Multi Entry Non-Immigrant “O” Visa Based on Marriage from Savannakhet

2 minutes ago, julot said:

do you have a source for that? e.g. an announcement from thai immigration in english or thai?

Is Savannakhet still an exception?

There have been many reports of  honorary Thai consulates not being able issue them.

The consulate in Savannakhet is a official Thai consulate so there are no changes there. 

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been many reports of  honorary Thai consulates not being able issue them.

The consulate in Savannakhet is a official Thai consulate so there are no changes there. 

ok. I missed the honorary vs official part. good news then. thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Good news! I today received my Non O Single entry from London.

I sent my application on Monday and received it back today, Friday.

The items I supplied with the application were,

My Passport plus a copy.

Copies of my wifes passport and Thai ID card

Original plus copy of our marriage certificate.

My Birth Certificate plus copy.

I put our address in Thailand on the form but no proof of this was asked for.

No financials were supplied.

I now have until 17th of April to enter.

Many Thanks to UbonJoe for your invaluable help, you are a Gent.

• 11 months later...
On 11/8/2016 at 8:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can get the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet without a problem. No financial proof will be needed.

am just looking for some information on multiple entry non o based upon marriage in Savannakhet  

once someone get that enter Thailand what he need to do every 90 day, exit thailand came back in again as border run , because that visa is valied for one year . is this true 

thanks am sorry if this is old news just like to get the right info ,   

6 hours ago, patrick1968 said:

am just looking for some information on multiple entry non o based upon marriage in Savannakhet  

once someone get that enter Thailand what he need to do every 90 day, exit thailand came back in again as border run , because that visa is valied for one year . is this true 

Yes, unless you apply for an extension of stay (easy 60-day with no financial proof, or the more difficult one-year extension with financial proof) you must do a border bounce every 90 days.

17 hours ago, patrick1968 said:

Yes ,every 90 days, you must depart Thailand. when you return you get another 90 days. if you depart and return the day before your visa expires, you get another 90 days even throug the visa has expired, so a 12 month visa can actually be a 15 month visa.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, houstoniron said:

Yes ,every 90 days, you must depart Thailand. when you return you get another 90 days. if you depart and return the day before your visa expires, you get another 90 days even throug the visa has expired, so a 12 month visa can actually be a 15 month visa.

thank you so much for the information thanks 

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Is there a limit to the number of times one can apply for back to back Multi Entry Non-Immigrant "O" Visa based on Marriage from Savannakhet?

Not at this time. There are people that have already done it 4 or 5 times already.

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not at this time. There are people that have already done it 4 or 5 times already.

A friend of mine went to Savannakhet two days ago to get his first one year, multi-entry non O visa based on Marriage. He was only given a 90 single entry visa and was told a one year visa was no longer available.

Anybody else been told the same??

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, sumrit said:

A friend of mine went to Savannakhet two days ago to get his first one year, multi-entry non O visa based on Marriage. He was only given a 90 single entry visa and was told a one year visa was no longer available.

Anybody else been told the same??

Have YOU Heard anything about this Joe,I'm due to go down there next Month.....

Edited by Nong Khai Man

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen not other reports about it and I am sure there would of been others if it was happening to everybody since there are several members go there for the same visa.

It probably was a one off occurrence for a reason not mentioned,

Thanks Joe. He wasn't given a reason and didn't ask either.

14 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

I just called the agent in front of the consulate in Sawannakhet, he confirmed they started ask for financial proof since the 2nd of January.

Was that for a non-imm o based on marriage or for a tourist visa. When I was there a week ago a person, EU passport holder, had to show financial document (bank statement) for a tourist visa. No financials were required for my multi entry non-imm o based on marriage.

As it's the new year, maybe there are new rules that have come into force.

Edited by ozfarang

7 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

We are thinking of a road trip to there me, wife and child plus taking the car over It has car passport. so, we can do a bit of local sightseeing. having wife with me doesn't cause a problem, does it?

The only problem it will cause, is her insistence that she knows the way better than you even though it's the wrong way.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

We are thinking of a road trip to there me, wife and child plus taking the car over It has car passport. so, we can do a bit of local sightseeing. having wife with me doesn't cause a problem, does it?

Only IF Yer take Too Much Money with Yer !!.....LOL !

10 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Was that for a non-imm o based on marriage or for a tourist visa. When I was there a week ago a person, EU passport holder, had to show financial document (bank statement) for a tourist visa. No financials were required for my multi entry non-imm o based on marriage.

As it's the new year, maybe there are new rules that have come into force.

I asked him about marriage visa but maybe he didn't understand as I read that somebody get the visa on this morning without financial proof, this voice of rules changed in sawannakhet is coming out every year, so maybe is just bolox as usual, we will see (I get the visa there too so I'm interested ???? ) there are some users heading there soon they will give us a first hand report I guess.

• 1 month later...

I had no issues. 4th Non O based on Marraige. Quick and good service. Nobody asked for proof of funds. The only people being turned away were asking for Tourist Visas with no proof of funds and onward ticked.

By the way Savannakhet around the Night Market is nice. 2 days there with the friendly people was great. Try Lins Cafe or other places around the market in the evening.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, justsignedin said:

I'm just back from Savannakhet this morning (05/01/2019). I applied for multi entry non o based on marriage on January 3rd 2019. Collected my passport - complete with new multi entry visa on the 4th January. Nothing changed, same documents required - no need for financial proof of anything, costs 5000 baht.

thnx im going there in 2 weeks

On 2/12/2019 at 1:34 PM, baneko said:

I had no issues. 4th Non O based on Marraige. Quick and good service. Nobody asked for proof of funds. The only people being turned away were asking for Tourist Visas with no proof of funds and onward ticked.

By the way Savannakhet around the Night Market is nice. 2 days there with the friendly people was great. Try Lins Cafe or other places around the market in the evening.

That's good to know. Looks like I'll be doing mine next month. What time did you get to the office? I don't know whether to dash over there from the hotel as early as I can (I'm 61, with an arthritic knee, so I won't be first), or wait for the rush to go by and stroll in about 10am.

Also, does anyone know if there is secure parking at Mukdahan bridge?

That's good to know. Looks like I'll be doing mine next month. What time did you get to the office? I don't know whether to dash over there from the hotel as early as I can (I'm 61, with an arthritic knee, so I won't be first), or wait for the rush to go by and stroll in about 10am.

I went at around 10am and there were maybe 6 people waiting. It closes at 11am. They say to pick up your passport at 2pm but will be open 1.30pm. Thats the following day. I get a tuk tuk to take you directly to the bridge from there. There is parking at the bridge. Not sure how secure but would expect it to be OK.

13 hours ago, RickBlaine said:

hi,

you should be at the thai embassy before 11.00 am I suggest you to be there around 09.00 if you think you cant make it. But bare in mind the later you go the tuk tuk on Laos side will charge you higher because they know you want to go there before 11.00 Normally its 200 baht.. crossing the bridge by bus is 50.

There are 2 parking near the bridge:

- this one is free and kind of inside the immigration or border area. Now if you are going to spend a night in sav. dont park here. They will break your windows.

- another park is just before entering the imm area. It has roof and kind of redish color. you will see it surely. 500 baht for 1 night

another option: You might find a nice parking spot in the city area. Get a tuk tuk or taxi to the border. shouldnt be more than 150 for the taxi and probably same for the tuk tuk