Multi Entry Non-Immigrant “O” Visa Based on Marriage from Savannakhet

very good and accurate information in the report you have done there ,and this will help lots of people.

I had a little laugh when the bus left without you,I suppose it would of left me as well if my wife hadn't kept it there while I waited on them to do my visa.

4 minutes ago, griffinz said:

Can I get  type o multiple entry  in Thailand .for the last two yes I have got it from the embassy in London .ball ache as I work offshore nightmare with my passports 

You can get the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet without a problem. No financial proof will be needed.

I spoke to the Thai consulate in Cardiff today and they have said they do not issue Non O multiple entry visa's no more since last month they said.Can't we get a Non O multiple entry at all now in UK even when married to a thai ?Any information would be appreciated.They said they only issue a Non O 90 day now but not multiple entry .

Edited by Ade1g

3 minutes ago, Ade1g said:

I spoke to the Thai consulate in Cardiff today and they have said they do not issue Non O multiple entry visa's no more since last month they said.Can't we get a Non O multiple entry at all now in UK even when married to a thai ?Any information would be appreciated.They said they only issue a Non O 90 day now but not multiple entry .

They are giving out false info as far as I know. Only honorary consulates are no longer allowed to issue multiple entry visas. The embassy in London can and will still do them.

Ubonjoe is right. I got my multi non O based on marriage at Thai Embassy London a few weeks back. I applied by post. £125 plus £10 for return postage. You need to pay by postal order if doing via post. This will cost you another £12.50. Prompt service. Posted Monday and got it back Thursday.

@houstoniron

just confirm the visa you receive is only valid for 3 months -- i see on at point 4 on the visa application period of stay is 90 days ------- why did you not get a 1 year multiple entry non o visa ?

If you have to pay Bht. 5000 for a visa each 3 months it is rather expensive considering hotel, transport, visa and other charges it will be close to Bht. 20 000 a year

1 hour ago, royalmice said:

@houstoniron

just confirm the visa you receive is only valid for 3 months -- i see on at point 4 on the visa application period of stay is 90 days ------- why did you not get a 1 year multiple entry non o visa ?

If you have to pay Bht. 5000 for a visa each 3 months it is rather expensive considering hotel, transport, visa and other charges it will be close to Bht. 20 000 a year

Non o multi entry gives you permission to stay when re entering Thailand for 90 days. You then can leave and re enter and get another 90 days on the same visa. You can do this untill the vis a expires. Hence non o MUTI entry visa.

If you got a 90 day visa, you could have come to Thailand and extended that for a year based on your marriage to a Thai here in Thailand at your local immigration office  in Thailand.

You would have to meet the financial requirements however for that extension which would have been:

• 400K Thai Baht in a local Bank account in your name
  • OR  an income of 40K  baht equivalent monthly

Then with the same financials you could have then renewed that extension annually as long as you remained married.

That would have meant the control of your marriage visa,extension was with your local Thai immigration i0ffice n Thailand.

Personally, that is what I believe the Thai immigration authorities wanted, and why they took away the issuing authority outside of Thailand from the honoray  consulates around the world.

This also is being applied in the U.S. and other countries worldwide.

Honorary Thai consulates are losing their right to issue multi entry visa all around the world, and the right to issue multi entry visas is being given to Thai embassies.

Consolidation of power to the center means more central control.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
correct typo

5 hours ago, Ade1g said:

So Consulates can't issue a Non O but the Embassy in London will ?

What documentation did you send copy marriage and all the other normal stuff?

Yes. I sent along copies of the following:

UK marriage certificate

Wife thai passport

Wife I'd card

All signed by her and I also signed marriage certificate . 

I also sent along last 3 month bank statement showing income £1,400 per month. But I'm not quite sure this was needed but I sent just in case.

Hi 
Thank you for posting your report.houstoniron

I just have a couple of questions .
1 As others have asked did you get a 12 month multi entry Via or a 90 day multi entry Visa ?
Because looking at your application  it looks like you applied for 90 day Multi entry.
2. The dates the term “Air”  used in question  4   seem to be  incorrect for the story. (I’m suggesting a mistake was made and it was not picked up the consulate issuing the Visa) .
Reasoning as follows.
You made Visa  application outside of Thailand .
You made the application on 1 November 2016
You went by Bus from Laos to Thailand.  ( It may have been a hair raising ride and the Bus  may have felt like it was  Flying  I think it should not be called “by AIR”)
If you were making the application in Thailand I see no problem with the answers for the story.
But making application outside of Thailand  on 1 November 2016 and travelling by Bus from Laos to Thailand  the answerers to question 4 should be like this .

Date of Arrival in Thailand ? Should be a date after your application  a date like 4 November 2016 
NOTE: you are not in Thailand now you are in Laos.

Travelling by ? Road /Bus

Date of your previous visit to Thailand ?(I’m thinking the answer should be a date range not your previous arrival date  so the answer based on your story  should be something like this ) 16 September 2016 - 31 October 2016.

If you could confirm if you got a multi entery 90 day visa or a 12 month multi entery visa  allowing you to say 90 days per visit ?

Thank You.

18 minutes ago, jumlong said:

Hi 

1 As others have asked did you get a 12 month multi entry Via or a 90 day multi entry Visa ?
Because looking at your application  it looks like you applied for 90 day Multi entry.
2. The dates the term “Air”  used in question  4   seem to be  incorrect for the story. (I’m suggesting a mistake was made and it was not picked up the consulate issuing the Visa) .
Reasoning as follows.
You went by Bus from Laos to Thailand.  ( It may have been a hair raising ride and the Bus  may have felt like it was  Flying  I think it should not be called “by AIR”)
If you were making the application in Thailand I see no problem with the answers for the story.
But making application outside of Thailand  on 1 November 2016 and travelling by Bus from Laos to Thailand  the answerers to question 4 should be like this .

Date of Arrival in Thailand ? Should be a date after your application  a date like 4 November 2016 

Date of your previous visit to Thailand ?(I’m thinking the answer should be a date range not your previous arrival date  so the answer based on your story  should be something like this ) 16 September 2016 - 31 October 2016.

If you could confirm if you got a multi entery 90 day visa or a 12 month multi entery visa  allowing you to say 90 days per visit ?

Thank You.

Question 4 is incorrect date of arrival in thailand agreed  and correct for the last time he entered thailand . he clearly states a non o multi entry based on marriage  ergo multiple 90 day entries for the life of the visa (one year)

Edited by Deepinthailand

7 hours ago, hounddog said:

Ubonjoe is right. I got my multi non O based on marriage at Thai Embassy London a few weeks back. I applied by post. £125 plus £10 for return postage. You need to pay by postal order if doing via post. This will cost you another £12.50. Prompt service. Posted Monday and got it back Thursday.

The rules started 1st Nov according to Cardiff, have you obtained one since then ?? 

8 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

The rules started 1st Nov according to Cardiff, have you obtained one since then ?? 

My brother has today 8th nov recived back through the post fifteen minutes ago, his Passport with his non o multi entry visa based on marriage from the London Embassy. He tells me he sent it last wednesday 2nd Nov.  so they would have recived and sanctioned it after the 1st nov. He also tells me the consulate at Hull rang him last Tuesday to inform him they had given him the wrong information re not being able to get a non o based on marriage in the UK.  London Embasy still can and do

Edited by Deepinthailand

8 hours ago, royalmice said:

@houstoniron

My visa is for 12 months, every 90 days you must leave the country and come back in again. Actually it is a 15 month visa because you can leave the country and return on the day of expiry and get another 90 days. 5,000 Baht for a one year visa.

2 hours ago, jumlong said:

Hi 

Reasoning as follows.

Thank You.

Hi 

I got a 1 year visa and every 90 days you must leave Thailand and return.

the form asked how you came into Thailand, the last time i came in a came by plane, hence the reason i put air. you are right i should have put land but i was thinking about the entry before i crossed the bridge.

Reasoning as follows.

you are probably right but they never asked questions.

12 month multi-entry non O based on marriage. i think all non O you must leave the country after 90 days.

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kanjana345 said:

I am flying from chaing mai to udon thani airport. Can anyone tell me what is the fastest transport to mudahan n what time the border close at mudahan.

Seems to be a bus.

The easiest way to get to Mukdahan from Udon is the Sahamit Bus (not sure about the spelling). It's a green and white bus that goes from Udon to Ubon Rachatani, via Sakon Nakhon. Not VIP, but OK. From Udon it runs in the mornings, First bus about 05:30, last bus 12:30. it will take about 4 hours or so to get to Mukdahan.  If those times are still correct you would be pushing it to get to the Embassy in time for that day (9am to 11 am to put papers in) I belive the visa on entry closes at 1800. I rekons your best bet is the 12.30 bus  and either  go over that day and spend two nights in savannakhet  or one night in mukdahan and go over on first bus next day then one night in savannakhet.

Edited by Deepinthailand
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kanjana345 said:

My flight will arrive udon thani 17.30pm.which means I can't make it in time to the border.so i have to stay 1 night in mudahan n go to savanakhet the next morning. Am.i correct?

If the bus times are the same you will have a night in Udon Thani first then it would be tight to get to the Embassy the next day using the 0530 bus 0930 at mukdahan if it's on time then a bus to border do the immigration back on bus to laos immigration. even with a tuk tuk to embassy it would be tight.

7 hours ago, kanjana345 said:

I am flying from chaing mai to udon thani airport. Can anyone tell me what is the fastest transport to mudahan n what time the border close at mudahan.

The easiest way used to be a minibus service run by Ploy Travel (Ploy Palace Hotel Mukdahan). I cannot confirm whether this still runs. If it does, you need to book in advance. My notes have:

Tel no. for booking: 042-630-562, 042-631-123 (office hour to book): 08:00-17:00. Price in 2013 was 350 baht

Unless you already have a visa in advance, forget about crossing the bridge after about 6:00 pm as the visa on arrival service has usually closed by then. If you do happen to already have a visa, I think you can cross using a taxi until about 9:30 pm, but frankly staying in Mukdahan is preferable anyway.

13 hours ago, kanjana345 said:

About the only transport is a bus to Mukdahan is the station in the city. I assume if you wanted to spend the money you might find a taxi to the bridge.

The bridge closes at 10 pm but the Lao visa on arrival office officially closes at 6 pm. Sometimes they are open later if they are busy. If you get there late it would be best to get a room in Mukdahan and take the first bus to Savannakhet from the bus station.