Best place to sell a gaming desktop?

Soul Foam

I recently built a desktop about 6 months ago in Bangkok, but it's come time that I need to sell it. I'm not really sure where to sell it, because Facebook groups generally don't have any desktops in them, and if they do they never sold from there it appears. 

I spent around 70k baht on my whole setup (price including moniters, huge mouse pad, etc etc). 60kish on just the computer.

Does pantip plaza have vendors that buy desktops? I'm assuming they'd really jip me on the price though. 

Here's the specs just incase someone here would possibly be interested:

Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)

NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB

MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING R6 SIEGE MOTHERBOARD

KCAS 750w BRONZE MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

RIPJAWS DDR4 16GB RAM

Savage 240GB SSD

1TB 7200 RPM HDD

Edited by Soul Foam

39 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

Yes there might be buyers in Pantip but they have to make money. Plus components depreciate fast. You might tryThai Visa Classifieds instead of spamming it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand components depeciate fast, but I really think some of their offers will be less than half of what I paid 6 months ago, which as you said they have to make a profit so I understand it, but selling it to them would be a last resort.

I checked out the Thaivisa Classifieds already but it seems to be down... also not sure how 1 topic with a single post asking about where to sell it is spamming? 

Edited by Soul Foam

I "Liked" both the posts but I really like the OPs post more becasue in the absence of the "classified section" it is a  sensible and logical way of both making for an interesting thread and also maybe finding a buyer who doesn't want to nail his hat on!

The second poster really should chill out a little though , I "liked" his post because he is bringing the obvious  about lack of a classified section   to the notice of the management.

In His defence though I often read  a poster who  often uses  a bad choice of words.

The OP certainly cannot be accused of spamming anybody. 

And if the OP really wants to take a low price from an OAP on BRIT pension  I would always be interested ! Ha ha ha :spam1:

Edited by n210mp

1 hour ago, sniffdog said:

TV is a discussion forum not a place to sell your stuff. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence why this is a discussion thread on the best place to sell a desktop and not a direct sale post. 

There is a lot of resources on the forum about where to buy or build a PC, but not where to sell one.

48 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Whilst the real classifieds site is down the Classifieds forum is available to post ads.

Here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/8-free-classifieds-for-salefor-rentwanted/

Thank you, I'll take a look there!

Edited by Soul Foam

You could try craigslist or bahtsold. However, the parts you listed, plus a case for 2k, would retail new today for only about 40k at JiB and Lazada. The PSU ain't that great. Hence from an individual you'd be doing OK to get half of the 60kish you spent. A shop at Panthip would certainly offer less.

BTW, you have ONE (1) CPU w/ 4 cores and 8 threads

Edited by JSixpack

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

You could try craigslist or bahtsold. However, the parts you listed, plus a case for 2k, would retail new today for only about 40k at JiB and Lazada. The PSU ain't that great. Hence from an individual you'd be doing OK to get half of the 60kish you spent. A shop at Panthip would certainly offer less.

your on the money, a system like that I would offer 20k at best.

Is always the problem.. 2nd hand + new prices keep coming down..

Always had + self built many over the years AMD machines...   present one is overdue for a rebuild so was looking  Intel v AMD

wrote down so have the prices to hand, more of less the same for Intel i7 but with the better 6GB GeForce 1060 Graphics card total build cost around 36,000 baht..  

Building a even higher spec AMD FX machine [FX 9000 M/B, FX 9590 CPU, RX 480 NITRO 8GB DDR5 256 BIT graphics card, 16GB Ram] would cost about the same..