Essan Fast Food

corkscrew

EFC (Essan Fried Chicken) calls itself a fast food outlet that offers Issan style food. However...and this is a big HOWEVER...the Issan food found here in Bangkok is about as true to form as is Thai food as served in America or Europe. What we get in Bangkok is toned down from what you will eat north of Korat.

EFC (Essan Fried Chicken) calls itself a fast food outlet that offers Issan style food. However...and this is a big HOWEVER...the Issan food found here in Bangkok is about as true to form as is Thai food as served in America or Europe. What we get in Bangkok is toned down from what you will eat north of Korat.

That's like going to a McDonalds in a big city and claiming ma and pop burger joints in smaller cities are so different! You can find good, authentic isaan food off the streets of Bangkok very easily. It's made by Isaan people for Isaan people. But granted, I like the atmosphere and freshness of dining in Isaan better.

That's like going to a McDonalds in a big city and claiming ma and pop burger joints in smaller cities are so different! You can find good, authentic isaan food off the streets of Bangkok very easily. It's made by Isaan people for Isaan people. But granted, I like the atmosphere and freshness of dining in Isaan better.

Good point! I should have conditioned my coments to reflect that.