New army recruit at 222cms is not your average Thai!

rooster59

30 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

The plain fact that he is being shown at all, show that anything out of the ordinary is the target of jokes and innuendo, and also shows Thailand generally to be discriminatory, it is not this persons fault and the fact he is on the national Volleyball team, goes to show just how bloody stupid the Army is. It may well be a joke perpetrated by the Army on the public but in any event any recruiter would shy away from this person as they would / should know quite well that anything the Army has to offer would not fit, from uniform to beds, and plus he would have to duck or grouse in any building.

Sorry I do not find this amusing , rather sad that the Thai Government allows this be aired at all, in sensitive, and callous in my book. nothing new of course but sad all the same.

I feel sorry for this lad as I can imagine some senior officer will find him a job that gets publicity for the officer and the army but does nothing at all for the young soldier.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I feel sorry for this lad as I can imagine some senior officer will find him a job that gets publicity for the officer and the army but does nothing at all for the young soldier.

Agree 100%, the Army should have waived his call up, but then that is logical...................something unknown here.

hopefully this lad has a good endocrinologist, because if his condition is not treated a host of complex health issues will worsen as he ages.

my endocrinologist said to me 'i will be like a relative you may like or not, but twice a year, we will get together'.

a bustard insidious condition, he called my pituitary tumour.

on the glib note when the drill pig looks for 'right marker' all the other squaddies can relax.

I don't think being 2.20 is a big problem really, the tallest persons that dies early are around  2.50 . I am tall myself over 1.90 , if he takes good care of himself he could live well past 70, maybe even 80.