Finally, it's Clinton or Trump: Long race ends, voters pick

webfact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The BIG question that will be asked by most in the political elite after this fiasco for them, is where they went wrong. They had it in the bag for Clinton; the elite opposed him, the media opposed him, the international community opposed him, the minorities ( supposedly ) opposed him, women opposed him, but he is within ONE vote of winning.

Did angry white men suddenly become the majority of voters?

The BBC is now talking about how he will fail as the POTUS, and he hasn't even officially won yet.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The BIG question that will be asked by most in the political elite after this fiasco for them, is where they went wrong. They had it in the bag for Clinton; the elite opposed him, the media opposed him, the international community opposed him, the minorities ( supposedly ) opposed him, women opposed him, but he is within ONE vote of winning.

The BBC is now talking about how he will fail as the POTUS, and he hasn't even officially won yet.

The elites around the world are profoundly out of touch with the majority of "ordinary" people in their countries. 

5 hours ago, JLCrab said:

In the words of Gerald Ford 1974 upon taking over as President after Nixon resigned:

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

No...it's just beginning.

...and when you wake up it ISN"T a dream!!!!!!

Edited by Loeilad

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The past several presidents have presided over the decline of the Middle Class in America. A Clinton presidency was seen as a continuation of that trend. A Trump presidency most likely will be also but people seemed to be desperate enough to change directions in the hopes of halting the slide..

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I agree that she is not strong maybe, and the Presidency took a visible toll on everyone I can remember except Reagan and Kennedy (for obvious reasons). Clinton's advantage is that she is an old pro in that White House and Washington, she has her mentor by her side, and she and her handlers will precisely scale her visible activities so that she never appears weak.  

Just don't expect to see her bounding down the stairs of Air force I the way Barry does. :laugh:

II think this may be her plane.

Hillary's plane.jpg

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hard to see how he will fail - the Republicans control the house and the senate going into this. He will have a strong mandate. 

Year's ago down in Palm Beach FL I was out with my Dad on his little 12 foot fishing boat.  The Trump Princess mega yacht came right by us.  My Dad commented "No wonder nobody likes the SOB".  Oh well.  It looks like the electoral college system likes him enough to make him President of the USA

No doubt Bernie has lost many of his supporters, following his sale out to the Clinton Crime Family.  It took a dose of Sanders former base, of aggravated voters, to put this revolution against the billionaires, globalist, wall street banks and scum bag politicians over the top.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I gotta hope that HRC does lose. If she wins, even by one vote, we'll never hear the end of it from those that are not to be heard from at the moment. :smile:

I am both a good winner and loser.  See I am here now.  Can't get rid of me.

Edited by amykat

The BBC has just said that they can't see HRC winning based on the projections. Soooooo unless the voting machines are "rigged", the fat lady is warming up her vocal cords.

WikiLeaks people will be getting ready to party large.

Haven't heard anything about the rest of the GOP race. Just that the Dems took Reid's seat.