UK Partner visa, translation requirements

On 26/11/2016 at 7:55 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Make sure you're looking at the right test. The only UKVI approved A1 and B1 test, taken outside the UK is the IELTS Life Skills test. The only approved suppliers in Thailand are the British Council and IDP. For a student visa, a regular IELTS test is required, not Life Skills.

British Council may offer Life Skills tests in CM. IDP do not.

Do you have the details for the IH preparatory course?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Details on the IH preparatory course are on this page: http://www.ihbangkok.com/exam-preparation/visa-exams-ielts-life-skills/

It is over five days before the test itself. I am told that the British Council does indeed do provide the life skills test in CM and offer a 30 hour preparatory in the week or so before the test. I am waiting on details for that.

8 hours ago, ilgitano said:

Details on the IH preparatory course are on this page: http://www.ihbangkok.com/exam-preparation/visa-exams-ielts-life-skills/

It is over five days before the test itself. I am told that the British Council does indeed do provide the life skills test in CM and offer a 30 hour preparatory in the week or so before the test. I am waiting on details for that.

The IH course looks good.  I'd be interested to know how popular it is.  My school has tried offering similar courses (and as 3 of our teachers are Life Skills examiners, we know our stuff!) but with almost zero interest.  I would think a British Council course would be preferable, as they have more direct experience of the test.  Good luck.