Multi Entry Non-Immigrant “O” Visa Based on Marriage from Savannakhet

Presently i am having a Non -O marriage single entry visa which i apply at vientane on sept n expire on 19 dec.i am going to savanakhet tomorrow to apply for a 1 year multiple entries visa.is it a problem if i go tomorrow cos my present visa expire 19th dec .will the consulate in savanakhet issue me a 1 year multiple entries non o visa if i go tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, kanjana345 said:

Presently i am having a Non -O marriage single entry visa which i apply at vientane on sept n expire on 19 dec.i am going to savanakhet tomorrow to apply for a 1 year multiple entries visa.is it a problem if i go tomorrow cos my present visa expire 19th dec .will the consulate in savanakhet issue me a 1 year multiple entries non o visa if i go tomorrow.

No you will have no problem as it's a single entry once you go out its finished so you will have no problem 

Edited by Deepinthailand

I'm planning on getting a non-o marriage multi-entry next year when my SETV winds down.

Can anyone confirm that the 90 day exit/re-entry can be made by land as I've read elsewhere that some people are having problems using overland re-entry. It would prohibitive for me to fly out and back as I will be living in Surin only 40km from the Cambodian border crossing at Chong Chom.

Simon

17 minutes ago, SimonD said:

I'm planning on getting a non-o marriage multi-entry next year when my SETV winds down.

Can anyone confirm that the 90 day exit/re-entry can be made by land as I've read elsewhere that some people are having problems using overland re-entry. It would prohibitive for me to fly out and back as I will be living in Surin only 40km from the Cambodian border crossing at Chong Chom.

Simon

Only 2 reports of having a problem at Poi Pet and others have done it at other crossings since then. One hearsay post about Ranong.

IMO nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

4 hrs by bus. Google bus times from udon thani to Mukdahan will give you all times if your plane lands at 1730 by the time you clear the airport ect could be worth staying in Udon for night.

I think staying the night in Udon would make it touch and go to be in Savannakhet before 11:00 the following morning to apply for the visa. In fact, I doubt you would make it, even using the first bus and asking to be dropped at the bridge. I would recommend traveling on immediately to Mukdahan even if that means a late arrival.  From recollection, 4 hours from Udon to Mukdahan is pretty optimistic, and it may not be easy to get a bus at all when looking for one after 18:00, but I would try. You may end up on a  late night bus on the way to Ubon, but I would take that if that is your only option.

No way you will make it back to Udon in time for your 18:00 flight 24 November unless you get your visa sorted the day before. I think that makes it even more imperative to somehow get to Mukdahan (or at least closer than Udon) tomorrow. You really must make the application on the 22nd.

16 minutes ago, kanjana345 said:

What time does the last bus leave from udon thani to mudahan. Any mini van goed to mudahan from udon thani

I have read there are taxis available no idea on cist but I think it may be your only hope. can you not get an earlier flight.

Found this how accurate it is no idea 

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Udon-Thani/Mukdahan

Edited by Deepinthailand

9 hours ago, kanjana345 said:

What time does the last bus leave from udon thani to mudahan. Any mini van goed to mudahan from udon thani

I cannot answer your question, but I think you will be very lucky to get a direct bus around 18:00. There might be an overnight bus. If all else fails, consider getting to Nakhon Phanom. I believe there are early morning minibuses from there to Mukdahan and only about a two hour journey.

Based on previous experience of such matters, stay calm on arrival, and ask several people for advice in how to be in Mukdahan that night or early the next morning. Hopefully, someone will have a good idea.

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for any advice given in here. Without wanting to start a new thread I thought this might be a good place to pst the following.

I have read through a lot of threads and searched online for the answers to my questions but I am still unsure of the best way forward.

In the very near future I intend to move to Thailand. I am lucky in that at 53 I have been able to finish work and already have a house in Thailand with my Thai wife.

I will receive my last pay cheque in November and have sold our house in the UK. We will be able to live reasonably comfortably in Thailand on the proceeds and when my Pension kicks in.

I expect the house sale to be finalised in January and would like to go to Thailand as soon as possible after receiving the funds.

I have been looking at Non Immigrant visas for both retirement and based on having a Thai spouse. The only problem is that between now and the house sale my bank account will not be looking too healthy so in January I will not be able to show bank accounts showing either the 800K/400K Baht requirement for either the 2 or 3 months you are supposed to have to receive the visa.

Therefore what do I have to do to be able to leave for Thailand on sale completion?
Would i just have to get a 60/90 day tourist visa and then get a Thai bank account when I am there, transfer money in and then wait the 2 or 3 months? Then do I apply to Thai immigration in Bangkok? Or do I have to wait in the UK until the money has been in my UK account for long enough to then apply to the Thai Embassy in London? 

The other option seems to be Savvanakhet, should I get marriage visa here? Then would I have to go back there every 90 days?

This would be a 12-14 hour round trip from Sikhio district where our house is.

If that is the case would I then be able to apply in Thailand at the end of the 12-15 month visa period? Would this be Bangkok or can it be done at the nearest Immigration office which I presume is Korat.

If you have money in a Thai bank account, who is able to witness that the funds are there?

4 minutes ago, Jim Mac said:

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for any advice given in here. Without wanting to start a new thread I thought this might be a good place to pst the following.

I have read through a lot of threads and searched online for the answers to my questions but I am still unsure of the best way forward.

In the very near future I intend to move to Thailand. I am lucky in that at 53 I have been able to finish work and already have a house in Thailand with my Thai wife.

I will receive my last pay cheque in November and have sold our house in the UK. We will be able to live reasonably comfortably in Thailand on the proceeds and when my Pension kicks in.

I expect the house sale to be finalised in January and would like to go to Thailand as soon as possible after receiving the funds.

I have been looking at Non Immigrant visas for both retirement and based on having a Thai spouse. The only problem is that between now and the house sale my bank account will not be looking too healthy so in January I will not be able to show bank accounts showing either the 800K/400K Baht requirement for either the 2 or 3 months you are supposed to have to receive the visa.

Therefore what do I have to do to be able to leave for Thailand on sale completion?
Would i just have to get a 60/90 day tourist visa and then get a Thai bank account when I am there, transfer money in and then wait the 2 or 3 months? Then do I apply to Thai immigration in Bangkok? Or do I have to wait in the UK until the money has been in my UK account for long enough to then apply to the Thai Embassy in London? 

The other option seems to be Savvanakhet, should I get marriage visa here? Then would I have to go back there every 90 days?

This would be a 12-14 hour round trip from Sikhio district where our house is.

If that is the case would I then be able to apply in Thailand at the end of the 12-15 month visa period? Would this be Bangkok or can it be done at the nearest Immigration office which I presume is Korat.

If you have money in a Thai bank account, who is able to witness that the funds are there?

I suggest you get a single or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage from the embassy in London. No financial proof will be needed.

If you got the single entry visa you could apply for a 60 day extension of the 90 day entry from it at immigration. It appears that would give you enough time to have the money in the account to apply for an extension based upon retirement (60 days) or marriage (2 months).

23 minutes ago, Jim Mac said:

Thanks UbonJoe. The financial requirements are confusing.

You don't need financial to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the embassy.

If you are not leaving the UK until you have the funds the single entry non-o visa would allow enough time for the funds to be in the bank if you transferred the money shortly after your arrived in the country.

For an extension based upon marriage the 400k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply. For retirement the 800k baht has to be in the bank for 60 days for the first extension and 3 months after that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim Mac said:

Thanks again. I have downloaded the Visa application form and it asks for Monthly income and amount of savings. Should I put what I expect to have when the house sale is complete?

This application form from the embassy in London does not ask for any financial proof. http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/Consular/Form/visaapplication15.pdf

It seems you download this form for the non-oa long stay visa. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/forms/Long Stay.pdf

The requirements for the OA visa is much different than a non-o based upon marriage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am off there tomorrow,for a Non-0 .Quick question,wife and me live in Bangkok,her house book is in Ubon Ractahthani,so do I put I live In Ubon or my Address in Bangkok?

Thinking if I need to extend at Chang Wattana in the future and they ask for proof of address.

And I have come to Ubon and not brought my condo lease agreement with me.

2 minutes ago, jimbob333 said:

I am off there tomorrow,for a Non-0 .Quick question,wife and me live in Bangkok,her house book is in Ubon Ractahthani,so do I put I live In Ubon or my Address in Bangkok?

Thinking if I need to extend at Chang Wattana in the future and they ask for proof of address.

And I have come to Ubon and not brought my condo lease agreement with me.

You will use your Bangkok address for the application. The address in her house book is not important.

You will apply for your extension at Chaeng Wattana and show proof of residence by showing the lease agreement for the condo.

4 minutes ago, jimbob333 said:

But we have forgot our condo agreement,do they normally ask for proof of address or not?As I may have to fly back to Bangkok to pick up my agreement.

They do not ask for proof of address to apply for the visa.

2 hours ago, jimbob333 said:

But we have forgot our condo agreement,do they normally ask for proof of address or not?As I may have to fly back to Bangkok to pick up my agreement.

I was never asked for proof of address when I went there but I did have a signed copy of my wife's Tabien Baan. If you don't have a TB, someone else more knowledgeable than me will have to respond.

On 11/8/2016 at 0:04 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

Honorary Thai consulates are losing their right to issue multi entry visa all around the world, and the right to issue multi entry visas is being given to Thai embassies.

do you have a source for that? e.g. an announcement from thai immigration in english or thai?

Is Savannakhet still an exception?