Section 44 proposed to deal with overloaded truck problem

webfact

4 hours ago, monkey4u said:

To stop truck overloading, start with pick ups

They were never designed to carry 5 tonnes plus

But the fools who replace the rear springs with heavy sets think its all good

Look mum I can make my truck lift the front wheels every time I try to stop  :whistling:

So true, the fools that do this conveniently forget that the wheel studs and brakes etc. were designed for the original payload of the truck (the same applies to the LGV / HGV as well) then stand around in amazement when the studs or similar break off at some point, seen this so many times and will keep on seeing it, no point in 'upgrading' the rear springs really!

24 minutes ago, KKr said:

Completely fail to understand why a CONSTITUTIONAL Article is needed to enforce a minor Regulatory Issue, being an overloaded Truck, or other vehicle as the case may be.

Such disregard for the status of a Constitution is iMvHO seriously deflating the Status and Authority of the Constitution. 

• Some countries use ministerial or even municipal orders that are delegated in the framework of the (in this case) Traffic Law, to deal with such minor details.

My guess is that the Leadership would rather use their time to address economic and international issues than listen to lobbyist that are complaining about not having sufficient negotiating skills or bargaining power to make a profit. 

And they want to keep it that way. 

16 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Is this really the sort of thing Article 44 was designed to deal with ?

The way it's going it looks like the article will have to be invoked to cover almost every existing law which only suffer from one thing and that's Lack of Enforcement.

A fire needs to be lit under all the relevant agencies including the BIB instead of waving the magical 44 around.

Article 44 is designed to use to cover anything the government can't address through normal channels. Given normal channels in LoS rarely ever work - mainly because those responsible can't be bothered - for anything, read everything.

On 11-11-2016 at 9:56 AM, Eric Loh said:

Might as well put a sign in front of Prayut office that reads " For application of Art. 44, please take a number and wait in the queue".  

Yep, as your Thaksin, Yingluck, and TRT, PPP, PTP pawns, didn't do anything meaningfull about it, actually not more than the previous DP governments, Prayut should also not, try, to do anything, is it? What's wrong with Art.44 here?

Or should Thaksin's pretorian guard RTP be 'authorised' again to issue, expensive, coloured stickers to allow overloaded lorries to avoid control and weigh bridges, as before? Was 'that' the solution, according to you...?

On 11-11-2016 at 4:56 AM, wayned said:

It's actually quite funny.  I live in sugar cane country, actually grow some myself, and they occasionally setup a checkpoint and weigh station between here and the mill.  You always know when the checkpoint is in operation because there's dozens of overloaded trucks parked on the side of the road waiting for confirmation that the checkpoint is gone.  What they should do is bring the checkpoint to the trucks.  In the US they actually pull over expected overloaded trucks and weigh them right then and there and don't rely on checkpoints that can easily be avoided.  Why would you have to invoke article 44 to do something that only requires common sense?  Whoops forgot where I live!

Because 'common sense' is in pretty short supply here, maybe...? Did you meet that many locals who could be fined for a common-sense-overload...