Thailand can expect less interest from President Trump,  academics say

snoop1130

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 7:01 AM, zaphod reborn said:

Trump doesn't even know where Thailand is. He owes huge favors to Putin and Russia and will be bending over backwards to pay those favors back, including giving amnesty to Assange.  Thailand is best off joining the other SEA nations in looking to China, like Duterte already has done.  The new Asian bloc will be China/SEA v. Russia/USA.

I lost you after "Trump doesn't even know where Thailand is".

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Jingthing said:

He doesn't impress me as being intellectually curious about the world except for when he wants to trump BRAND a hotel or golf course abroad. The idea of that pea brain that has the attention span of a toddler being the most powerful man in world should horrify the world. 

He's the future POTUS, hardly " the most powerful man in world " (sic) ?

1 minute ago, thedivezone said:

He's the future POTUS, hardly " the most powerful man in world " (sic) ?

The U.S. president is indeed the most powerful man in the world.

In this case though more accurate to say the most powerful MAN BABY in the world. 

Edited by Jingthing

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM, sandman19 said:

Thats funny cause i think there wouldnt be an england right now if it wasnt for America !!Kinda sounds to me like you are very emotional over American politics ! And maybe resentful your not American.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Either that or resentful he's not German.

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The U.S. president is indeed the most powerful man in the world.

In this case though more accurate to say the most powerful MAN BABY in the world. 

The first couple of months of his "reign" will show just how "powerful" he is in implementing all his hare-brained schemes , or whether his "handlers" will  have other ideas.

Latest i heard was he already back-pedaled on scrapping Obama-care . . . ..?

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 11:20 AM, soalbundy said:

The UK would still be there geographically as would it's people, you over rate Americas importance. I presume you are one of yester years people and are referring to the 2nd world war 70 years ago, while we are grateful for Johnny come lately's contribution, Russia had a greater influence on the outcome of the war as did the English Channel. You got your first jet engines from Britain and with the British built Canberra your first jet bomber. Believe it or not in Europe being American is not considered a desirable goal.

Hear Hear, a Brit who considers himself to be European ! :spamsign::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Edited by thedivezone

8 hours ago, Dtrump said:

OK.  You said Trump was the most dangerous man alive yet he has never done anything dangerous.  I quoted many dangerous men who started wars and fostered institutional child abuse and organized murder and mayhem.   You have only your imagination to assume Trump is dangerous. 

Perhaps you are ignorant of the meaning of dangerous.  

Its defined as able or likely to do harm.  

A thin skinned egomaniac with sociopathic tendencies with access access to one of the worlds largest nuclear arsenal is dangerous.  

Especially when he asks three times in a meeting why don't we ever use them.  

1 hour ago, thedivezone said:

The first couple of months of his "reign" will show just how "powerful" he is in implementing all his hare-brained schemes , or whether his "handlers" will  have other ideas.

Latest i heard was he already back-pedaled on scrapping Obama-care . . . ..?

I wasn't really talking about trump specifically but the office of POTUS generally. World's largest economy. World's biggest military. The president has full war powers ... no need to get buy in from anyone but herself. 

Interestingly, trump is in a historically very powerful position for any president. He has control of congress and recent presidencies including Obama's have made it a custom to use executive orders a lot (no congressional approval needed). Of course we are now being reminding that executive orders are NOT law, and the next president is fully able to rescind previous ones.

Cheers. 

9 hours ago, thedivezone said:

Oh dear Lord, do you think he might invoke Article 44 on Hillary next ?

Hmm good question. We do know this elephant has a long memory and I just read this morning that he may be compiling a hit list. Power can be a good and bad thing an double edged sword. In this case I do not trust the wielder of said sword. 

On 11/10/2016 at 0:22 PM, Jingthing said:

trump is into Eastern European girls (and I do mean girls), not Asian ones.

So yes, less interest in Thailand for sure. 

I'm guessing that under Trump if Thailand tries to play off China against the USA, then Trump will just put them on his Ignore List.

• 2 months later...

I doubt if Trump is even aware of Thailand.  However, in a clash between the US and China, US citizens in Thailand could find themselves in an uncomfortable position. 

If it came to a clash between the US and China, which side do you think Thailand would take?

7 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I doubt if Trump is even aware of Thailand.  However, in a clash between the US and China, US citizens in Thailand could find themselves in an uncomfortable position. 

If it came to a clash between the US and China, which side do you think Thailand would take?

Thailand would tell both sides what they (Thailand) thought that particular superpower wanted to hear. They have always done this. They would only "take sides" if absolutely forced by the situation and the elite families thought their wealth, power and privilege was at risk.