Police nab Laota’s son who dodged arrest for 13 years in major operation in Chiang Mai

snoop1130

Police nab Laota’s son who dodged arrest for 13 years in major operation in Chiang Mai

Sanlee.jpg

A son of alleged northern drug kingpin Laota Sanlee who had dodged police manhunt for 13 years was arrested by police in a major coordinated operation in Mae Ai, Fang and Muang districts of Chiang Mai on Friday.

More than 250 police and military officers were involved in raids of 27 targets in the three districts which include houses, petrol station, orange and coffee plantations and lychee orchards belonging to children and relatives of Laota Sanlee who was booked by police about two weeks ago.

Although no illegal items were found in the multiple raids, police seized official documents which police suspected might link to the ill-gotten properties earlier confiscated by police from the alleged drug kingpin.

Police stumbled on Banyat Sanlee, a son of Laota, in an expensive room at Sopon Mansion apartment belonging to his wife, Mrs Yuwadee. A warrant for the arrest of Banyat was issued by the provincial court 13 years ago, but he had dodged police manhunt for years until his arrest on Friday.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-nab-laotas-son-who-dodged-arrest-for-13-years-in-major-operation-in-chiang-mai/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-28

wow took them 13 years to find him living in a house owned by his wife, the mind boggles, only needed one cop to stake out this house not 250, its common knowledge in my short time here that all criminals go running back home to be hid by relatives.

9 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

wow took them 13 years to find him living in a house owned by his wife, the mind boggles, only needed one cop to stake out this house not 250, its common knowledge in my short time here that all criminals go running back home to be hid by relatives.

What makes you think he has only one wife?

3 hours ago, trogers said:

What makes you think he has only one wife?

You don't want to get on the wrong side of his wife, the former "bad girl" of a neighboring village.  Really too bad because when I knew Bunyat as a teen he was a happy-go-lucky yet polite lad.

6 hours ago, Johpa said:

You don't want to get on the wrong side of his wife, the former "bad girl" of a neighboring village.  Really too bad because when I knew Bunyat as a teen he was a happy-go-lucky yet polite lad.

The very reason to have more than one wife...

2 hours ago, whatproblem said:

They don't hide ,the police just don't bother to look

Actually Bunyat was in hiding living under an alias.  My guess is once they arrested his father they were able to track down his whereabouts.  Why they have now arrested Laota is a more enigmatic question.  There is clearly a backstory that we are not privy to.

16 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"...a major coordinated operation ..."  "' Police stumbled on Banyat Sanlee..."

Congratulations all round on a well co-ordinated stumble.:clap2:

Makes you wonder which police were not in the loop? Just stumbled into him .........Hmmmmmm! :smile::wai:

8 hours ago, Johpa said:

Actually Bunyat was in hiding living under an alias.  My guess is once they arrested his father they were able to track down his whereabouts.  Why they have now arrested Laota is a more enigmatic question.  There is clearly a backstory that we are not privy to.

The reasons for Laota's sting/arrest are in the original articles. He was reported to have got involved in the 'business' again and feared to have amassed enough cash to be a politician!

"A son of alleged northern drug kingpin Laota Sanlee who had dodged police manhunt for 13 years was arrested..."

Well, if he gets tried and convicted, not matter what the crime is, all he has to do is admit to attacking and raping a falang and his sentence will automatically be cut in half.