Using Amazon into Thailand

Paulinho

Hi, 

Does anyone have any experience in ordering from Amazon to Thailand? 

What's the general time to deliver? I. E. Presuming it's a next day delivery of a book in the UK, how long does it usually take to reach here? 

And is the postage cost high? Meaning, is it cheaper to order a product to a UK address and use the normal UK and Thai postal service? 

Many thanks, 

P

Forget about using amazon.co.uk - you're much better off using amazon.com, the American site.

The UK is a very expensive place to mail things from, especially if you're using FedEx or UPS, etc.

I've ordered various items from Amazon, you will have to pay customs charges but Amazon handles them for you is you buy directly from them and not from their marketplace - this is an important distinction to make.

I can't comment on books (kindle user), but I have had close to 50 cds delivered from Amazon UK in the last six months. All delivered safely after around 3 weeks wait. Postal charges vary, but around 30% of the purchase price would be close.

What your bank account with Amazon, just did it to me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983634/Has-Amazon-picked-79-pocket-millions-duped-signing-costly-prime-service-don-t-want.html

'Amazon Prime' service starts by customer agreeing to a 24-hour delivery

But this automatically triggers an annual £79 fee and subscription

Social networking sites and forums are awash with complaints about it

The number of British members of Amazon Prime runs into the millions

It is unclear how many people using the service are aware of the fee

Customers falling foul of 30-day free trial by not cancelling the service

Advertising Standards Authority has ruled a mailshot misled consumers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983634/Has-Amazon-picked-79-pocket-millions-duped-signing-costly-prime-service-don-t-want.html#ixzz4OOOQfZUE 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I tried to buy a $10 item through Amazon and they needed to lock up another $55 for shipping and possible customs and duties.  Apparently, some of that would have been refunded if charges weren't that high.

So I went to AliExpress and got exactly the same thing for $10, all-in, landed in Thailand.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I tried to buy a $10 item through Amazon and they needed to lock up another $55 for shipping and possible customs and duties.  Apparently, some of that would have been refunded if charges weren't that high.

So I went to AliExpress and got exactly the same thing for $10, all-in, landed in Thailand.

They look good. Thanks.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Forget about using amazon.co.uk - you're much better off using amazon.com, the American site.

The UK is a very expensive place to mail things from, especially if you're using FedEx or UPS, etc.

I've ordered various items from Amazon, you will have to pay customs charges but Amazon handles them for you is you buy directly from them and not from their marketplace - this is an important distinction to make.

Lots of things don't ship to Thailand. E.g. Supplements.

Amazon UK do deliver books to Thailand and I think for regular postage the delivery charge is about £8.50 (for a paperback). I don't think there would be any additional customs charges once it arrived in Thailand, and would be delivered via the postman probably taking between 10 to 15 days. I have never personally bought a book and had it delivered to Thailand from Amazon UK, but I have in the past bought DVD boxsets. The bizarre thing is with those is that Amazon waiver the VAT and the only charge £3.58 postage which is EMS signed for.

This can make it, in some cases cheaper to have DVD boxset delivered to a Thai address than it would be to a UK one.

On 10/28/2016 at 8:03 AM, bartender100 said:

What your bank account with Amazon, just did it to me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983634/Has-Amazon-picked-79-pocket-millions-duped-signing-costly-prime-service-don-t-want.html

'Amazon Prime' service starts by customer agreeing to a 24-hour delivery

But this automatically triggers an annual £79 fee and subscription

Social networking sites and forums are awash with complaints about it

The number of British members of Amazon Prime runs into the millions

It is unclear how many people using the service are aware of the fee

Customers falling foul of 30-day free trial by not cancelling the service

Advertising Standards Authority has ruled a mailshot misled consumers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983634/Has-Amazon-picked-79-pocket-millions-duped-signing-costly-prime-service-don-t-want.html#ixzz4OOOQfZUE 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What an interesting post, can you please translate it to English? 

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I haven't bought one in years and it would be bizarre to have a book delivered from the UK at great cost when you can get it electronically.

But there's something special about having genuine paper in your mitts.  Especially when traveling and you won't be in one place long enough to start up the machine, and when they tell you to turn off all electronic devices...

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Are people actually still buying CDs and books?

Recently vinyl records have made a huge comeback, sales are up 250% since 2009. and some current music is being released on cassette tape! Non of these formats will ever completely disappear, including CDs or proper books.