Immigration Priority Lane Request Form

davehowden

4 minutes ago, NancyL said:

It's not clear where this form is to be submitted or if it can be submitted on-line or via fax.

I guess not, because there is no place for contact details for the person making the request.  

Frankly I wonder if CMI even know about it!!!

I don't know.  I'm trying to secure an invitation to go out to Imm. Prom to interview the supervisor of this function to report in CEC e-newsletter.  My 90 day report is due in mid-November so I can go then without an invitation and at least observe, but I don't know how many questions I can ask without raising hackles again.

This Priority Lane was announced by Chiang Mai Immigration at the "Long Stay Challenges" meeting at the Empress Hotel last Friday.  It's suppose to be an enhancement that overcomes of the objection that their practices create abuse of the elderly and handicapped.  So, rather than fixing the overriding problem by re-instating a working on-line reservation queue with sufficient appointment slots and having sufficient officers processing retirement extensions instead of just one, they've created this "Priority Lane", with fuzzy details about execution as something to hold up as a "solution" to the problem.

As disclosed at the meeting, this "Priority Lane" is suppose to be available to people who meet ANY of the following criteria:

• over age 70
  • disabled person
  • emergency situation
  • special situation

Of course, almost everyone in the retirement extension queue would meet one of those criteria!

There is a nice little 'priority' section on the third floor more more or less above the main immigration office at Promenada. As many staff as customers when I visited - scoot in, scoot out. Retirement renewal took about 10 minutes.

22 minutes ago, NancyL said:

This Priority Lane was announced by Chiang Mai Immigration at the "Long Stay Challenges" meeting at the Empress Hotel last Friday.  It's suppose to be an enhancement that overcomes of the objection that their practices create abuse of the elderly and handicapped.  So, rather than fixing the overriding problem by re-instating a working on-line reservation queue with sufficient appointment slots and having sufficient officers processing retirement extensions instead of just one, they've created this "Priority Lane", with fuzzy details about execution as something to hold up as a "solution" to the problem.

As disclosed at the meeting, this "Priority Lane" is suppose to be available to people who meet ANY of the following criteria:

• over age 70
  • disabled person
  • emergency situation
  • special situation

Of course, almost everyone in the retirement extension queue would meet one of those criteria!

As mentioned before this should cut the usual  "retirement" queue by about 90%!

Saan, how did you get "invited" to the 3 rd floor office? My disabled friend used them in September but that was a photo shoot opportunity for the senior officials.

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

As mentioned before this should cut the usual  "retirement" queue by about 90%!

Saan, how did you get "invited" to the 3 rd floor office? My disabled friend used them in September but that was a photo shoot opportunity for the senior officials.

Thailand, as I recall, your friend did indeed met the "criteria", didn't he?  

• 10 months later...

A lot of negative speculation here but for a change now some facts:

1.  I went for renewal, 90 day report and new Re-Entry about two months ago.  When offering paperwork to the ladies outside for checking I inquired about the priority service.  The lady checked my age, gave me a form or two to complete a few lines and sign. Then after checking my documents she took me in and said they would do the renewal of retirement extension first.  My papers were put on the officer's desk and were processed after the customer at the desk finished and ahead of the stack of other papers waiting there, about a 10 minute wait.  Then I was taken to 90 day report desk with the same result.  The re-entry required some new copies which the same lady outside assisted me with them then inside for immediate service.  All downstairs.  About an hour all told, slow because the lady to sign the renewal was on long phone calls.

2.  Went for TM 30 report after re entering the country a few weeks ago.  Upstairs office I sat and waited for about 10 minutes then went up and asked if they had priority service like downstairs.  The officer checked my age, apologized to the person she was helping and completed mine immediately.

So yes the priority system is working, just ask for the service when you get there.  Very easy, excellent service.  If you think they have forgotten you at any point, ask when your priority turn will be.  They all seem to be aware of the system and are using it.

So yes David, I probably used the form you inquire about but really do not know for sure and don't really care because the system is in fact working well.

And Nancy, it is easier than having to use any online queue system because you go whenever you want,  best not early morning or 1pm to avoid the queue at the outside desk which is the required start point for everybody.  9:30 or 10:00 am no problem or after 2pm.

I am glad that many of you people still refuse to use the G4T agency, because it makes the process easier and less hassle for me, no queues.

I just walk into the agency, get service immediately, they do all the photo copying, supply all the necessary forms, take my photos, I hand everything over, go for a nice relaxing meal or massage in the mall, go back to G4T, all done.  Cost 300 baht for the 90 day that takes about 10 minutes and 3000 baht for my retirement extension, no stress and no fuss. 3000 baht a year for a retirement extension, that`s only just over 8 baht a day.

I don't know.  I'm trying to secure an invitation to go out to Imm. Prom to interview the supervisor of this function to report in CEC e-newsletter.  My 90 day report is due in mid-November so I can go then without an invitation and at least observe, but I don't know how many questions I can ask without raising hackles again.

So you're not going to relocate in Malaysia?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What we have then is a priority system that jumps certain people ahead of the line causing younger healthy people to wait longer. I am 73 but in good health I just do not feel that my being older should allow me to jump the line ahead of people who came earlier than myself.

Archived