What Do You Think Tourist SHOULDN'T Do?

Andrew C

How bloody boring. the whole idea of a holiday is to enjoy yourself. not get an in depth lists of don't. Just get off the plane get to your hotel and bloody well enjoy yourselfs for as long as your here. shag who you want when you want. drink what you want wherever you want. Holidays are precious time away from the mundane so let loose. forget thai visa doom sayers fall in love. Some on here have never heard of a holiday romance bar girl or tesco lotus cashier  (bar girl) Just bloody well enjoy yourselfs. Or listen to all the rubish take it all in and spend thousands on air fares hotels and then just sit in your hotel don't venture out beacuse:::::::::::: tv posters have scared you to death with the BS. UP TO YOU

Edited by Deepinthailand

On 11/2/2016 at 0:57 PM, chrisinth said:

Always pay close attention to letters received from lovelies after long meaningful overnight relationships. Pay attention to the conversion rate....................;)

Dear Tilac,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house. Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money.

Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many  farang to pay bill. The old people in my village in Roi-et say it all your fault. If you  give me  money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem.

Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank.

Papa fix: 10,000,

new loof:30,000,

New police car 100,000:

Mama fix:50,000.

I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat - 12,000bht. I not know money England but my friend me say it about 30.59875 baht. This mean you send me 65,000 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too much long time. Tikka  

Suck me off ok 

Don't believe your status as a westerner or a tourist gives you any protection, superior rights or any consideration by locals. You are simply a guest in a foreign country who was invited here to throw money around for the benefit of people whom you're never likely to meet.  Try to behave like a generous guest. Keep your concept of dignity in your pocket. No-one's interested in comparing any of the methods, beliefs, values or traditions of your home country with life here;  none of them have any value or relevance in  the LOS.  You are not a missionary. You're a tourist.  Vive la difference!

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:36 PM, Fabricus said:

The best reply I've seen to one of these "begging letters" was written by a man in, I believe, Saudi Arabia.

The Thai girl (obviously a hooker) had penned the usual garbage about being poor and having no money.

The Arab stated in his reply that he wasn't concerned or put off by her abject poverty. He reminded her, politely, that millions of people around the world are dirt poor.

He stressed that despite her complete lack of cash, he still loved her.

---

The letter was a gem insofar as her plea for cash went straight over his head. And he evidently had genuine feelings for her, too.

It was this that me realize only westerners send cash. Japs don't; Arabs wouldn't even think of it. I also think men from southern Europe (Italy and Span, etc) are less likely to fall for this crap than clowns in England, Germany and Scandinavia. 

Ahem... the Japanese are famous among Thais and Filipinas for their generosity. I've heard stories of them buying cars for girls even when they haven't yet had sex... that's just the softening up tactic. Another Thai friend I had has a Japanese bf who funnels her massive amounts of money but barely sees her. Astounding. That said, I have three good friends (two American, one British) who tell me I need to be more generous with my girl. She's never complained, but the guys (all in their 60s and 70s) seem to think that the guy should be spending money on girls like there's no tomorrow. One of them has bought 4 houses (in Vietnam) for his wife's family, and the British guy is in the midst of having a house built for his Indon gf; he's previously bought houses for one other Indon and two Thais. I don't get it.... 

5 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

How bloody boring. the whole idea of a holiday is to enjoy yourself. not get an in depth lists of don't. Just get off the plane get to your hotel and bloody well enjoy yourselfs for as long as your here. shag who you want when you want. drink what you want wherever you want. Holidays are precious time away from the mundane so let loose. forget thai visa doom sayers fall in love. Some on here have never heard of a holiday romance bar girl or tesco lotus cashier  (bar girl) Just bloody well enjoy yourselfs. Or listen to all the rubish take it all in and spend thousands on air fares hotels and then just sit in your hotel don't venture out beacuse:::::::::::: tv posters have scared you to death with the BS. UP TO YOU

And smoke dope??  Or use other drugs?

5 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

And smoke dope??  Or use other drugs?

Did I mention that NO stop being silly and trying to look smug its not working. How many holidaymakers come to Thailand to smoke weed or take drugs maybe 1 in a 1000 I would guess.

Edited by Deepinthailand

On 11/1/2016 at 1:02 AM, swissie said:

What should Tourists not do? (especially first-timers).

2 things come to mind immediately (among many others):

- Ignore cat-calls coming from across the street, insisting that you are a "sexy-man". (if you hear it for the 20iest time, you may actually start to believe it yourself.) Nothing but trouble ahead !

- Ignore Farang Long Term Residents (especially when wearing dark sun glasses after midnight), offering you "the business-deal of a lifetime". Nothing but trouble ahead !

There are 639 other reasons as to "what Tourists should not do", but this will have to suffice for now.
Cheers.

I will tell you what they should do. Ignore men in suits, or with facial hair.

Edited by possum1931
added on a little.

18 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

You could have saved yourself all that typing and just type four words instead. "Just use common sense".

10 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Ware those funny old shorts Iike from the time Brits did in India years ago.I think at any minute they will start singing Road To Mandalay. ,and bang themselves on the head with a Frying Pan..emoji79.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Those shorts are dangerously addictive.  Once you go cargo, it's hard to go back.  With the normal quota of pockets, where do you keep your phone, umbrella, BTS pass, MRT pass, Tops Card, Central Card, water bottle, camera, passport copy, portable bum gun etc?

Those shorts are dangerously addictive.  Once you go cargo, it's hard to go back.  With the normal quota of pockets, where do you keep your phone, umbrella, BTS pass, MRT pass, Tops Card, Central Card, water bottle, camera, passport copy, portable bum gun etc?

Wife's Handbag.[emoji160][emoji151][emoji168]dear.[emoji182]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect