Faces of evil - two Thai men who lured Chonburi five year olds into the woods

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Get Real said:

On only 2 pages we find this many who agrees that the mob was better than the law.

Just too sad! That´s why it looks like it does today, and all these people change their mind
frequently depending on the story. I am not saying that they are good people. They are really bad,
but there must be a system that takes care of this and a law that can be used. That´s one of the
fundamentals for restoring democracy, that I believe most of the people quoted above also wants
in some kind of wierd way. 

yes, but the hands of law in Thailand too, has been scuffled, that is why mod does not want to wait for an unsure outcome. Even if we can understand both hang 0r not sides we cannot condemn the mob if they want to return a verdict. Not good, but understandable.

Just now, Honthy said:

yes, but the hands of law in Thailand too, has been scuffled, that is why mod does not want to wait for an unsure outcome. Even if we can understand both hang 0r not sides we cannot condemn the mob if they want to return a verdict. 

I you can not condemn suggestions about giving them to the mob, then you are a person that do not want to have a democracy or any kind of law enforcement. As soon as you do that in any circumstance it will lead to faliure. Just like all the persons here on TV complain about police not doing their job. If you want that to happen you can´t stand behind a mob policy. Same like double standards, which also a while ago was a very popular discussion on TV. So in this case there is no but. I know that Thai law enforcement isn´t at a level that it should be, but that´s no reason to put more problem in the system.

On 11/11/2016 at 0:00 PM, webfact said:

Authorities had to whisk them away as a lynching party of angry villagers threatened to kill them on the spot after they were found.

29 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I you can not condemn suggestions about giving them to the mob, then you are a person that do not want to have a democracy or any kind of law enforcement. As soon as you do that in any circumstance it will lead to faliure. Just like all the persons here on TV complain about police not doing their job. If you want that to happen you can´t stand behind a mob policy. Same like double standards, which also a while ago was a very popular discussion on TV. So in this case there is no but. I know that Thai law enforcement isn´t at a level that it should be, but that´s no reason to put more problem in the system.

Maybe I am retarded, but I cannot see direct link between understanding the mob and democracy

4 minutes ago, Honthy said:

Maybe I am retarded, but I cannot see direct link between understanding the mob and democracy

No, you are absolutely not retarted, but it´s very easy. Most of people want to live in a democracy. One of the pillars in a democracy is abiding the law. Therefore it can not be any understanding for a mob in democracy. That´s one of the things that are the problem in this country. Many people walk around and make up their own rules and disregard the laws. That seems actually out of many comments here be a style adapted by many of TV´s members.

Just now, Get Real said:

No, you are absolutely not retarted, but it´s very easy. Most of people want to live in a democracy. One of the pillars in a democracy is abiding the law. Therefore it can not be any understanding for a mob in democracy. That´s one of the things that are the problem in this country. Many people walk around and make up their own rules and disregard the laws. That seems actually out of many comments here be a style adapted by many of TV´s members.

I can agree with you, concerning the rule of the law in a working legal system. But we have seen fairly good examples that it is not necessarily true here.  In the frame of this I understand the behaviour of the mob. The law and the execution of it seems to be too far and foggy for an angry mob. I am and those who agreed with a lynch  examine this part of the story only. 

I cannot agree with the mob, but understand.

I am just playing with the idea, what would happen and how would I behave myself if one of these kids were mine.... I should confess, I cannot stand in front of the mob, trying to stop and cool them down. Most probably would not make a fair loop to the rope for the bad boys, but  I could not do anything against it either.....

16 minutes ago, Honthy said:

I can agree with you, concerning the rule of the law in a working legal system. But we have seen fairly good examples that it is not necessarily true here.  In the frame of this I understand the behaviour of the mob. The law and the execution of it seems to be too far and foggy for an angry mob. I am and those who agreed with a lynch  examine this part of the story only. 

I cannot agree with the mob, but understand.

I am just playing with the idea, what would happen and how would I behave myself if one of these kids were mine.... I should confess, I cannot stand in front of the mob, trying to stop and cool them down. Most probably would not make a fair loop to the rope for the bad boys, but  I could not do anything against it either.....

Fair enough! I can see how you think and in some kind of way understand it. In general I am a positive mind, and I really believe that it´s going to change for the better here too. I have been living here long time and seen some changes. Unfortunately it goes slow like everything here, so the law system is still not what it should be. On the other hand Rome was not buildt in a day, and still even they had a dysfunctional system. I have a daugther myself here in Thailand, and I can not say how I would react either, because it´s always more bad when it´s closer to home. Unfortunately we can not degrade ourselfs down to the same level as these <deleted>, and that is the thing that keeps us on a higher level in the food chain.

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Fair enough! I can see how you think and in some kind of way understand it. In general I am a positive mind, and I really believe that it´s going to change for the better here too. I have been living here long time and seen some changes. Unfortunately it goes slow like everything here, so the law system is still not what it should be. On the other hand Rome was not buildt in a day, and still even they had a dysfunctional system. I have a daugther myself here in Thailand, and I can not say how I would react either, because it´s always more bad when it´s closer to home. Unfortunately we can not degrade ourselfs down to the same level as these <deleted>, and that is the thing that keeps us on a higher level in the food chain.

Correct and thank you for your understanding. I have been living here just since 2010 and even I think positively, I am not as optimistic in judging the movement. I  would rather say the changes are not always and necessarily positive. Long way to go and maybe I am just stacked at some points. I do hope this nation will grow up once....

On 2016-11-11 at 8:15 AM, Cheops said:

Yeah, yeah. Until this happens to your own kids! 

I would have preferred if they were left with the mob.

I do have 2 kids and yes I will harm anyone who will harm my kids! 

Yes! I understand you. You will harm everyone that harm your kids. I would probably do that too, if i had the chance, but talking about preferring to leave them with the mob, just shows that you are out of control. 
Did you really mean that you would try to kill anyone that harms your children? Then you are in the same place like these guys, according to the law.

Edited by Get Real

9 hours ago, Canuk23 said:

I am for the rule of law when there is speculation, but not in this case and especially when small

children are involved !!! 

Lucky for you that you´re the only one that can tell people when it´s time to follow the law or not. Exactly what gives you that right?
Maybe I missed someting, but what kind of person does that makes you?

On 11/11/2016 at 2:15 PM, Cheops said:

Yeah, yeah. Until this happens to your own kids! 

I would have preferred if they were left with the mob.

I do have 2 kids and yes I will harm anyone who will harm my kids! 

Not much good to your kids when you are in jail,then deported.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:33 PM, BobbyLambo said:

You misspelled "Incinerate".

On 11/12/2016 at 1:20 PM, Get Real said:

No he didn´t misspell anything. Just you that side with everyone else that wants to have everything working in a civilized
society when it regards yourself. When not it´s just to cut some heads. Just can´t be a relative to Einstein.

Like you, I am entitled to my opinion. Regarding your view of me "siding with everyone else" - I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion. We are not discussing penalties for someone who returned a library book late, we are discussing how to deal with two despicable scumbags who abused innocent children. Personally, they have no place in the world I want to live in. And that would be quite an effective deterrent.

22 minutes ago, BobbyLambo said:

Like you, I am entitled to my opinion. Regarding your view of me "siding with everyone else" - I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion. We are not discussing penalties for someone who returned a library book late, we are discussing how to deal with two despicable scumbags who abused innocent children. Personally, they have no place in the world I want to live in. And that would be quite an effective deterrent.

Got it! I am commenting someone that has no regard for law and order, and rather be the one that decides over life and death. Great! A new dictator is born. Just not any idea to continue this. Of course you are entitled to have your opinion, but there are probably more people with semi-good intelligence level that agrees with that it´s the wrong opinion.

"The drama began in Ban Suan district of central Chonburi at 6.30 pm when the two children had not come home, reports Sanook

A large contingent of police and soldiers were mobilized for a search after a neighbor said that he had seen two men known as "Dam" and "Tik" taking them on a motorcycle into the woods."

This struck me as a bit strange as the Ban Suan district is the area along the coast between the city centre and the back of Central Plaza and it is quite a distance from there out to the Nong Khang Khok area.

There is however a housing development near the railway station named Ban Suan Ville, only a short distance from Nong Khang Khok, and I suspect the children came from there.

As the crow flies we are only about 4 Km from the railway station.