obtaining proof of income living in UK

10 hours ago, fabman5 said:

Regarding the medical  Roy111, how did you get round the tests for Leprosy , Terbercolosis , Drug addiction etc , it seems some GPs are signing the medical form easier than others

I have been with my GP some years now, so he knows I don't have any of these things and was happy to just fill in the form there and then. So I guess it is just luck of the draw on the attitude of your GP. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 5:50 PM, Roy111 said:

I have been with my GP some years now, so he knows I don't have any of these things and was happy to just fill in the form there and then. So I guess it is just luck of the draw on the attitude of your GP. 

I just got mine easily too, my GP quickly clocked the list of diseases as something belonging back in the nineteenth century. He checked my chest with a stethoscope and said he'd need to pull out my medical history, but returned the signed form later in the day. Charge was £15 for a non NHS service. 

Police report is £45, took about ten days online. Bank statement was a hotch-potch thrown together in the bank branch, combining a current account balance printed horizontally along with my address, then copied onto a vertical letter headed sheet with the bank logo and branch stamp. Looked messy, but they didn't charge for it, and it was accepted in the embassy .

Solicitors were generally quoting £5 per copy, though in the end they only charged £2 a copy. Notarisation is not necessary. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your replys from everyone

At the moment and the whole process has been a bit of a nightmare. Its working out really expensive, as i dont have medical records ( due to living out of the country for a long time ) they were put into storage after i left my last doctor and can take up to 6 months to get transferred to your new GP ! So here is how much roughly everything costs ..
£180 for a private medical
£125 for the visa
£45 for police check
£20 for soliciters stamp of documents
+ 2 days in London , dropping off visa and picking it up the next day + photos & a lot of aggravation.
The good thing about this visa is that you can stay in Thailand for up to 2 years

Because of the cost and aggravation though i am now thinking of going down the other route, can someone please give me advice on this information

I get a single entry tourist visa ( this allows me to stay in Thailand for 2 or 3 months ) cost £50
When there are less than 30 days left ( but more than 15 days ) i apply for the O,retirement visa ( which allows me to stay for another year ) cost 1900-2000 baht

With the proof of income i would have to go down the route of 800 thousand thai baht ( combined monthly income and savings ) does this money have to be in a Thai bank account or can your income and saving be in a UK savings accounts ?

Does the UK embassy accept bank statements as verifying proof of income or does it have to be more indepth

Thanks for any advice

17 minutes ago, fabman5 said:

I get a single entry tourist visa ( this allows me to stay in Thailand for 2 or 3 months ) cost £50
When there are less than 30 days left ( but more than 15 days ) i apply for the O,retirement visa ( which allows me to stay for another year ) cost 1900-2000 baht

With the proof of income i would have to go down the route of 800 thousand thai baht ( combined monthly income and savings ) does this money have to be in a Thai bank account or can your income and saving be in a UK savings accounts ?

Does the UK embassy accept bank statements as verifying proof of income or does it have to be more indepth

If you get the single entry tourist visa prior to February 28 there will be no fee for it.

You can apply for a change of visa status to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at any time during the 60 day entry from the tourist visa up to the last 15 days or the 30 day extension of it.

To use the combination of income and money in the bank it has to be in a Thai bank.

The UK embassy will want proof of the source of your income but the amount received can be proven by bank statements.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, RC8 said:

Would a P60 and some wage slips be adequate proof of income?

I have applied for a certificate of income from my employer but don't know how long that will take.

Where and for what do you need the proof of income.

After coming every month on visa exempt for 3 years I got pulled at swampy and told by the supervisor "I give you warning, next time you must get visa".

I was going to legalise my marriage to my Thai wife and get a M/E marriage visa in Savannakhet but could not get an appointment at the British Embassy in December.

Now back in the UK working offshore so will try to get an O-A from London. Failing that I have an appointment booked in late January at the British embassy to get the required paperwork and will go the marriage route in Lao - if they let me into Thailand that is!

I think it will be ok if I explain I will have a marriage visa next time.

14 minutes ago, RC8 said:

Same as the OP. To apply for an O-A visa from the Thai  Embassy in London

A tax return would probably be accepted but sure since you will no longer be working I assume. I think they would normally expect to see proof of pension or some other income such as from a rental property.

2 minutes ago, RC8 said:

Now back in the UK working offshore so will try to get an O-A from London. Failing that I have an appointment booked in late January at the British embassy to get the required paperwork and will go the marriage route in Lao - if they let me into Thailand that is!

The may accept you income if work on a rotation.

It might easier to get a single entry tourist visa for your next trip to here. Then get married and get the non-o visa.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A tax return would probably be accepted but sure since you will no longer be working I assume. I think they would normally expect to see proof of pension or some other income such as from a rental property.

The may accept you income if work on a rotation.

It might easier to get a single entry tourist visa for your next trip to here. Then get married and get the non-o visa.

Thanks Joe