New Iherb policy

Felt 35

After a inquiry to iherb about a 60% increase in shipping cost for the same product (small parcel low US value) I got the below reply from iherb.

We apologize if you're unaware that we no longer offer Airmail as a shipping method for international orders. We now offer Global mail by DHL. Once the package has been cleared by customs, instead of Fedex; DHL will pick up the package and deliver it to your Local Post Office for final delivery.
The price you currently see is shipping rate that is charged by the carrier, based on the shipping weight, to have an order shipped to your country. In the past we have subsidized these rates and charged a flat fee. Unfortunately, we can no longer absorb the additional shipping costs and rates will now be based on the shipping weight of the order with additional discounts being automatically applied once the order is over $40.00.

personally I think this is a result of a general tightening of Thailand's import / customs regulation with todays government (Buy only Thai products) when I myself have seen that even postal parcels from family in Europe has been confiscated although they only contain innocent presents.
When DHL or FedEx is involved do we know what that mean, and I expect this parcel which cost US 18 will end up at US 35 -40:sad: to smear the wheels at DHL.
Edited by Felt 35

After being let down by iherb on a package to the UK and numerous emails trying to get it resolved, only to be ignored, I will never deal with this company again. That they're great until things go wrong is not a good business model. In comparison, Amazon will bend over backwards until an issue is resolved.

We beat this topic to death here.  My last order was 1.8 lbs and shipping cost <drum roll> $4 bucks.   The shipping is a function of the weight of your order and the dollar amount you have bought.  A shipping discount kicks when you order over $40.

Edited by connda

• 4 months later...

I think their shipping rates are up again. My package is 1.7lbs, costs $32, shipping is $10 with a warning about additional charges (I've never seen this same warning before and have never incurred additional charges before from them).

It also looks like any discount for going over $40 is now discontinued. 

I'd be happy to shop within Thailand if the prices weren't so high and the selection so bad. 

Edited by bananafish