Foreigners seek bail after warrant less raid on overstay

snoop1130

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 6:48 PM, z42 said:

Another disgraceful episode here. There have been reports of people staying in the guesthouse getting pulled out of bed and forced to provide drug tests.

Why the majority of these people are required to even seek bail is disgusting in the extreme.

Hiso's / connected here get bail for murder, manslaughter and all manner of violent offences.

Simply, a 3rd world law enforcement and justice system at work here. I would never want to end up in its grasp. Scary in the extreme.

I hope these people caught up in this latest fiasco get released asap.

You offer more words of kindness towards these hobos than many others on here.

Fact is, they flaunted the law at a time when they knew over the top partying was not on.

The obnoxious owners getting his serve of som num na too.

There is a very good reason why most of us dont have to worry about getting in the grasp of the justice system here...

-dont smoke drugs

-dont hang around where people smoke drugs

-dont hang around desperado farangs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Thanks for the explaination! Looks like a lot of people here needed that one. 

After that has been said, it´s just to agree with many in this tread. Smoking or taking drugs in another way is illegal in Thailand.
Just accept it. There is no need to complain when the hard truth of the joke is on the once that take them in this country.

If it were up to me it should be illegal in every country, and I sincerely hope that they lock´em up for at least a couple of years.
That might teach all the people complaining here and other fools that come to this country to just accept and show respect for the
system in Thailand. Even if it is a dysfunctional system that are corrupted as hell, it´s still the system that goes here. It´s just to cope with
or find another country to smoke the joints in. Just not in Thailand.

Yes, we all needed the pair of you to clarify the issue for us. We'd have forever remained in the dark without you both.  The ignorance and stupidity is quite breathtaking ...  scary even.  As for your proposal to "lock'em up for at least a couple for years'", I ask you, what benefit is there in locking up drug users?  Has it ever - in any part of the world anywhere - reduced the number of users?  No, the number of drug users has steadily increased year after year for decades, and will continue to do so. Being locked up actually increases drug use, and prompts non-drug-users to become users. 

Even taking Duterte's extraordinarily reckless approach will not - in the long term - reduce the number of drug users in the Philippines.  All it will do is remove the drug trade from the hands of the small guy, and place it in the hands of the police, security apparatus and state officials.  A monopoly. As for gunning down users, which is indeed happening there, this is tantamount to putting a band aid/plaster on someone who just had their legs blown off by a landmine.  It doesn't address the causes of the issue, just the symptoms. 

As for this profoundly deep and thoughtful comment: "That might teach all the people complaining here and other fools that come to this country to just accept and show respect for the system in Thailand."   I will never accept, let alone "respect" stupidity, backwardness, and hypocrisy, regardless of what country I live in.  Nor can or shall I.   The only fool in this discussion is you.  Welcome to the 21st century... it appears it passed you by.  Good day.

30 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Yes, we all needed the pair of you to clarify the issue for us. We'd have forever remained in the dark without you both.  The ignorance and stupidity is quite breathtaking ...  scary even.  As for your proposal to "lock'em up for at least a couple for years'", I ask you, what benefit is there in locking up drug users?  Has it ever - in any part of the world anywhere - reduced the number of users?  No, the number of drug users has steadily increased year after year for decades, and will continue to do so. Being locked up actually increases drug use, and prompts non-drug-users to become users. 

Even taking Duterte's extraordinarily reckless approach will not - in the long term - reduce the number of drug users in the Philippines.  All it will do is remove the drug trade from the hands of the small guy, and place it in the hands of the police, security apparatus and state officials.  A monopoly. As for gunning down users, which is indeed happening there, this is tantamount to putting a band aid/plaster on someone who just had their legs blown off by a landmine.  It doesn't address the causes of the issue, just the symptoms. 

As for this profoundly deep and thoughtful comment: "That might teach all the people complaining here and other fools that come to this country to just accept and show respect for the system in Thailand."   I will never accept, let alone "respect" stupidity, backwardness, and hypocrisy, regardless of what country I live in.  Nor can or shall I.   The only fool in this discussion is you.  Welcome to the 21st century... it appears it passed you by.  Good day.

The commetnwas not made to make people stop using drugs. Just that it´s not a wise choise in Thailand. There are countries that allow this use, and then it´s better to do it there. In that case the case of beeing a fool is upon you. Youjust didn´t understand my comment in that case.

Again you bring Duerte and a war on drugs into the discussion??? It was still not any talk about reducing drug use in my comment. Just don´t do it in Thailand. It´s illegal!

At last but not least. If you come to a country as a foreigner you are always a guest disregarding your status in the country, and can you not accept, respect and follow the rules in the counrty you just travelled to the wrong part of the world my dear friend.

stephen tracy said:

" I will never accept, let alone "respect" stupidity, backwardness, and hypocrisy, regardless of what country I live in.  Nor can or shall I. "

I read that as you will violate rules/laws with which you don't agree or have no respect?

That is not a good idea in your own country, let alone one with a 'wild west' police and justice system.  You're making a rod for your own back my friend.  Thailand is not a country where you have much/any redress when things go pear shaped for you.

Your comment reminds me of an earlier poster who said he will decide what is legal and what is not!!!   Profund stuff.

Watch your knuckles don't get caught in the cell door as it closes.

Edited by F4UCorsair

5 minutes ago, Get Real said:

The commetnwas not made to make people stop using drugs. Just that it´s not a wise choise in Thailand. There are countries that allow this use, and then it´s better to do it there. In that case the case of beeing a fool is upon you. Youjust didn´t understand my comment in that case.

Again you bring Duerte and a war on drugs into the discussion??? It was still not any talk about reducing drug use in my comment. Just don´t do it in Thailand. It´s illegal!

At last but not least. If you come to a country as a foreigner you are always a guest disregarding your status in the country, and can you not accept, respect and follow the rules in the counrty you just travelled to the wrong part of the world my dear friend.

I respect neither backwardness, nor borders, and I am not your friend. 

Oops, I'd better edit my comment in which I said "my friend".   

You don't respect borders?   That's such a dumb comment that now I know you are troll posting, and troll posting is just plain silly and infantile.

Edited by F4UCorsair

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Oops, I'd better edit my comment in which I said "my friend".   

You don't respect borders?   Now I know you are troll posting.

I sincerely like this comment! LOL

Just think about no borders, no rules, no backwardness (what the hell now that can be???), and just get rid of everything else at the samr time.
That´s just how easy it is to create one total and single state of the whole world with lawless system and the only human being will be the one we today refer to as an anarchist.
Isn´t it a wonderful though? LMAO
Sometimes it hilleriously amusing to take part of TV discussions.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:11 PM, hohososo said:

If you have smoked marijuana within 45 days prior to arrival in the Kingdom, you will be jailed if caught as it is a crime for your urine to test positive for marijuana.

cant  they  just  jail your  urine i mean........... theyre taking the P**s

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

After that has been said, it´s just to agree with many in this tread. Smoking or taking drugs in another way is illegal in Thailand.
Just accept it. There is no need to complain when the hard truth of the joke is on the once that take them in this country.

If it were up to me it should be illegal in every country, and I sincerely hope that they lock´em up for at least a couple of years.
That might teach all the people complaining here and other fools that come to this country to just accept and show respect for the
system in Thailand. Even if it is a dysfunctional system that are corrupted as hell, it´s still the system that goes here. It´s just to cope with

No no no no no no no no "show respect" NOOOOOOOOOO

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

You're not listening.

I said that It hjad already been posted that some come to Thailand for cheap dope/drugs. I have no Idea of the accuracy of the claim.

You're the one who knows of quality and prices In both countries, not me.

Do uyou drop In on places like the Overstay and research quality and cost??  It's a legitimate question If you have that knowledge.

I Imagine that you'd have to 'sample' the product to know the quality, or can that be done on appearance alone?

For the record, I wouldn't know dope from cornstalks, much less prices.  I do, however, know a dope when I read of one, e.g., somebody who uses Illicit drugs In Thailand!

Unable to edit typos.

I have the knowledge because 2 hard working freaks brickie/steel fixer who work very hard in the uk come here every December and we go fishing around Thailand.as soon as they land they want to buy some weed.when they finally do find some they sit down and I hear them say...oh look at this cabbage we've just paid twice the price of the uk and it's absolutely <deleted>.i don't know what it costs as it can vary from country to country and the same goes for the quality.your suggestion that I smoke because I have the knowledge is way off.its like saying drug squad police have the knowledge so they must smoke.by the way what are freaks,people who smoke dope or break the law...you claim to have no knowledge of weed so why go commenting on it.i not going to go on but you can have your say now.

9 hours ago, amja said:

You have to be a very bitter old man, living in a very small bubble!

Amja

Wanting to to live with quality people not dumb ass pot heads and

criminal junkies does not make one bitter, it makes one appreciate 

living in a civil environment!!    (Back to your bag of weed!!)

The issue is these backpackers could've arrived from amsterdam where they smoked. They would still get arrested in Thailand even if no drugs were consumed here as their urine will test positive for 45 days after consumption.

2 hours ago, hohososo said:

The issue is these backpackers could've arrived from amsterdam where they smoked. They would still get arrested in Thailand even if no drugs were consumed here as their urine will test positive for 45 days after consumption.

Great! Just don´t go to Thailand the next 45 days after smoking then. See, problem solved!
I just don´t want to think that you are so deluted that you believe that they didn´t smoke in Thailand at the gesthouse. I believe that the smoke was in the air when thay did the raid.
Just not important anyway. The only thing that is important to not get in trouble is to follow the rules. They didn´t. More talking on that subject is not needed.

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

Big Smile! LOL

With almost 6500 post I will take for granted that you are joking.

Nope I cant show respect for the Thai system, I cant accept being forced to do things and not mention things and behave in a certain way about things that cant be mentioned.............see how stupid it is

4 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Wanting to to live with quality people not dumb ass pot heads and

criminal junkies does not make one bitter, it makes one appreciate 

living in a civil environment!!    (Back to your bag of weed!!)

"Wanting to to live with quality people ..."

One might wonder why you spend time on TV then..

Just now, kannot said:

Nope I cant show respect for the Thai system, I cant accept being forced to do things and not mention things and behave in a certain way about things that cant be mentioned.............see how stupid it is

Sure it´s stupid. I totally agree, but what can be done about it. You see people that try everyday in Thailand. That´s the one we hear and read about in the news, and it´s always a lawsuit that is on the table.

14 hours ago, hohososo said:

Or any of the states in the US where it is legal for recreational use.  Or any of the even more states where it is allowed for medical use.  Really weird for someone my age to be driving down the freeway one day and seeing signs like this:

79oz.jpg

On 02/11/2016 at 1:44 PM, The man from udon said:

I have the knowledge because 2 hard working freaks brickie/steel fixer who work very hard in the uk come here every December and we go fishing around Thailand.as soon as they land they want to buy some weed.when they finally do find some they sit down and I hear them say...oh look at this cabbage we've just paid twice the price of the uk and it's absolutely <deleted>.i don't know what it costs as it can vary from country to country and the same goes for the quality.your suggestion that I smoke because I have the knowledge is way off.its like saying drug squad police have the knowledge so they must smoke.by the way what are freaks,people who smoke dope or break the law...you claim to have no knowledge of weed so why go commenting on it.i not going to go on but you can have your say now.

Now I've got it, 2 hard working freky 'friends' told you....'friends'.....wink, wink.

Reminds me of the guys who post on TV...........I have a friend who is on 652 days overstay, what do you think he should do.  

On 01/11/2016 at 11:26 PM, stephen tracy said:

Regardless of what the law actually stipulates, what is legal and what is illegal in Thailand is entirely subject to those involved.  The hypocrisy of it all is that it is impossible to deny that elements of law enforcement and the security apparatus in Thailand have been deeply involved in the drug trade, among other illegal activities, such as human trafficking, for as long as I can remember,

You can produce solid proof of that involvement??  After all, if it's impossible to deny, you must have evidence.