All guest houses in parks in the North fully booked

webfact

All guest houses in parks in the North fully booked

376_Book.jpg

BANGKOK: -- All the guest houses in national parks in the North have been fully booked until the New Year, Mr Tunya Netithammakul, director-general of National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Conservation, disclosed on Tuesday.

He said the department normally opens its guest houses in national parks for advance bookings through online system two months in advance, but this year, several governmental agencies and the private sector made advance bookings much earlier.

The bookings were so overwhelming that the department’s website collapsed two days, he said, however, noting that it was the discretion of the director-general to decide which bookings would be approved.

Guest Houses in Doi Inthanont, Huey Nam Dung, Doi Pahom Pok and Khao Yai have been fully booked until the New Year.

However, Mr Tunya said that tents are still available for advance bookings at the national parks whereas marine parks in the Andaman Sea such as Surin and Similan are now open to tourists’ visits but marine parks in the Gulf such as Ang Thong still remains closed until December due to choppy sea and strong winds.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/all-guest-houses-in-parks-in-the-north-fully-booked/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-01

The recent popularity of camping in the national parks does not bode well for conservation. I have seen national parks in Kanchanaburi grow in popularity over the last 10 or 12 years with the result of hiking paths being concreted over to ease access to waterfalls, caves etc... Accommodation being quadrupled,  Parking areas increased, food stalls and restaurants added all to the detremint of what the national park is supposed to be, a place to be in nature. I understand the Thai attitude is more to 'look' at nature, ideally from the comfort of an air conditioned vehicle of some sort but that should not be the role of forest preserves and national parks, there are enough safari parks to fill that niche. And of course with the crowds comes the litter, and noise pollution and general idiocy of people who don't really respect nature being in nature.  Brings to mind that old Bangkok idiom, thousands rush to the last quiet spot in the city. 

3 hours ago, dictater said:

The recent popularity of camping in the national parks does not bode well for conservation. I have seen national parks in Kanchanaburi grow in popularity over the last 10 or 12 years with the result of hiking paths being concreted over to ease access to waterfalls, caves etc... Accommodation being quadrupled,  Parking areas increased, food stalls and restaurants added all to the detremint of what the national park is supposed to be, a place to be in nature. I understand the Thai attitude is more to 'look' at nature, ideally from the comfort of an air conditioned vehicle of some sort but that should not be the role of forest preserves and national parks, there are enough safari parks to fill that niche. And of course with the crowds comes the litter, and noise pollution and general idiocy of people who don't really respect nature being in nature.  Brings to mind that old Bangkok idiom, thousands rush to the last quiet spot in the city. 

A rather negative snobbish view. Also borderline racist. People create nature reserves by learning to appreciate nature. It's a fantastic news and just shows how the recent price reductions have helped poorer people enjoy the countries natural resources. Litter can be cleared up and people educated.

It doesn't appear to be a problem on Agoda for Doi Inthanont guesthouses. I checked the period between November 19 & 26 and there's plenty of space available.

Same goes for Doi Pahom Pok from December 17 to 20 at Booking.com

Maybe the director-general was referring to the period 2004-2005 since that was the last time they updated their site: http://www.dnp.go.th/Nature_knowledge/index_nature.asp

5 hours ago, The manic said:

A rather negative snobbish view. iflso borderline racist. People create nature reserves by learning to appreciate nature. It's a fantastic news and just shows how the recent price reductions have helped poorer people enjoy the countries natural resources. Litter can be cleared up and people educated.

A problem we face In the west Is political correctness, where even what may well be an accurate observation about a particular race/ethnic group/people Is seenm as racist.

Let's hope the trend doesn't continue.

I don't know If there are anti littering campaigns running In Thailand, but If so, they don't appear to be working.

It doesn't appear to be a problem on Agoda for Doi Inthanont guesthouses. I checked the period between November 19 & 26 and there's plenty of space available.

Same goes for Doi Pahom Pok from December 17 to 20 at Booking.com

Maybe the director-general was referring to the period 2004-2005 since that was the last time they updated their site: http://www.dnp.go.th/Nature_knowledge/index_nature.asp

I think the article refers to the accommodation provided by the National Parks.
And the website you cited is wrong.
They have a new, working, on-line booking page, though it might be in Thai.
However you can make a call for reservation, they have English speaking staff.

On 1.11.2016 at 10:02 AM, BuaBS said:

Even the Thai hate this heat and want to enjoy the cool temperatures of northern national parks. Can't blame 'm .

I recommend you visit Scandinavia, much more refreshing there and lots of beds available of all the guys enjoying warm Thailand.