Extension Renewal and travelling - timing question

So here the facts: Am on retirement extension with multi-entry permit. Extension runs out 17th of December, travel out of country from 6th to 12th Dec. Same time thinking about changing from retirement to marriage (many reasons). If I would NOT want to change from retirement to marriage, I would just apply for both extension and multi-entry permit before I travel out.

But since I want to change to marriage extension, I know i would get a 30day under consideration stamp and not sure how that would impact my travel. So here the question:

• If I decide to do the renewal and change of the extension AFTER my return, do I have to be specially careful at the airport about NOT getting a 30day Visa-excempt stamp, because the immigration officer at the airport might not want to allow me into the country with only 5 days left? 
  • If I decide to initiate the change of extension before my travel (i.e. end Nov / beginning Dec) and get the under-consideration stamp, would this invalidate the current extension / multi-entry permit? Would I have to make the immigration officer in Jomtien aware of my travel plans when I submit the paperwork?

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas

The immigration officer should stamp you in on your re-entry permit no matter how many days you have left on it. Be sure you put your re-entry permit number on the arrival card. Some officers might ask if you want to use the re-entry permit or get the 30 day visa exempt entry. Just check your stamp before leaving the arrival immigration area to be sure he used your re-entry permit.

If apply for the extension based upon marriage your current re-entry would be invalid. You would need to get a new re-entry permit for the under consideration period. Immigration will do a home visa after you do the application but will call to to arrange the date/time best for you. It would be to apply for the extension as early as possible (30 days) so that the visit would be done before you leave the country.

• Like 1