Four foreigners arrested in Hua Hin

webfact

Four foreigners arrested for theft

Phuket Gazette 

pkt1.jpeg          

The suspects were apprehended in Hua Hin. Photo: Suchat Hankij

HUA HIN: Four foreigners were arrested in Hua Hin on Wednesday for breaking into a car and stealing 188,000 baht in cash in Surat Thani on Monday.

The suspects were named as Nofadly Bin Bakhtiar from Malaysia, and Asis Bin Bakar, Agung Pratama and Arie Darma from Indonesia. 

“On Monday, the victim, 72-year-old Niyom Srisawat, withdrew 188,000 baht in cash from a Krung Thai Bank branch in Surat Thani about 10:30am. He put the money in a brown envelope inside his pick-up truck and then drove to Wat Klang Mai,” said Surat Thani Provincial Police Commander Apichart Boonsriroj.

“He parked his truck there and walked into the temple. When he returned to his truck about 12:30pm, he found that the window of his truck had been smashed and the cash taken.” 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Four-foreigners-arrested-theft/65813?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-11-04

6 minutes ago, harrycallahan said:

By chance they came across that amount? Or someone in the bank tipped them off?

Most likely saw him make the withdrawal and followed him .

How would the bank people know where he was going to after he left the bank ?

172,000baht left alone in the car. Can hardly blame the thieves. Niyom Srisawat is an idiot. Absolute moron.

Just like my home. Even though I lock the doors, I always remove everything from the house before I go out. Just so I am not labeled a moron if someone should break in to my private property and steal something.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

is everyone clearly missing the obvious...................

Theives dont have a 6th sense, and i doubt they were just breaking into random trucks

They knew the money would be inside that truck at that time

Obviously they had set something up with the victim

(this sounds similar to the guy who car was robbed of a few mkillion baht by some colombians in bkk)

They setup a deal with the guy, he goes withdraw the cash, then they rob the cash

most likely the guy was going to the temple to balance out his karma for what he was about to do (or thought he was) with the cash

Edited by mki8

12 hours ago, lust said:

172,000baht left alone in the car. Can hardly blame the thieves. Niyom Srisawat is an idiot. Absolute moron.

Actually, the absolute morons are the ones who "can hardly blame the thieves"...   Yeah.  I blame the thieves.  Cut their hands off.  

come on.  you know this is fishy.  Quite possible the thieves somehow knew or saw or got wind of the fact the guy withdrew so much cash.  Partial inside job, casual observation or whatever.  But why did the guy withdraw so much cash?  Coerced?  Induced?    If that answer makes any sense then ask why then leave the cash in the car?  Could be just an old man that is not that smart, but I doubt it. 

On 11/5/2016 at 11:25 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Sounds like times were tough for  these Foreign guys.  Hope they get lots of rice in jail.

Maybe some fresh protein as well, ha ha.

Rats.

Geezer

Fresh protein? More likely meat in the can.

• 2 weeks later...