Phu Nam Ron Border (Kan) border bounce allowed?

thelongshoot

Hi there.  Does anyone know if its possible to do a quick in/out at the Phu Nam Ron border close to Kanchanaburi?  I mean doing so without any type of visa in order to get 15 or 30 days?  Someone mentioed you can only use this border with a Thai visa, but he wasnt totaly sure.  Seems strange they would allow Ferangs to go over and back in only if they have a visa, i mean its either open to Ferangs or it isnt, surely?

If anyone knows it would be a massive help.  Its a long way to drive there from Hua Hin only to get turned away :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2016 at 10:59 AM, MAZ3 said:

When did this change?, out/in without a visa was stopped a while ago.

The Myanmar visa requirement, when doing a visa hop, was very short lived, maybe only a few days, and seems to have come about due to a spat over the collection and sharing of border of fees.

I have a multi non-I and and did my most recent hop in September. A friend did his last month.

If you want to go further and stay in Myanmar for a while then you will need their visa.

On 01/11/2016 at 2:56 PM, Kan Win said:

With a visa is allowed now, once again by the way.

Please read the threads about this in the Visa Section of this forum.

Win

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/950745-phu-nam-ron-definitely-open-for-border-runs/#comment-11273890

Excellent information in the thread above from paddy, thai agent with small shop, call ahead 0821922488 to check border status.

• 1 month later...
On 23/12/2016 at 3:47 PM, Denim said:

Any updates on this ? Will be going soon so expecting that nothing has changed recently.

No Burmese visa required unless intended onward travel.

A Thai visa is required for a border hop, no visa free entries back into Thailand.

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

A Thai visa is required for a border hop, no visa free entries back into Thailand.

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Thanks....going tomorrow....avoid the new years traffic

Archived