Ford Fiesta Powershift transmission warranty?

manonthemon

I'm eyeing a 2012 Ford Fiesta Sport with a powershift transmission.

Knowing that this transmission causes many problems in 2011-2015 Fiesta and Focus I was wondering if it's still under a warranty? I think I've read somewhere that the warranty was extended for this transmission, not sure though. If I buy the car second hand, will I be able to take advantage of that warranty in case the powershift gives me trouble? 

Also, just recently Ford in Thailand agreed to buy back those faulty cars on a case by case basis, will this apply if I bought the car used? In case the transmission causes any problems?  

The current owner of the car says he hasn't had any transmission problems, he had it's software updated at Ford dealer in Phuket a couple month back, i did test drive the car and didn't notice any issues but that doesn't mean they won't show later on. 

If it's for nothing then maybe okay. There is a 10-year warranty on some of the box.  I bought an EcoBoost last year. If I had known of the problem I would not have done it even though there was a 100,000Baht discount.

Others may be better informed.  Try google as there is a lot on there. I read problems may start to occur at onwards of 30,000kms.

Archived