Red flags fly on Hua Hin beach warning against swimming in the sea

webfact

Red flags fly on Hua Hin beach warning against swimming in the sea

0311008.jpg

HUA HIN: -- Red flags were flown on Thursday on Hua Hin beach by hotels and resorts warning tourists against swimming in the sea due to high waves, strong winds and high tide.

Winds were stronger than yesterday and will remain so for the next couple of days as cyclone is forming south of Tonkin Bay off Vietnam, according to the Weatherman, its epic centre is slowly moving toward the Gulf of Thailand.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/red-flags-fly-on-hua-hin-beach-warning-against-swimming-in-the-sea/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-04

how many people really know what a red flag means at a beach, and furthermore will notice it? They should put up signs in the sand or something, but one would imagine people should have common sense to look at the sea and conclude 'na I think I'll stay out today' 

how many people really know what a red flag means at a beach, and furthermore will notice it? They should put up signs in the sand or something, but one would imagine people should have common sense to look at the sea and conclude 'na I think I'll stay out today' 

Most don't understand red at traffic lights.

"Winds were stronger than yesterday and will remain so for the next couple of days as cyclone is forming south of Tonkin Bay off Vietnam, according to the Weatherman, its epic centre is slowly moving toward the Gulf of Thailand."

Looks like it's going to be an epic storm....

Now I know what those red flags were for I saw every now and then in my year living in HH.  There were a few drownings whilst I was there, and it was certainly surprising on our move to Da Nang, Vietnam to see actual Lifeguards patrolling the beach in large numbers.  Not sure if they can actually swim or not but they take the job half serious and there is plenty of whistle blowing.  Just think of the parking attendants at Market Village.  They even have designated swimming areas etc...

....jeez.......who is to make the association....???

....'lifeguards'....'on the payroll'....should actually be working for their money....manning the beaches...patrolling....

...or close the beaches....

...people pay thousands to come here....

...and they take their lives in their hands...

.....at every turn....beaches...sidewalks...streets...cars...vans...buses....etc....

...30 million people (?) a year......

...come on....

...this is ridiculous....

1 hour ago, The man from udon said:

I made a similar comment :- "And this is news?" and it disappeared!

Must be the way I tell 'em!

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I made a similar comment :- "And this is news?" and it disappeared!

Must be the way I tell 'em!

3 hours ago, The man from udon said: "Red flags put up on beach..great story.does Thailand get this boring in low season.next it'll be traffic lights turn green in villid or man loses flip flop in 7-11."