PM Prayut insists farmers will live a better live in five years

webfact

4 hours ago, tbthailand said:

yawn, ...  but thaksin... 

but he did actually make life better for farmers... and for a lot of people in thailand ... a lot children are alive in thailand because of his policy on healthcare for example. And that change was immediate. 

Thaksin was  a crook, but this guy is a crook and a clown.

OTOH between 2 and 3,000 people are dead in Thailand because of his drug policies. Quite a few people at Tak Bai died also and it seemed at the time he didnt care at all.

He did have some good policies but the majority were not that good.

His policy on health care was a good idea but he never provided the extra funds necessary.

The village loans were based on the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh but as happens so many times in Thailand the basic idea was good but the follow up was abysmal.

Nobody can predict what will happen in 5 years time. Did you predict BREXIT five years ago, did you predict Trump. OK, I predict an alien invasion. Where does that leave your predictions. I suppose the Aztecs were in a similar position prior to the arrival of the Europeans..There is no certainty in this life, everything can change on a moment.

6 hours ago, nausea said:

Nobody can predict what will happen in 5 years time. Did you predict BREXIT five years ago, did you predict Trump. OK, I predict an alien invasion. Where does that leave your predictions. I suppose the Aztecs were in a similar position prior to the arrival of the Europeans..There is no certainty in this life, everything can change on a moment.

An alien invasion, that should please the Minister of Tourism as it will boost her dubious visitor arrival figures.

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

OTOH between 2 and 3,000 people are dead in Thailand because of his drug policies. Quite a few people at Tak Bai died also and it seemed at the time he didnt care at all.

He did have some good policies but the majority were not that good.

His policy on health care was a good idea but he never provided the extra funds necessary.

The village loans were based on the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh but as happens so many times in Thailand the basic idea was good but the follow up was abysmal.

this isn't about Thaksin, but you can't help yourself, can you?  You're point about providing or not providing sufficient resources is feeble, guy, ... the fact is that the healthcare plan was put in place and is still in place and it is saving lives every single day. Tak Bai was the military doing what they do best, lest you forget... and the war on drugs was a free-for-all by the RTP - another shining example of integrity... Thaksin was a scum-bag with more money than sense,  but he did make the lives of the Thai people better and any one who wants to deny that will be pissing in the wind.  Get over Thaksin. He's a permanent ex-pat.

OTOH, Prayuth has had 2 1/2 years already to jump start the economy - fail. 2 1/2 years for "reconciliation" - fail. (was never on the agenda, IMO). 2 1/2 years to hold elections (remember the promise of elections in Sep 2015? - Fail.  

But he has many successes - the General has held on to direct power for the necessary event. He has purged the vast majority of his enemies. He has created a military-dictatorship constitution that guarantees control of all future governments until the next coup. 

So in his book it is all good. Screw the farmers, ... be they growing rice, rubber, or anything else - not his problem.

On 11/11/2016 at 10:29 PM, billd766 said:

Very good, billd. So I assume with the changes that have taken place, the army has finally - after 13 years - identified and suspended the army personnel involved in the Tak Bai massacre and has handed over all the evidence to prosecutors and is now preparing the case against Thaksin for masterminding the operation and the army personnel who carried it out. I also assume that the police and army personnel  implicated in the war on drugs have also been identified and suspended and that they are building another case against Thaksin as the mastermind of that operation.

I'm also sure that the army has handed over to prosecutors the identity of the commanders, unit, and personnel, and every other piece of pertinent information who are under suspicion for the killing of Nurse Kate and other medical staff at the temple near the Siam Station in 2010. 

On 11/11/2016 at 5:24 PM, tbthailand said:

yawn, ...  but thaksin... 

but he did actually make life better for farmers... and for a lot of people in thailand ... a lot children are alive in thailand because of his policy on healthcare for example. And that change was immediate. 

Thaksin was  a crook, but this guy is a crook and a clown.

2 hours ago, tbthailand said:

this isn't about Thaksin, but you can't help yourself, can you?  You're point about providing or not providing sufficient resources is feeble, guy, ... the fact is that the healthcare plan was put in place and is still in place and it is saving lives every single day. Tak Bai was the military doing what they do best, lest you forget... and the war on drugs was a free-for-all by the RTP - another shining example of integrity... Thaksin was a scum-bag with more money than sense,  but he did make the lives of the Thai people better and any one who wants to deny that will be pissing in the wind.  Get over Thaksin. He's a permanent ex-pat.

OTOH, Prayuth has had 2 1/2 years already to jump start the economy - fail. 2 1/2 years for "reconciliation" - fail. (was never on the agenda, IMO). 2 1/2 years to hold elections (remember the promise of elections in Sep 2015? - Fail.  

But he has many successes - the General has held on to direct power for the necessary event. He has purged the vast majority of his enemies. He has created a military-dictatorship constitution that guarantees control of all future governments until the next coup. 

So in his book it is all good. Screw the farmers, ... be they growing rice, rubber, or anything else - not his problem.

If it isn't about Thaksin could you please explain why Thaksin was mentioned in your post and why you are upset that I replied to it, as I am allowed to do?

The free for all by the RTP must have been supported by Thaksin because if it wasn't, why didnt he do anything about investigating as he was the PM at the time?

Thaksin and his proxies have been in power for about 10 of the last 16 years and what has he really achieved for the farmers, many of whom are deeper in debt than they have ever been.

Starting universal health care WAS a good idea. Not supporting it financially was a bad thing.

If the truth be known more people are in debt in Thailand than ever before and please dont tell me that has only happened in the last 2 1/2 years only.

43 minutes ago, tomta said:

Very good, billd. So I assume with the changes that have taken place, the army has finally - after 13 years - identified and suspended the army personnel involved in the Tak Bai massacre and has handed over all the evidence to prosecutors and is now preparing the case against Thaksin for masterminding the operation and the army personnel who carried it out. I also assume that the police and army personnel  implicated in the war on drugs have also been identified and suspended and that they are building another case against Thaksin as the mastermind of that operation.

I'm also sure that the army has handed over to prosecutors the identity of the commanders, unit, and personnel, and every other piece of pertinent information who are under suspicion for the killing of Nurse Kate and other medical staff at the temple near the Siam Station in 2010. 

I have no idea if the army has suspended them or not but IMO they haven't and probably never will. If you have a problem with that then you need to take it up with someone who can deal with it.

I surely cant and neither can any farang that lives here.

You could say the same thing about the police, Army and every where else that has corruption in Thailand and you would be correct but knowing about it and fixing it are 2 totally separate problems.

Thailand has had just over 80 years to change from a monarchy to a democratic country and hasn't managed it yet. Countries in the west have had hundreds of years of "democracy" and it still isn't perfect. Two good examples are Brexit for the UK and the recent election in the USA.

At least Brexit has been fairly peaceful so far compared to the USA where it seems that hundreds or thousands of people have gone on the streets in protest at the results. The USA inherited much of the UK democracy 250 years ago and then modified it to suit the American way and it is still modified every week, month and year.

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

If it isn't about Thaksin could you please explain why Thaksin was mentioned in your post and why you are upset that I replied to it, as I am allowed to do?

The free for all by the RTP must have been supported by Thaksin because if it wasn't, why didnt he do anything about investigating as he was the PM at the time?

Thaksin and his proxies have been in power for about 10 of the last 16 years and what has he really achieved for the farmers, many of whom are deeper in debt than they have ever been.

Starting universal health care WAS a good idea. Not supporting it financially was a bad thing.

If the truth be known more people are in debt in Thailand than ever before and please dont tell me that has only happened in the last 2 1/2 years only.

wow, you must be working on a good case of Alzheimer's, ... 

f it isn't about Thaksin could you please explain why Thaksin was mentioned in your post and why you are upset that I replied to it, as I am allowed to do?