Neither Heaven Nor Hell Keeps Farang From His Barbecue Pork

webfact

Neither Heaven Nor Hell Keeps Farang From His Barbecue Pork

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

201610302116541-20041019161308.jpg

Photo: Chok Chum Pae / Facebook

PATTAYA — Barbecue pork is best eaten hot. No one seems to understand this better than a foreign man who refused to let his hunger be interrupted by torrential rain Sunday night in Pattaya.

According to the story which went viral overnight, a couple was served at a barbecue buffet restaurant at about 8:30pm just before the sky opened up with a downpour. While other customers ran indoors, the unidentified man refused to budge. Not even his girlfriend could get him to leave the table, according to Padermchok Wongsiriyanon, son of the restaurant’s owner.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/10/31/neither-heaven-hell-keeps-farang-barbecue-pork/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-10-31

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Why is it necessary to link this behaviour in one instance from this one individual to an entire race? The article says more about the mentality of the journalist than anything else.

Whoa, Briggsy old fella. First off, farang is not a race, except at opening time. Second, the word was being used in the singular.

It's just a bit of rain, I guess that once you're soaking wet you can't get any wetter no matter how long you stay out in the rain.

I wouldn't like my food to be soaked in rain though, I'd be one of the first to head inside and stay dry.

....because he is not Thai they have to find something wrong with him....

...typical......

...he must have his reasons...or reasoning....

...probably tired of a lot of !@#$%^&* he has been through...at the hands of the likes of his 'critics'.....

...such a cultured lot they all are.....

On 10/31/2016 at 2:37 PM, Briggsy said:

Why is it necessary to link this behaviour in one instance from this one individual to an entire race? The article says more about the mentality of the journalist than anything else.

Huh?  I don't see anything written here generalizing his behavior to a race... a bit thin skinned and defensive are we? I'm impressed with the guy... total focus and commitment under adversity... a positive quality and very hilarious... 

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Slow news day...

Or was it too wet to get out of the "office" to find news??? :tongue:

Quirky stories, people's idiosyncrancies, unusual things ... they're items of interest and amusement ... news outlets have featured them for hundreds of years ...  sorry if they don't brighten up your day. 

9 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Quirky stories, people's idiosyncrancies, unusual things ... they're items of interest and amusement ... news outlets have featured them for hundreds of years ...  sorry if they don't brighten up your day. 

I think pictures of White Water Rafting down the sois may have been more interesting... :stoner:

• 3 weeks later...