webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tropo said:

To be fair, you can get very sweet oranges that are sweet when you squeeze them.

Sometimes it's nice to have a fruit juice. Eating and drinking are different pleasures - one doesn't satisfy the desire for the other.

Chemical preservatives don't "just becomes fat,  cholesterol". Sugar doesn't either. It can, but that depends on many factors.

This molecule is not a natural part of metabolism and humans do not produce it. In fact, very few cells in the body can make use of it except liver cells. When we eat a lot of sugar, most of the fructose gets metabolized by the liver. There it gets turned into fat, which is then secreted into the blood.

https://authoritynutrition.com/4-ways-sugar-makes-you-fat/

4 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Look out here comes the knee jerk sugar tax! 

Look out there goes the sugar cane farming industry!

mitrapon, a huge thai multinational exploit local farmers and are very happy

to perpetuated the excessive use of of sugar which causes untold health issues.

the roads around their mills are a disaster during harvest times, with cane all over and ridiculously slow moving vehicles blocking the roads.

look out some actual info.

54 minutes ago, kaorop said:

mitrapon, a huge thai multinational exploit local farmers and are very happy

to perpetuated the excessive use of of sugar which causes untold health issues.

the roads around their mills are a disaster during harvest times, with cane all over and ridiculously slow moving vehicles blocking the roads.

look out some actual info.

I agree with you entirely. Problem is this country is run by clowns.

18 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"In breaking news, experts have announced that the teas, coffees and fluorescent pink sodas purchased from roadside vendors are not very good for you. That’s right, apparently, they’re loaded with sugar."  

Nothing shouts "prosperity" louder than having obese children with Type 2 diabetes. 

You  watch. Something else to blame somebody else for. Never heard of it until them aliens came. 

Okay, exposing both my laziness and lack of background in Thai cuisine, is sugar an indigenous problem in Thailand, or did it come in with the evil westerners and our money grubbing corporations?

Edited by impulse

16 hours ago, tolsti said:

Wow.... I have eaten some strange things in my time and in many countries..... I have never been served a cow pat. I have stepped over them on many occasions though. 

Ahhh, but on those cold mornings, standing bare foot in a fresh warm one, now that's living.

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

Okay, exposing both my laziness and lack of background in Thai cuisine, is sugar an indigenous problem in Thailand, or did it come in with the evil westerners and our money grubbing corporations?

Yes, you are exposing your laziness, and your anti western agenda.

5 seconds, yes, 5 seconds, on Google... go read this

https://www.scribd.com/document/323594885/Sugar-production-in-Thailand

1 minute ago, impulse said:

There's these new things called "boots" I discovered for keeping my toes warm, and clean, too.

Ah, but the natural product is so good, and recyclable.

But hey, why do you need to take the fun out of a joke... geez.

Edited by Rorri

5 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Yes, you are exposing your laziness, and your anti western agenda.

5 seconds, yes, 5 seconds, on Google... go read this

https://www.scribd.com/document/323594885/Sugar-production-in-Thailand

Ever read Tom Sawyer?  

Edit:  BTW, that link covers PRODUCTION.  Got one for CONSUMPTION?

Edited by impulse

14 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

This molecule is not a natural part of metabolism and humans do not produce it. In fact, very few cells in the body can make use of it except liver cells. When we eat a lot of sugar, most of the fructose gets metabolized by the liver. There it gets turned into fat, which is then secreted into the blood.

https://authoritynutrition.com/4-ways-sugar-makes-you-fat/

It's not only about fat. Too much sugar all the time wears out the pancreas. Welcome to diabetes. Not only fat people get it.

5 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Why? Does anyone know what "impulse" is on about?

Does a boy get a chance to whitewash a fence every day?”

That put the thing in a new light. Ben stopped nibbling his apple. Tom swept his brush daintily back and forth – stepped back to note the effect – added a touch here and there – criticised the effect again – Ben watching every move and getting more and more interested, more and more absorbed. Presently he said:

“Say, Tom, let me whitewash a little.”

http://www.pbs.org/marktwain/learnmore/writings_tom.html

Sorry for taking the thread off on a tangent...

22 minutes ago, impulse said:

Ever read Tom Sawyer?  

Edit:  BTW, that link covers PRODUCTION.  Got one for CONSUMPTION?

Your comment was in regards to sugar and it being in the Thais life, well I simply pointed out that it wasn't from any western influence.

Now you seem to gone off topic, and, mate, you've lost the plot.

Someone, please help me to understand "impulses" comments...

As for sugar, added to food, imagine what some of it would taste like without it... same goes for the, sometimes, over use of chili.

Edited by Rorri

yes they poured sugar into it. squeezed the orange juice by yourself and see if it tastes sweet. any labels in supermarkets thats says no additives or sugar added is BS as well. 

if u squeezed orange juice or just cut up an orange or apple watch it go bad n change color within 2-3 days in your fridge.
how does juices have such long shelf life in supermarkets or even in local markets? they add a certain chemical to preserve it.
what does this chemical change into once digest inside your body?  it just becomes fat, cholesterol. 

if u want fruits, just buy fruits and eat the whole fruit. thats the best way to get all the nutrients vitamins and fibre.

I agree with the news article and most of the comments here about too much sugar in drinks.

But what you wrote is simply not true.

First, yes, juices contain naturally a lot of sugar, fruit sugar.
But there is no sugar added in 100% fruit juice. You can run a lab test to determine if the sugar comes from the own fruits or is added from any other source.

Second, what you describe with the apple and orange juice is an oxidation reaction with the ambient air.
The non-refrigerated juice you can buy is pasteurised, aseptic packed and the air space in the packaging filled with N2 Gas to prevent spoilage from oxidation.

However, you should limit the daily consumption of juice and eat the whole fruit instead because it contains fibre and other things which are removed from the juice during processing.