Visa for children from first marriage

Question:

I am married to a Thai (5 Years). I am British. We have two children together and all currently live in the UK - though spend time in Thailand regularly (have property there). She has residency, but as soon as we can cope without the passports for a year ! will apply for British citizenship for her (no renounce of Thai citizenship though).

I know that I can have the 'take care of wifey + dependants' visa for myself, and the wife and kids are fine because they are legally Thai (once registered with the Embassy in the kids case). The 200k Baht is no problem, and will infact be much in excess of this. I am 33 y/o currently and wifey is 25. Kids 14, 4 and 2.

The question is that I have a 14 y/o son who also lives with us from an earlier marriage. We are thinking of moving to Thailand completely when he reaches university age (18).

I realise that things may well change in that time, but what do I do about a visa for him as he is not Thai or related to my second wife?

The idea is to go to residency afetr the 3 years and on to citizenship post that (dual of course). Only require the long stay visa info now though, don't really want a student visa for him as gives the impression that he will leave after, can he come on my Non-Im? Can successive student visas count towards residency? etc?

Cheers,

:o  Why is everyone avoiding my query? Surely someone must have been through this, or know someone that has?

Basically, 14 y/o son non-Thai. Thai Wife. 2 Thai kids (ours) - visa for me easy (take care of wife/kids visa). What is needed for my son (not my current, Thai, wife's)?

Cheers,