Limit on visas and extensions

42 minutes ago, elviajero said:

What agreement does the IATA have with Thailand that the supervisor would be violating?

See http://www.iata.org/publications/timatic/Pages/timatic-sourcing.aspx.

The process goes as follows:

• Thai immigration informs IATA of changes in requirements. About 1,000 other authorities also keep IATA up to date on requirements.
  • On a monthly basis, IATA updates the Travel Information Manual (TIM), as well as making the information available in an online database.
  • Airlines, travel agents and others pay a subscription for access to the IATA TIM and the database.
  • It is accepted by most countries that validating travelers as admissible under the rules laid out in the TIM shows a good faith attempt to screen passengers' rights to enter at the destination.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, BritTim said:

See http://www.iata.org/publications/timatic/Pages/timatic-sourcing.aspx.

The process goes as follows:

• Thai immigration informs IATA of changes in requirements. About 1,000 other authorities also keep IATA up to date on requirements.
  • On a monthly basis, IATA updates the Travel Information Manual (TIM), as well as making the information available in an online database.
  • Airlines, travel agents and others pay a subscription for access to the IATA TIM and the database.
  • It is accepted by most countries that validating travelers as admissible under the rules laid out in the TIM shows a good faith attempt to screen passengers' rights to enter at the destination.

I still don't understand which agreement the IATA have with Thailand that the supervisor would be violating.

As far as I am aware the IATA advise the airlines of the immigration requirements for each country, and it is up to the airline whether or not they follow the advice. If they transport someone in breach of Thailands immigration act/rules the airline are subject to the penalties under the act and the IATA doesn't come in to it.

IATA simply serves as a clearinghouse for publishing entry requirements. There's no "agreement" between airlines and IATA to follow the published requirements. That's between the individual airlines and the individual countries.

• 2 years later...
On 11/5/2016 at 11:13 PM, dentonian said:

Back to back Visa exempts will be scrutinised and could lead to a refusal.

Far safer to get a Tourist Visa, or at least alternate.

There are no limits on extensions.

same as always, no written rules... I thought farangs from EU/USA could do many of those in a row ?

always some <deleted> immigration officer that wants to give you their 2 satang and sadly have to power to enforce crap when all you want to be is with your family or whatever

i was told as im here often at immigration that after 2 but in some cases 3 30 days visits you must go and get a visa at your visa office in your country . i have asked going in and coming out of suvarnbuhumi airport , going out i asked asked at the immigration after passport control and told you will not need a visa if for 30 days or less coming in and on coming in i asked why am i being held to the side here ? they replied your at arrivals when i told them about what i asked going out they said this is arrivals not departures. so i said are you all told different things they did not reply its a farce they dont know who is doing what .