. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/etc/30298528

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-28

Friendly reminder

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Forum Rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

//Admin

2 hours ago, webfact said:

2 hours ago, webfact said:

NORMAL radio and television programmes are expected to return on November 18, according to the latest meeting of the broadcasting regulator and executives from free-to-air TV

Boo, hiss, no, no, no...please not regular programmes.

My life does not need bells and whistles to let me know something funny has allegedly happened. 

Mind, I could just switch the tv off...

Edited by Bluespunk

Is the government offering to pay compensation to the many companies and individuals adversely affected by this? Live band are not paid a lot... How are they surviving, banned from working for more than a month...?

1 hour ago, silverhawk_usa said:

I appreciate being able to watch my ''paid'' channels which all seem back to normal (TrueVision).  

Well yes, apart from BBC World News bulletins that contain items about Thailand.

As soon as a Thailand item comes on, they switch to a caption something like "normal service will be resumed as soon as possible". This is an action, as self confessed, by True Vision, nothing to do with the government.

Cannot see the reasoning behind interrupting my golf on the golf channel at least a couple of times every day it is on. It is replaced with the arrival of dignatories to the temple in a stream of cars and finishes (usually with a break in between) with them all going back again in a fleet of primarily posh red cars. I think it may be the same with the tennis channel.

Edited by lucky11

7 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Cannot see the reasoning behind interrupting my golf on the golf channel at least a couple of times every day it is on. It is replaced with the arrival of dignatories to the temple in a stream of cars and finishes (usually with a break in between) with them all going back again in a fleet of primarily posh red cars. I think it may be the same with the tennis channel.

It's the same with all the TrueSports channels, but Fox Sports and Bein are unaffected.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

It's the same with all the TrueSports channels, but Fox Sports and Bein are unaffected.

Yes, I just do not understand why they do this to primarily farang channels - I cant imagine too many Thai's will watch the European tour. Apart from those like Prom Meesawat, Thongchai Jaidee and some of the other Thai golfers on the tour. I find it rather annoying seeing the same old same old coverage which just seems to start when things get interesting!! Happy that this weeks tournament is on another channel that isn't affected.