Children killed in airstrike on Damascus nursery

webfact

Children killed in airstrike on Damascus nursery

Catherine Hardy

606x341_348867.jpg

DAMASCUS: -- At least six children have been killed in a Syrian government airstrike on a nursery in a rebel-held district of Damascus.

The activist organisation the “Unified Medical Bureau of Eastern Ghouta” has reported the death toll.

The group says more than 25 children were wounded.

Injured adults and children have been treated at facilities in the suburb of Harasta.

The group is blaming government forces for the shelling, which reportedly happened mid-morning during playtime.

Heartbreaking images

Pictures taken at the scene show young children covered in blood and being treated in hospital.

A tiled floor, strewn with toys, seems to be splattered with blood.

A rebel stronghold

Harasta is in the rebel stronghold of Eastern Ghouta, outside Damascus.

The region is regularly targeted by government air strikes and shelling.

More than 300,000 people have been killed in Syria since the conflict began with anti-government protests in March 2011.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-11-07

22 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

No...the originating cause is the Obama/Clinton "regime change" policy for Syria...and Libya...and Iran...and Russia...need I go on?

Please don't.  It's well known what sparked the civil war in Syria.  It was regime change.  Brought on by those in Syria who were being repressed.  By both father and son.  Easy to find this info out.

Edited by craigt3365

21 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Please don't.  It's well known what sparked the civil war in Syria.  It was regime change.  Brought on by those in Syria who were being repressed.  By both father and son.  Easy to find this info out.

actually, that's not true.

the origins of the civil war in Syria have been well repeated over and over, but objectively it remains a controversial issue.

as I outlined in this post:

the Syrian revolution might as well have been organized.

4 minutes ago, manarak said:

actually, that's not true.

the origins of the civil war in Syria have been well repeated over and over, but objectively it remains a controversial issue.

as I outlined in this post:

the Syrian revolution might as well have been organized.

Links from Global Research?  Really?  Jeez...

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch

Globalresearch is an anti-"Western" website that can't distinguish between serious analysis and discreditable junk -- and so publishes both. It's basically the moonbat equivalent to Infowars or WND.

While some of GlobalResearch's articles discuss legitimate humanitarian concerns, its view of science, economics, and geopolitics is conspiracist -- if something goes wrong, the Jews West didit! The site has long been a crank magnet: If you disagree with "Western" sources on 9/11, or HAARP, or vaccines, or H1N1, or climate change, or anything published by the "mainstream" media, then GlobalResearch is guaranteed to have a page you will love.

For better or worse, I'll stick with what Wikipedia says, repeated by other reputable news outlets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

The Syrian Civil War (Arabic: الحرب الأهلية السورية‎‎) is an ongoing multi-sided armed conflict in Syria in which international interventions[129] have taken place. The war grew out of the unrest of the 2011 Arab Spring and escalated to armed conflict after President Bashar al-Assad's government violently repressed protests calling for his removal.[130]

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

Links from Global Research?  Really?  Jeez...

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch

For better or worse, I'll stick with what Wikipedia says, repeated by other reputable news outlets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

at least Wikipedia stays on the safe side, they don't say what caused the unrest.

as to the link on globalresearch, it is the only page I found that summarizes the contents of Bensaada's book. If you find another... ?

6 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

And only 3,000 in 9/11? Seems like human life is more important in some places than others. 

Sadly, it is.  Lucky for us living in the West.  Syria could have stopped this years ago, but decided not to.

16 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Sadly, it is.  Lucky for us living in the West.  Syria could have stopped this years ago, but decided not to.

Yes your right and to take it a step further if the US would have stayed out of foreign wars maybe 9/11 would not have happened. I am doing a turn around about this episode in my thinking. George Bush was a nothing president till 9/11 and all of a sudden it was mission accomplished. After Googling on 9/11 I am of the opinion good ole George was not as dumb as he let on and of course he had Neo handlers to push him in the right direction.

Just now, elgordo38 said:

Yes your right and to take it a step further if the US would have stayed out of foreign wars maybe 9/11 would not have happened. I am doing a turn around about this episode in my thinking. George Bush was a nothing president till 9/11 and all of a sudden it was mission accomplished. After Googling on 9/11 I am of the opinion good ole George was not as dumb as he let on and of course he had Neo handlers to push him in the right direction.

Maybe.  It sure didn't help, that's for sure.  Did you read that guys tweet I posted above?