Koh Larn Recommendtions

2008bangkok

Thinking about taking the kids to Koh Larn for the day and maybe getting a hotel for the evening, Iv never been before so not sure what to expect, can anybody recommend any hotels for around 1000 that are walking distance to things, maybe night time market, food stalls etc.

Lareena Resort By the Sea Koh Lan

Just take the main ferry from Bali Hai peer and you'll land right next it, just past the island's only 7-11.  

Close by are motorbikes for rent tuktuks are around also for exploring.  Last time I went there were hoards of Chinese on the other side, this was before the last fatal ferry boat sinking or the Russian being kicked with sand for not renting a beach chair.

Hopefully things have improved there, I've never had any trouble there and have always enjoyed my stay. 

Edited by Rimmer
font

10 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

Lareena Resort By the Sea Koh Lan

Just take the main ferry from Bali Hai peer and you'll land right next it, just past the island's only 7-11.  

Close by are motorbikes for rent tuktuks are around also for exploring.  Last time I went there were hoards of Chinese on the other side, this was before the last fatal ferry boat sinking or the Russian being kicked with sand for not renting a beach chair.

Hopefully things have improved there, I've never had any trouble there and have always enjoyed my stay. 

Ferry from Bali Hi pier? Are they still running since the army clean up of the area?

4 hours ago, The manic said:

Ferry from Bali Hi pier? Are they still running since the army clean up of the area?

There are two options for drop off, different beaches, might be more, Russians used to get dropped off at Samae Beach

7 hours ago, The manic said:

Yes, as far as I know they are just cleaning up the parking mess or lack of parking by restricting boat trailer parking.

11 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

Thanks for the advice guys juts one more question.

What is the best most convenient beach to go to preferably one not to packed

Go on a wednesday when the renting of beach chairs is forbidden plenty of room and peace & quiet :thumbsup: