Cheese cloth

scoutman360

some years ago we bought cheese cloth in the local traditional market in our little town in Suphanburi...I can't remember now what I needed it for...

and there are plenty of traditional markets in BKK...ye just need to see what the thai word is fer 'cheesecloth'...folks use it for making the local unpackaged fresh bean curd/tofu...ye might wanna ask some vendors of fresh tofu ('tahu') down the market...

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2016 at 2:38 AM, dddave said:

There is a bakery supply store opposite my soi (16) off Sukhumvit71 that had cheesecloth in stock my last time there.  I'll check and post tomorrow (Wednesday)

Checked yesterday..."Sorry...Mai Mii."

1 hour ago, zeichen said:

any fabric market would sell muslin cloth. Just get a fine mesh muslin cloth for about 20 baht a mteter.Why pay so much from specialty shops? Total waste of money,

If I have a choice between forking over $5-8 and waiting for the postman to deliver cheesecloth, or spending an hour or more scrounging through fabric shops hoping to find a muslim substitute, and then hoping it works like cheesecloth and hoping the sizing from the mill, the dust from storage, and the moth repellent doesn't poison me, I'm going online.

i had an old shirt made from "Sheer" Fabric.

when I double it up, it works perfectly as cheese-cloth.

here are some photos of sheer fabric so you have an idea:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=""sheer"+material&rlz=1C1CHWL_enTH723TH723&biw=1366&bih=648&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTyNyX36rRAhUFNY8KHcIoDxMQ_AUIBigB

Archived