Foreigners seek bail after warrant less raid on overstay

snoop1130

I am led to believe that a hair follicle

test can show drug(including green) for up to 3 years

I cannot seriously believe that people on overstay would be stupid enough to stay at a GH called 'overstay' unless its a case of admitting the truth knowing that its so blatant,that people wouldnt believe it.Is it called reverse psychology?

One should open called the honest citizens Guest House.what could the RTB possibly visit it for?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have smoked marijuana recently, do not come here, we want "Quality Tourists Only" .

It will be interesting once countries where marijuana is legal, issue travel warnings advising against travel here if marijuana was consumed within 45 days.

Why dont the BIB urine test all flights arriving from Amsterdam? Probably 15% would fail.

Even where it is not legal...

UK.GOV travel warning would be a good idea, "some countries up hold the law on narcotics better than us".

Though some drugs do stay in the body longer than others does depend on the test, and how purple it turns, though as a friend pointed out yesterday she does not like travelling on our local busses as she feels very light headed when getting off.

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

The police are not threatening the accused in order that they do not claim innocence!   The point you are missing about this incident is not the innocence, or otherwise, of the accused, it is that the accused are claiming that the authorities did not have a warrant for the raid (even though in the circumstances a warrant was not needed) and therefore their action was illegal.  It wasn't.

Freaken idiots ...A warrent??  You're not in Kansas Dorothy!!  TIT!

55 minutes ago, hohososo said:

It will be interesting once countries where marijuana is legal, issue travel warnings advising against travel here if marijuana was consumed within 45 days.

Why dont the BIB urine test all flights arriving from Amsterdam? Probably 15% would fail.

Good suggestion, less trash admitted to Thailand!!

To my personal believe dope has no excuse what so ever if you want to use it well it is up to the individual to do so and if cut doing so pay the price and assume the consequences.

There is no need of getting stone in a country that is not for dope user so be deported and go back to the country you came from and smoke that shit and be happy.

3 hours ago, moe666 said:

It is their logic and their country works for them

This argument comes up in almost every topic, I guess contributed by a member seeking a quick, categorical summary without taxing himself to think. The reason it fails is that "they" are not a single person, but 65 million people with many different viewpoints and disagreements about how to run the country. 

9 hours ago, Jedsada3 said:

My comment will probably put fire on this post...

When I drive over the speed limit, I know what I do. I take the risk to get caught and accept the consequences.

So if someone takes drugs and visits a country where the laws are very strict, that someone takes a risk and should accept what happens.if caught.

If the law in Thailand was applied across the board fairly you would have a valid point, but as this is not the case you don’t.  Jails in Thailand are for those without the money sidestep them. The fact that they needed 100 law enforcement officers to arrest a handful of backpackers for smoking a spliff beggars belief.

5 hours ago, gdgbb said:

You seem to be under the false impression that some people, "Hiso's / connected" [sic] in particular, automatically get bail, they don't.  They have to ask for it, as do the pot heads in this case, no difference whatsoever.   They then have to be able to meet the police/courts requirements for bail to be granted.  If the hi-sos meet the requirements they get bail, if the pot heads can meet the requirements, they get bail.

What nonsense, for the rich and connected in Thailand asking for bail is  - in the vast majority of cases - merely a formality. 

4 hours ago, gdgbb said:

The police are not threatening the accused in order that they do not claim innocence!   The point you are missing about this incident is not the innocence, or otherwise, of the accused, it is that the accused are claiming that the authorities did not have a warrant for the raid (even though in the circumstances a warrant was not needed) and therefore their action was illegal.  It wasn't.

Regardless of what the law actually stipulates, what is legal and what is illegal in Thailand is entirely subject to those involved.  The hypocrisy of it all is that it is impossible to deny that elements of law enforcement and the security apparatus in Thailand have been deeply involved in the drug trade, among other illegal activities, such as human trafficking, for as long as I can remember,

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

The only way you will get less trash coming to Thailand is to demolish Pattaya and shut down every red light district in the country. 

Much easier to eliminate  the junkies and pot heads with

a simple urine test and deport their drugged up a** back

to their Country.  It would mean much less crime in Thailand!!

9 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Jesada, what  you smokin' man??   You just don't get this.   Smoking dope is legal in some other countries, and it's not all that serious, so what's the problem??  Dope freaks come to Thailand for the cheap drugs, doing the economy a favor!!  Then the BiB have the audacity to arrest them and throw them in the slammer, just grossly unfair when the locals are doing the same thing.

Call it sarcasm, or a joke, or whatever you like, but I'm not being serious.

I'm a little confused at the thread title......Is the outrage because the OP thought the raid wasn't warranted, or because the bust/search was done without a warrant??

Dope freaks ????????   People come to Thailand for cheap drugs.....what the cluck are you smoking...it's way cheaper back in the uk and its the real mc coy.i like cream cakes and my doctor said they ain't good for me,so I'm a cream cake freak then? Oh and yes you are a little bit confused.this whole episode is the Thai way of trying to make farang look bad and themselves look whiter than white.little do they know but the whole of the planet outside the bubble they live in are laughing at them.as for warrants,they are only for hi so Thais.this is because they want to give them time to make good their escape to another country.

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Yeah right, cause we all know the vast majority of crime here is committed by those pesky foreigners, eh...

Immigration should do a hair folicle test of every tourist entering the airport.

If you have consumed any drugs the Kingdom says is illegal within the past 3 years, you should be deported and blacklisted. But I do think the death penalty is a little harsh.

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

The only slight problem with an otherwise flawless plan is that the vast majority of junkies in Thailand are Thai, not foreign.  So the reduction in junkie-related crime would barely register.  Also, I don't think smoking cannabis qualifies one as a junkie. 

18 minutes ago, hohososo said:

Immigration should do a hair folicle test of every tourist entering the airport.

If you have consumed any drugs the Kingdom says is illegal within the past 3 years, you should be deported and blacklisted. But I do think the death penalty is a little harsh.

Provided that you are not joking, that is a little bit stupid.  No offence.  I don't think there's any need to elaborate on the reprecussions of such a policy. 

2 hours ago, The man from udon said:

Dope freaks ????????   People inome  to Thailand for cheap drugs.....what the cluck are you smoking...it's way cheaper back in the uk and its the real mc coy.i like cream cakes and my doctor said they ain't good for me,so I'm a cream cake freak then? Oh and yes you are a little bit confused.this whole episode is the Thai way of trying to make farang look bad and themselves look whiter than white.little do they know but the whole of the planet outside the bubble they live in are laughing at them.as for warrants,they are only for hi so Thais.this is because they want to give them time to make good their escape to another country.

Not smoking, just qupoting........ quoting post further back In the thread.

Not being a smoker, I have no Idea of prices or quality country to country.  You claim to have that knowledge, so are obviously prepared to take significant risk by using dope In Thailand.

It appears you also have knowledge on securing warrants and police tipping off crims, but only Thais, not foreigners, so they can flee.  Could you please give us some cases of which you're aware?.

4 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

You have to be a very bitter old man, living in a very small bubble!

Amja

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

Not smoking, just qupoting........ quoting post further back In the thread.

Not being a smoker, I have no Idea of prices or quality country to country.  You claim to have that knowledge, so are obviously prepared to take significant risk by using dope In Thailand.

It appears you also have knowledge on securing warrants and police tipping off crims, but only Thais, not foreigners, so they can flee.  Could you please give us some cases of which you're aware?.

So let's get this right.because I know a bit of quality weed in the uk is cheaper than in Thailand your saying I smoke weed here.you seem to have the knowledge that tourist come here for cheap drugs.how cheap are they?  Also I said the uk,not country to country.just listen to yourself...dope freaks come to Thailand for cheap drugs.thats a first for me.

20 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

your saying I smoke weed here.you seem to have the knowledge that tourist come here for cheap drugs.how cheap are they?  

You need to get to the Overstay hostel and ask to speak to the owner , for prices 

I've been hearing of a backpacker flop house in that area since maybe 10 years ago.  Words usually used to describe it were hidden, cheap, and filthy.  Just how secret you can keep a place with farang coming and going at all hours in Bangkok is questionable, IMO. 

Have no idea if this is the same place.  Certainly doesn't seem any effort was put into keeping it hidden, what with a sidewalk cafe.  Calling the place Overstay, with a big orange sign, was absolutely brilliant.

1 hour ago, The man from udon said:

So let's get this right.because I know a bit of qualiify weed in the uk is cheaper than in Thailand your sailing I smoke weed here.you seem to have the knowledge that tourist come here for cheap drugs.how cheap are they?  Also I said the uk,not country to country.just listen to yourself...dope freaks come to Thailand for cheap drugs.thats a first for me.

You're not listening.

I said that It hjad already been posted that some come to Thailand for cheap dope/drugs. I have no Idea of the accuracy of the claim.

You're the one who knows of quality and prices In both countries, not me.

Do uyou drop In on places like the Overstay and research quality and cost??  It's a legitimate question If you have that knowledge.

I Imagine that you'd have to 'sample' the product to know the quality, or can that be done on appearance alone?

For the record, I wouldn't know dope from cornstalks, much less prices.  I do, however, know a dope when I read of one, e.g., somebody who uses Illicit drugs In Thailand!

Unable to edit typos.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition

9 hours ago, Puwa said:

This argument comes up in almost every topic, I guess contributed by a member seeking a quick, categorical summary without taxing himself to think. The reason it fails is that "they" are not a single person, but 65 million people with many different viewpoints and disagreements about how to run the country. 

.......with elected representatives to decide policy and make laws, so significantly less than 65 million!!!

13 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Thanks for the explaination! Looks like a lot of people here needed that one. 

After that has been said, it´s just to agree with many in this tread. Smoking or taking drugs in another way is illegal in Thailand.
Just accept it. There is no need to complain when the hard truth of the joke is on the once that take them in this country.

If it were up to me it should be illegal in every country, and I sincerely hope that they lock´em up for at least a couple of years.
That might teach all the people complaining here and other fools that come to this country to just accept and show respect for the
system in Thailand. Even if it is a dysfunctional system that are corrupted as hell, it´s still the system that goes here. It´s just to cope with
or find another country to smoke the joints in. Just not in Thailand.

2 hours ago, amja said:

You have to be a very bitter old man, living in a very small bubble!

Amja

As for saying that someone is a bitter old man, you got to really know that person IRL. I think that is not the case.

However for living in a bubble, that might be true. The crimes committed out of foreigners using drugs in Thailand, is just a small
fraction out of the crimes committed by the thais using drugs. 

2 hours ago, The man from udon said:

So let's get this right.because I know a bit of quality weed in the uk is cheaper than in Thailand your saying I smoke weed here.you seem to have the knowledge that tourist come here for cheap drugs.how cheap are they?  Also I said the uk,not country to country.just listen to yourself...dope freaks come to Thailand for cheap drugs.thats a first for me.

LMAO! The comment might be the first for you, but seriously, it can be your first joint! How many before you wrote that slendid comment?