Thai Govt: Trump Presidency Won’t Affect Longstanding Ties

webfact

Seven year itch? More like 70 year itch. The last time the US bucked up for its citizens was after WW2 when they built the interstate Hwy system, Bridges, Dams, Power plants, etc.  Putting all able bodied people to work at good wages enabling them to live the American dream.  The highest tax rate at the time was 90% so I don't see anything like that happening anytime soon, but it should if they truly want America to be great again. Tax is a four letter word in the US now, and people somehow think that the trillions it will take to jump start the US again will just appear from the tree or something. Greed has taken over democracy/ capitalism just like it has every other form of government. Is there a cure? I surely am not able to see one, I hope someone else can though. I doubt we can change human nature but who knows? Good luck to all.

4 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

No money no honey from America - tariffs on Thai goods.  Global tariff war leads to manufacturing being pulled from Thailand, agricultural goods being non-competitive.  Rising american debt leads to global financial meltdown for which Thailand has almost no buffer whatsoever.... hey mai ben rai krab.

I don't see equal tariffs as a tariff war. It would be a war against the super wealthy in the world though. Don't worry though, these greedy few will not allow equal tariffs any time soon. You can take that to their bank. 

7 hours ago, retoohs said:

I beg to differ. Why do the US have continual military exercises with Thailand even though it is against US policy to do so with a government that has removed an elected government with force. Because Thailand is strategically placed where the US feels it needs a presence. US support for Thailand will continue

I'm not referring to military support,which is obviously the one thing that can be counted on from Uncle Sam...quite often in spades.

I'm talking about the $34 billion ear-marked in global foreign-aid for 2017. Thailand receives upward of $70-80 million annually.

Trump not having a background of a career politician but rather a street-smart,no-nosense(except his own),mafioso-style bossman will surely sense the run-off of funds likely going to a pocket far from its planned objective. Hopefully he will review these policies and refine or veto the bureaucratic "fat" surrounding these funding schemes......e.g (for Thailand) Migration and Refugee Assistance: $37,057,704 and HIV/AIDS Initiative: $142.......yes, that's correct.

With $500 billion + circulating in Broad Money Stock,Thailand is wealthy enough to support its own internal initiatives.

$34-billion is a drop in the bucket in the American dream-scheme of tings but with an estimated National debt to be $18.6 trillion....every penny counts on the long road towards "making America great again".

Edited by HaleySabai

22 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes in a rather limited manner as everyone is playing both sides against the middle. I am sorry to say but the Thai bride has already eloped with the Chinese groom so eat cake. 

Further on my comment using South Korea as a example Trump is showing  just how he is going to govern with the old daisy flower petal routine. Yes I will no I will not. Seems one day he states that he will not protect South Korea and the next day he flip flops and says he will. I just hope S. Korea and Japan and the rest of the treaty countries catch him on a yes/good day when asking for helping. The words laughing stock comes to mind. He is approaching people to serve under him and is receiving flat outright NO'S!!!

On 09/11/2016 at 5:01 PM, Brer Fox said:

I bet the PM is already packing his bags to gladhand the new President and meet the First Lady. This First Lady is a distinct improvement on the last First Lady.

First Lady.jpg

Yeah, sure.  Michelle went to Princeton (B.A.) and Harvard (J.D.) while Donald's latest trophy wife was a nude model and a college dropout.  I think I know which woman makes the better role model for young women. 

On 10/11/2016 at 3:22 AM, ratcatcher said:

I beg to differ with you, tominbkk.  

Melania Trump was born in Novo Mesto, Yugoslavia, present day Slovenia.

She was indeed a model and is a very elegant and beautiful woman who speaks six languages. 

Michelle Obama can be seen here........http://newsbeat.co.ke/gossip/irrefutable-scientific-proof-michelle-obama-is-indeed-a-man/

Are we saying she might be a bloke? Well she certainly is a big bird!

Trump will be good for the UK and I do like his straight forward approach and will show more respect to the Queen than the current couple who I cannot wait to see the back of, a weak leader.

23 hours ago, helpisgood said:

Yeah, sure.  Michelle went to Princeton (B.A.) and Harvard (J.D.) while Donald's latest trophy wife was a nude model and a college dropout.  I think I know which woman makes the better role model for young women. 

Brer Fox is just  trying to act foxy. Besides with his step up in life maybe its time to do a wife upgrade. 

On 11/11/2016 at 0:29 PM, helpisgood said:

Its a whole new world out there and beauty withers on the vine fast. It surely does have a best before date. Thai ladies think they are over the hill by age 25. Please no one tell them that they are wrong. 

Edited by elgordo38

On 11/10/2016 at 2:00 PM, Grubster said:

Seven year itch? More like 70 year itch. The last time the US bucked up for its citizens was after WW2 when they built the interstate Hwy system, Bridges, Dams, Power plants, etc.  Putting all able bodied people to work at good wages enabling them to live the American dream.  The highest tax rate at the time was 90% so I don't see anything like that happening anytime soon, but it should if they truly want America to be great again. Tax is a four letter word in the US now, and people somehow think that the trillions it will take to jump start the US again will just appear from the tree or something. Greed has taken over democracy/ capitalism just like it has every other form of government. Is there a cure? I surely am not able to see one, I hope someone else can though. I doubt we can change human nature but who knows? Good luck to all.

Yes taxation has gone underground taking the form of ever increasing nano fees. I used to have a long list of them but it disappeared. I am glad because it gave me heart burn every time I stumbled across them. They just reminded me of how the government owns us all body and soul. Is there a bawdy tax? not sure.