Where To Buy Pretend Alcohol

miltonbentley

Hi

My father will be visiting next month and despite a previous fondness for alcohol has been forced to stop drinking for medical reasons. He does though allow himself low alcohol wine or beer. I have never seen any low alcohol drinks in CM but does anyone know of a place where I can find these products.

Yours soberly :o

MB

Hi

My father will be visiting next month and despite a previous fondness for alcohol has been forced to stop drinking for medical reasons. He does though allow himself low alcohol wine or beer. I have never seen any low alcohol drinks in CM but does anyone know of a place where I can find these products.

Yours soberly :D

MB

There is such a thing as pretend alcohol? :o I heard of low alcohol products but no alcohol whatsoever, I'm not sure.

Hi

Yours soberly :D

MB

Do you mean "light" beer with a low alcohol content or pretend beer with NO alcohol?

If he is supposed to stop drinking for medical reasons, I don't think Singha Light would be permitted. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Hi

Yours soberly :o

MB

I haven't seen any here (but then I haven't been looking either) but you can certainly get an alcohol free malt beverage.

It is very popular in Saudi and actually is not all that bad either (particularly when you can't get the real stuff)

San Miguel make some and there is another one called Mousey (not sure if that spelling is correct but it is pronounced "moosey")

Good luck!

Edited by john b good

Thanks all.

Low alcohol is fine UG if you know where I can get some.

In the UK he drinks some stuff which goes by the vile name of de-alcoholised wine :o which I doubt I will find here. Low alcohol beer or wine would be good.

I have to say JBG

alcohol free malt beverage
sounds fairly revolting and I think he may opt for his usual fall back of very weak shandy but I may try him on that if no alternative can be found.

Most bars and shops sell "pretend alcahol".

It's called Heineken.

:D

:D:D:D

What would the point be?

In principle DSK I would agree with you but presumably you and I are in the same lucky boat where we have never had to refrain from alcohol consumption. I can't imagine how bad an eleven month period in Saudi would be :D

Also I know my Dad really misses the social side of drinking and just the feeling that you have a 'drink' in your hand helps rather than a coke or glass of fizzy water :o

In principle DSK I would agree with you but presumably you and I are in the same lucky boat where we have never had to refrain from alcohol consumption. I can't imagine how bad an eleven month period in Saudi would be :D

Also I know my Dad really misses the social side of drinking and just the feeling that you have a 'drink' in your hand helps rather than a coke or glass of fizzy water :o

I was in Egypt during Ramadan one year - many times you had the choice of non-alcohol becks - or nothing. I went with nothing.

I know what you mean about having a drink in your hand. If it is a low-alcohol drink that you want - why not have a tiny amount of whisky in with some soda?

I was in Egypt during Ramadan one year - many times you had the choice of non-alcohol becks - or nothing. I went with nothing.

Funnily enough low-alcohol Becks was exactly what he requested. I had to tell him no chance in CM. You can't even get proper Becks.

Thanks for all your responses hopefully someone will turn somthing up but I'm off to the pub now and not a no or low alcohol drink in sight.

Cheers

Thanks all.

Low alcohol is fine UG if you know where I can get some.

In the UK he drinks some stuff which goes by the vile name of de-alcoholised wine :o which I doubt I will find here. Low alcohol beer or wine would be good.

I have to say JBG

alcohol free malt beverage
sounds fairly revolting and I think he may opt for his usual fall back of very weak shandy but I may try him on that if no alternative can be found.

I'm pretty sure that Rimping Supermarket has a selection of low alchohol or "light beers" including local ones. Villa Market in Bangkok has them.

I happened to try Clausthaler alcohol-free beer when visiting with friends @ Lebua at the State Tower. Then, a friend of mine told me that alcohol-free beer is available in Tesco Lotus. But, I've been unsuccessful so far in locating one.

Edit: Oops, I did not realise that this was posted in CM forum. My above experience in for Bangkok

Edited by guardian

It is very popular in Saudi and actually is not all that bad either (particularly when you can't get the real stuff)

What would the point be? :o

If I remember correctly, the popular one in Saudi was Swan non-alcohol lager but if you can take the alcohol out you can certainly out it back!!!

Edited by gpt

Back in singapore we call it " wine cooler "

you can try a few brand eg.. SPY . and the othe rone barcadi juice i think ..

sold is all 7-11 . - there is also a few others brand , should be all at the same session ..

usually the lady drink it .. but i like them too .

What would the point be? :D

What would the point be ??

Well it looks like beer, it tastes like beer, and after a day where the temperatures can get close to 50C you need something to slake your thirst. Not every one really wants to drink five bottles of Coca Cola or Pepsi.

Furthermore it does not get you locked up in the slammer.

It would seem fairly obvious that you need to broaden your horizons and see how some (of the rest) of the world lives.

Not all the world is as liberal as Thailand :o

Back in singapore we call it " wine cooler "

you can try a few brand eg.. SPY . and the othe rone barcadi juice i think ..

sold is all 7-11 . - there is also a few others brand , should be all at the same session ..

usually the lady drink it .. but i like them too .

Sorry but, the Spy wine cooler has about the same alcohol content as Chang Lite ...... therefore not 'lite' at all.

Singa Lite is the lowest alcohol beer sold in Thailand as Lite beers go. It is 3.5% alcohol and not really no alcohol, Beck on the otherhand is .5% or less and costs more than regular beer as they still brew it and distill it again to remove the alcohol, give decent flavor with no kick. Good stuff if you are planning a night of drinking and driving.

Well it looks like beer, it tastes like beer, and after a day where the temperatures can get close to 50C you need something to slake your thirst. Not every one really wants to drink five bottles of Coca Cola or Pepsi.

It would seem fairly obvious that you need to broaden your horizons and see how some (of the rest) of the world lives.

If you had bothered to read posts that I have made in this topic you would have seen that I have already spent Ramadan in a muslim country and still did not feel the need to partake in non-alcohol beverages to satisfy a craving for alcohol.

My horizons are broad enough already, thanks :D

Back in the States, they sometimes sell "near beer," which tastes something like beer and has maybe 0.5% alcohol. Still, real AA alcoholics will not touch the stuff. Old Germans in Wisconsin used to drink 3.2% beer and not realize that's all it was. One 3.2 can of beer still contain 0.38 ounces of ethyl alcohol, almost the same as a shot of 90 proof whiskey or a small glass of wine. POISON. :o

I don't get it. I don't see why somebody has to pretend they're drinking tough beer. I guess the old man likes the taste. It's doubtful anything in Thailand tastes like his near beer back home.

He can drink Coke Light and pretend it's rum and Coke. No calories, no hangover, no impairment, and the same number of trips to the toilet. :D

Be careful not to confuse your beers. I think Chang Lite is about 5%. I never drink the stuff myself. Somebody will put me right here.

Just checked in the supermarket

San Miguel Lite 5%

Chang Light 4.2%

So they're out.

I seem to recall there's somebody on this forum called "Lite Beer". Maybe they know!

Be careful not to confuse your beers. I think Chang Lite is about 5%. I never drink the stuff myself. Somebody will put me right here.

Just checked in the supermarket

San Miguel Lite 5%

Chang Light 4.2%

So they're out.

I seem to recall there's somebody on this forum called "Lite Beer". Maybe they know!

Thanks Briggsy very decent of you. Yes neither of those really work. about 1.5% would be top whack I guess.

Which supermarket? Reckon Rimping or Tops would offerthe best chance.

OH i also recall a Party drink .. which is used offen during hotel party ..

The recipe is as follow .

WINE ( merlot )

SODA WATER

7-UP

The mix is as follow

WINE SODA 7-UP

2 : 1 : 1

You can adjust the drink as you wish ..

Or just skip the Soda water and got

7-UP and wine Mix .

- i can drink like whole lot of it and not feel even high .

If you had bothered to read posts that I have made in this topic you would have seen that I have already spent Ramadan in a muslim country and still did not feel the need to partake in non-alcohol beverages to satisfy a craving for alcohol.

My horizons are broad enough already, thanks :D

and still did not feel the need to partake in non-alcohol beverages to satisfy a craving for alcohol

I am not gonna get into a slanging match here, but spending Ramadan in Egypt is really not much of an example. You can still drink alcoholic drinks in Egypt during Ramadan, "it is not forbidden by law"

I have spent a number of Ramadan's in "Egypt, Indonesia, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia"

You can drink all year around in both Egypt and Indonesia. And, alcoholic beverages are readily and openly available for purchase in both countries.

You cannot legally drink alcoholic beverages in either Kuwait or Saudi Arabia and, drinking same will see you in serious trouble.

As I said "it" tastes like beer "nothing more nothing less"

And, I fail to see just how drinking non-alcoholic beverages might satisfy a craving for alcohol :D

A person who has a craving for alcohol would not survive a long term in Saudi.

Clausthaler non-alcohol beer is on sale in Thailand, and it does taste like the real stuff. They are also getting Erdinger Weissen Beer non-alkie type, but it's not on general sale yet.

Light beer here means fat bastids can drink it without putting on the pounds, not that it's light in alkihol.

Clausthaler non-alcohol beer is on sale in Thailand, and it does taste like the real stuff. They are also getting Erdinger Weissen Beer non-alkie type, but it's not on general sale yet.

Light beer here means fat bastids can drink it without putting on the pounds, not that it's light in alkihol.

Thanks Lampard. Clausthaler would be perfect do you know wh stocks it.