Phu Nam Ron - Definitely Open for Border Runs?

Hi All,

I am due to do a border run (I'm on a Non Imm O Multi) tomorrow and wanted to check if any posters have recently crossed at Phu Nam Ron? I read a few weeks ago that it was back accepting border runs for holders of Thai Visas. If it is open, is it the same procedure as before, 950 THB all in?

I went there 3 Months ago and was refused so dont want to go all the way and find out that its refusing people without Burma visas.

Thanks in advance. 

Paddy 

• 9 months later...

Update on this. I just did this run today 30th Aug 2017 from Hua Hin and it went way smoother than I expected.

I arrived at 1140, paid 960 baht at the Thai side desk/agent. She filled out my new entry form TM6? for me. I then exited out of Thai immigration. Five minutes later five of us were in a Hilux for the short 3km drive to Myanmar immigration. The driver took our five passports while we all sat in the car with the AC running. Seven or eight minutes later he was back with our Myanmar entry and exit stamps and we were off back to Thailand. Five mins in the short Thai Immigration queue and I was stamped back in for another 90 days. Probably 25 mins from arriving to getting back in the car to head home, job done.

This was on a UK passport, with a Thai one year Non Imm O multi-entry visa. There was no requirement for me to have a Myanmar visa. I do believe you need some sort of valid Thai visa to get back in though.

Strange thing was, my Thai wife was with me, and despite having her passport with her, they said she couldn't come across with me as she had no Myanmar visa.

No big deal as I was only there less than ten minutes but I thought Asean countries allowed free flow across borders without a visa for their members. Maybe they just said that because the Hilux was full.

Good tarmac roads all the way, approx. 2hrs 45mins each way from Hua Hin.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, 

Phu Nam Ron border is open for visa run service everyday. If you need any assistance, please contact me. I am working at Phu Nam Ron border.

Many Thanks,

<contact by personal message>

Edited by ubonjoe
removed email address (forum rule)