This site cannot be reached

somo

I am getting this message nearly all the time when trying to open a site. Sometimes it resolves itself and the site opens. 

Sometimes clicking the 'open stored site' button works. My internet speed is fine but I wonder if my server, CAT, is screening all these sites or am I being paranoid?

Anyone else have this problem?

I have been having exactly the same problems recently using either Chrome or Opera browsers.

I  thought it may have just been me also.    Apparently not but none the wiser either.

Seems to work for a while then a "random" site I want to visit hangs up with a reload often working but not always.  Maybe something to do with the new undersea cable but seems too intermittent for that.  

Maybe the powers that be are checking us out? 

On my daily routine of opening about a dozen sites from a bookmark folder I do not see this message today nor yesterday (currently on a public WiFi of TTT/3BB in Pattaya).

Also browsing through multiple dozens of news reports from different sources/locations no such problem.

No problems on the smartphone using AIS mobile data.

Must be something specific.

DNS problem? Do you have a specific DNS setup?

Examples?

Just opened about 30 different sites from bookmark folders with only one problem which is seemingly a dead/outdated link to Bangkok Bank.

Have just used a tool to check my 320 bookmarks for Firefox.

5 show some specific error (not found, bad request, forbidden) which has nothing to do with timeout or the like.

It was very bad a couple of days ago for me but has "eased up" since.

It has happened on 2 sites today only so far.  It does seem intermittent as you can reload (maybe a few times) and get to the site.

I'll post a screenshot here next time it comes up.

Archived